Attention Administration

Birddogz

Attention Administration

Post by Birddogz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:13 pm

I was wondering how hard it would be to create an on going file per state that could be visited by our fellow forum viewers. Restaurants, Vets, motel/hotels, places to get licenses and ammo, auto repair, etc. per town, per state. I'm just looking for the massive collective experience of all of us to help people traveling to hunt. We could allow the members to build info by region/town per state. I believe it would be very valuable if set up properly. :D
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Ryman Gun Dog

Re: Attention Administration

Post by Ryman Gun Dog » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:18 pm

Birdogz,
Now this is a great idea, that would benifit all members of the forum.
RGD/Dave

JKP

Post by JKP » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:19 pm

Glad to give you all that info...just not in the towns where I hunt...will that do??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Volunteer only what you wish. :lol:
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Birdogz ~ I like the idea! :D

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Administration, is this workable? How can we help with the process?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:07 pm

We will look at it and see if it is something we can do. Like the idea but with two concerns, accuracy of the input and keeping it up to date and also need to keep the chatter down as much as possiblr so it will be readable.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:15 pm

ezzy333 wrote:We will look at it and see if it is something we can do. Like the idea but with two concerns, accuracy of the input and keeping it up to date and also need to keep the chatter down as much as possiblr so it will be readable.

Ezzy
You could just put it state by state, and say that you are not responsible for accuracy. People could call the numbers ahead of time to confirm the validity. I bet there would be much more helpful info rather than BS.

scmelik

Post by scmelik » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:44 am

ezzy333 wrote:We will look at it and see if it is something we can do. Like the idea but with two concerns, accuracy of the input and keeping it up to date and also need to keep the chatter down as much as possiblr so it will be readable.

Ezzy

Ezzy instead of making it an open thread for people or admin to make posts in, could it be something that is done database style? Members send the information to a selected admin and that admin enters the information into a database, then when we are going to take a trip somewhere we can go to said database and do a search for that area (state and/or town) and bring up all the information that has been previously submitted. This way it wouldn't get a bunch of senseless chatter and would make navigating much easier.
Scott

no dogs currently, looking for a new pup probably a setter.

Forget about the ending and enjoy the story that takes you to the ending

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:24 pm

I Like It.....Alot :D .
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Im on a performance truck forum, and they have a "hometown" section, Which is basically a state, by state listing which are all open forums and local guys talk and you can get in and ask questions, I was able to find a shop in Maryland while on vacation, it was really helpful...... I dont know if it would really work as a closed forum. Obviously people are a little more protective about their honey holes, than their Mechanic, but it would be helpful to beable to find some of this info from locals.
Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:31 pm

scmelik wrote:

Ezzy

Ezzy instead of making it an open thread for people or admin to make posts in, could it be something that is done database style? Members send the information to a selected admin and that admin enters the information into a database, then when we are going to take a trip somewhere we can go to said database and do a search for that area (state and/or town) and bring up all the information that has been previously submitted. This way it wouldn't get a bunch of senseless chatter and would make navigating much easier.
You could create a form to be filled out and then approved by the admin. That way the person responsibe would not have to input the data a second time, just approve it.

jayhawkj

Post by jayhawkj » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:25 pm

This is a very good idea!

britspan

Post by britspan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:09 am

jayhawkj wrote:This is a very good idea!
Agreed

admin

Post by admin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:06 pm

Thanks. We're looking into it right now.
-- ROB SNELL,
DOG TRAINING DIGITAL LLC

Hookadooka BirdDogs

Post by Hookadooka BirdDogs » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:04 pm

Google "411.com". Should get you all the info you might need for the area you plan to hunt in. Would that work? Just a thought.
Pointed birds: If it's flyin', it's dyin'.

In 1969, the only woodstock I saw was on my M-14.