TRADE-UP PROGRAM

gittrdonebritts

TRADE-UP PROGRAM

Post by gittrdonebritts » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:33 am

Did anyone know about Tri Tronics "trade up" program you can send in your old unit and upgrade to the newer or latest version.
That's pretty freaking cool.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Re: TRADE-UP PROGRAM

Post by nikegundog » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:20 am

I looked at it briefly, I believe it said 25% off REGULAR price. Most places I looked sold them for about 15% off list price. I always get coupons from Cabala's so I figure I could probably get a collar for 25% off list price without the trade-in. If I'm wrong on this let me know because I have thought about getting a new collar sometime in the near future.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:36 am

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:38 am

I always contact my tri-tronics rep and get the 25% anyway.

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:44 am

if anyone on here gets the collars at 25% off and would like to help someone else get the discount without the trade in let me know. I am looking at buying a new collar but the one I want is just out of my financial reach right now. Thanks to all

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:52 pm

Ranger,
When I looked at the tritronics collars, it seemed to me that everyplace sold the collars for at least 10% off list price. Evan the tritronics outlet gives you 10% off. So in reality the trade-in program is equivalent to 15% off, not 25%. If you order on-line from Cabela's you get coupons in the mail every couple weeks (at least in my case), some are not great some are. However, I wouldn't doubt if someone on this board could get you a decent discount.

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:54 pm

That would be great if some one had those connections and would be willing to hook me up. I pick up my pup on Sunday. A gsp.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:19 pm

You could probably offload an older but working collar in our B/S/T forum for more than the 15% discount is worth. Got to find a buyer and ship it, though, so that could be a hassle. But, buying lightly used equipment at a discount price helps new people into our sport, especially where budgets have crunched down the available "play money".
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux