My Pup at 14 weeks

mcclinj

My Pup at 14 weeks

Post by mcclinj » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:41 am

Chloe is 14 weeks this morning, I got her to actually look at the camera last night so I thought I'd post a picture. She goes to the vet on Tuesday morning, so I can get a more exact weight then, but I believe she weighs in at around 17-18 pounds or so.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Re: My Pup at 14 weeks

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:48 am

shes looking good!!..hows she doing with training/obedience?..they are like sponges at this age it always amazes me how quick they learn (good and bad behaviour) :lol: .....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

mcclinj

Post by mcclinj » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:03 am

She's doing well with everything other than puppy biting, we've tried yelping and taking our hand away, ear biting, ear pinching, "No" and swat on the nose or rear...I think she likes the pain...lol. She's gotten better with it the past week or so, she's getting more exercise than normal, I was home everyday on spring break from school.

I meant to post these on here before....the pigeon post of Ruth and Jersey just now reminded me. Sorry there so small....It seems I can make them really big, or really small.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mcclinj

Post by mcclinj » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:11 am

She's doing well with everything other than puppy biting, we've tried yelping and taking our hand away, ear biting, ear pinching, "No" and swat on the nose or rear...I think she likes the pain...lol. She's gotten better with it the past week or so, she's getting more exercise than normal, I was home everyday on spring break from school.

I meant to post these on here before....the pigeon post of Ruth and Jersey just now reminded me.

mcclinj

Post by mcclinj » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:23 am

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Roll her lip under her own teeth so when she chomps down she causes herself pain....or if she bits you squeeze her lip against her tooth until she crys and she will get the idea. NO and firm smack on the snout works too....you dont wanna let her get away with biting at all.

What she's tellin you is "you don't scare me"....when you are making your corrections, make them count.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:19 pm

birddog1968 wrote:Roll her lip under her own teeth so when she chomps down she causes herself pain....or if she bits you squeeze her lip against her tooth until she crys and she will get the idea. NO and firm smack on the snout works too....you dont wanna let her get away with biting at all.

What she's tellin you is "you don't scare me"....when you are making your corrections, make them count.
That is good advice.

Also, when she is biting and being naughty, throw her on her back and stare at her until she stops struggling and looks away. You always want her to look away first. Be the Alpha now, and avoid many problems down the line. :wink: Good luck. I love puppies! :D Enjoy every minute.
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Onk

Post by Onk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:33 am

I do think she has grown....and I'm betting is spoiled to boot!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

rapid fire

Post by rapid fire » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:43 am

Beautiful pup. For the biting, I just shove my thumb as far back in the mouth as I can and grab the bottom jaw with my fingers till they relax. You get a few marks on your hand, but it only takes a few times.

solon

Post by solon » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:32 am

I agree you want to stop the puppy from biting people. I personally would avoid any swats around the head or snout. I hate to see a dog that is hand shy, and striking the dog near the head is a good way to make a dog fear your hand. A forceful reprimand and grab the muzzle and pinch the lips as suggested, or give it a shake should deter biting. What ever seems to work and makes that behavior unrewarding for the pup should cure it over time. It is natural for pups to bite as they explore their world, so be patient and consistent. Your pup will learn you and your fellow humans are off limits for biting.

Solon