Bird Dogs Forever Podcast

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Bird Dogs Forever Podcast

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:31 am

Well with computers and the internet...new ideas are growing everyday

Dr Chris Hagaseth who did Bird dogs forever show well long story short Chris has started a new idea with the Ipod
His first Podcast is with Steve Smith
from the Ipod cast page"
In our effort to bring you the absolutely best in upland bird hunting information and entertainment we are complimenting our video podcasts with audio podcasts as well. We will bring you all sorts of features and interviews in addition to the video releases.

Steve Smith is the editor of The Pointing Dog Journal, The Retriever Journal, and Traveling Wingshooter. In the past he also founded Gun Dog Magazine, Wing and Shot and Shooting Sportsman. He is an expert on dogs, bird hunting and shotguns. In our first free-wheeling interview we get to know Steve, appreciate his sense of humor and develop a terrible envy for his work in life.
Now I will have more stuff to do while on our roads trips

When I spoke with Chris he said he had just gotten through interviewing with Rick Smith....That should be an awesome interview as Rick Smith not only a great trainer with HOF dog he ran in Trails he also holds great seminars

Sounds like Chris has many great ideas...But this Pod Cast sounds like it has some great potential...still in the starts but plenty of uncharted territory which Chris is laying the starting map on

http://www.birddogsforever.com/bird_dog ... odes.shtmlImage
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Mntngoat

Post by Mntngoat » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:09 am

I downloaded them and listed to them on my way to work the last couple days.

Michael

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:51 pm

Well that was fast...Chris has already posted the interview with Rick Smith....Pretty neat. Gives a little more insight to Rick and where he comes from in his realm of seminars ...
Even Sharon came up in the interview.

Dial up is just a bit slow to download the interviews But it has been well worth it.....
Looking forward to more
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:06 am

Do you really have to have iTunes to get these "podcasts?"

Even an iPod?
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:00 am

i just downloaded i tunes on my PC ...Not only can I download the Things which Chris at Bird Dogs forever has put together...I haven't had a chance to check out every thing else it has to offer yet...but it looks pretty cool so far

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:16 am

I think its great to see technology being used in this way. Maybe we could do a GDF pod cast.... Then again, that time thing comes into play. I'll tell ya, since this move, my life has been turned upside down. I don't know where my time went....

Toyman

Post by Toyman » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:09 pm

When you go to the website do you save it or open it? Do not know much about computers.

Thanks
Toyman

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:09 pm

I have been downloading them...i think with some of your cable and DSL you can on line it but i have dial up
There is a deal which explains what to do...
or even email chris he might be able to give you some easy instructions

I am still learning it myself

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:43 am

Oh geez... now I really do need an iPod. :cry:

("need" and "want" are, of course, synonymous)
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

pear

Post by pear » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:21 pm

I think this is the excuse I was looking for IPOD here I come..."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

gcastillo

Post by gcastillo » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:27 am

HAHA. I am already there. Great find. Not easy to find good content on podcasts IMO. This is definitely one worth subscribing to. Yes go get an iPOD it is a wonderful thing between my ipod and my XM radio in the truck I never have to listen to BLAH radio.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:29 pm

Dangit, I shot myself in the foot. I just showed my wife the videos on my computer and she told me that if I had just said that I need an iPod to play them, then she would have let me get one. But, now that she knows I can play them on my laptop without an iPod -- no way! :evil:
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:34 pm

lets see...tell her that you want to be able to listen to them on your way to work and such and that the Ipod would also prevent having to download to much on your computer and you would like to keep a library of the better podcasts to come :D

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

on your way to work
... I'm working from home until after I take the bar this July.
would also prevent having to download to much on your computer
... and she would say "what about that 120 gig hard drive you just had to have so you could store this type of thing?"

Naw, she's got me pegged by now on those sort of excuses. Maybe I can swing it as a graduation present or something though. I was saving that one for a new pup, but it looks like the breedings I have been interested in are put off until the fall anyway. At least I got several months to think of a new excuse for a pup. :lol:
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Toyman

Post by Toyman » Sun May 07, 2006 10:30 am

I have been downloading the podcasts and they are good. I emailed Chris about the subscription program he has on Birddogs Forever. I want to delete some of the podcasts so it will not fill up my hard drive but I can not locate them. Any suggestions?

Toyman

rosiesdad

Post by rosiesdad » Tue May 09, 2006 5:04 am

No, you dont need an I pod to record or listen to these. Go to the Podcast, and save, then burn a cd. Easy does, thats for the audio podcast. The video is same but use Nero when you burn and it will burn a mp4 file and convert it to play on your dvd player (tv). No need to spend big bucks just use the technology you have in your cheapo Dell.
Only two seasons, bird season and getting ready for bird season

GSP4619

Post by GSP4619 » Tue May 09, 2006 11:54 am

LOL Steve your wife is a smart lady.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:40 pm

I'm looking at adding some podcasts to GDF. Any ideas of what you'd like to hear. (besides lindsay yelling at me to get off the computer)

I'm also working on the GDF member websites again. Hopefully I can get on the ball now and finish my projects....

Guys, if you don't have an ipod, GET ONE! Lindsay and I got us each an ipod nano. Now we hit the road with our music, podcasts, and audible books. This last weekend I listened to the Steve Smith interview while I cut the grass. Two warnings tho, first, get two. Its no fun having to fight like kids over the ipod. Second, don't take your sweet thang's ear piece when you cant find your own. They get ill....

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:39 pm

Ok, Grant, I'll feed the addiction. I'd like to see me going on hunts in Maine, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, Texas, and Arizona.

Since there is a high degree of probability that such a thing won't happen because my wife carries what seems to be all the same traits as your wife, I guess we'll have to settle for less. :lol:

Seriously, though, an idea is to take and incorporate in video from all of our members' hunting and/or training, some video/photo ideas on kennel plans, bird keeping (pigeons and game birds - a how-to and a what-needed, i.e. licenses to get from the DNR), anything related to shotgun sports, etc.

I'm sure more ideas will fall in place once the podcasts get rolling.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:50 pm

I am all for it. I am in my own head for 10 hours everyday at work and could use somthing to listen too.