YAHOO!!!!!!!

BillGraves

YAHOO!!!!!!!

Post by BillGraves » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:01 pm

I talked with my better 3/4 today and got the nod to go ahead and look for a pup!!!!!!!!! I'm going to look around but ideally, I will get a solid liver GSP! SO EXCITED :D

OkieDogGuy

Re: YAHOO!!!!!!!

Post by OkieDogGuy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:05 pm

Congrats...always helps when momma's on board...

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:06 pm

Good for you!!..it is always a plus to have your spouse agree before bringing the pup home and apologizing :lol: ..hope you find exactly what you want..theres enough pups around thats for sure, keep us posted :D ...ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

BillGraves

Post by BillGraves » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:00 pm

I will definitely keep everyone posted...I'm looking to pick up a pup somewhere near the middle to end of May but if the right one comes along earlier I might just jump at it!

Bill

BTW I am not set on a solid liver either so if anyone knows of any good ones coming up...I'm in York, PA

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:23 pm

That's great!!! One of the most exciting things is searching, choosing and waiting to get that puppy home!!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Real good, exciting stuff!

Sprig

Post by Sprig » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:38 pm

somedays i wish i had a better half to keep me in check.... :lol: i wouldnt have so darn many dogs if i did. lol lol

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:20 pm

Check with Ann ( Zodiak GSPs) on here...she is always in the know about the quality GSP pups coming up. She is in Erie. Just saw a litter posted local here in Greene County too..want that I should check out Mama and Papa etc....?

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Solid liver, eh??

I know where you can get a really nice 2" wide reflective collar in your choice of fluorescent colors. :lol: :lol:

Seriously, take your time, find the litter you want and the pup you want.

Enjoy.

RayG

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:36 am

You might want to give Larry lowell a call or send him a pm on here. I think he might be a great contact if you are looking into a dog you will really want. I talked with him about his NEO breeding comming up and it should produce some great great great hunting / test / trial dogs. Lowells gun dogs in ca. I was told I can't buy a dog but no one said I couldn't be part owner lol I may have to get one myself.

Onk

Post by Onk » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:10 am

Thumbs up on the pup! Congrats! Wife's in the long run always cave to puppy preasure!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:50 pm

heres a REALLY nice litter of pups you might want to look at..i pasted it on here but not sure how well you can see them..its in loveland colorado though..not sure how far youre willing to look for one but just in case you can call chad oleson 970 203 1218 i'd ask him about female #7 or male # 9 they are almost all liver really nice pups and HUSTLER/TREKKER bred which my pup has in her line too..these pups are a month old ready to go in a month..just have him send you some emails it cant hurt to have a look :twisted: ...happy searching...ruth

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:26 pm

Hey billgraves, i know you are going to wait but did you check out the pups mtclips has in the dogs for sale section, he has 3 liver pups left..they sure are cute AND in PA!!...ruth

BillGraves

Post by BillGraves » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:57 pm

Ruth, I did see them, thanks. I'm going to hold off for a little while...now is not the right time especially considering yesterday's events with the bloodhound! I need to get this guy under control then see what we can do.

Bill

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:02 pm

BillGraves wrote:Ruth, I did see them, thanks. I'm going to hold off for a little while...now is not the right time especially considering yesterday's events with the bloodhound! I need to get this guy under control then see what we can do.

Bill
You are a wise man, Bill. I have every confidence you can get your adult under control, and then a young pup won't be a threat to him. Who knows, maybe Cajun is correct and it's a thyroid thing (very treatable). It was my bad to overlook a possible health issue - that's always a basic to rule out first. Also make sure that his vision and hearing are OK. We have a dog going blind (PRA) and he is becoming more dog reactive.

hosejockey2935

Post by hosejockey2935 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:39 am

BillGraves wrote: better 3/4 today
Funny how that work, however, majority rules, can't argue with that! Congrats!
Sir Ta' Mater of Chaos - Mater

Firebrand's Smoke & Mirrors - Kenzie
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3358