What Has X Taught You?

doco
Location: Massena, NY - on the Northermost US/Canadian Border

Re: What Has X Taught You?

Post by doco » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:58 am

To Ray and Joe my East Coast Buddies,

I am one heck of a fly-fisherman, the best in my own eyes, and my son's. However, we are talking about the best fisherman. You guys are the BEST fisherman on here because you are throwing so much bait and catching the biggest fish on this thread. Your bait is your experience, wisdom, honesty, and ability to see throught the muddy waters and catch the biggest fish with clouded eyes. I will continue to swim in the shallow end with the minnows. I totally Bow down you, I have been humbled. You win 2-1.

I hate Texting, email, and almost blogging for the all of the reasons that this thread has proven. It is very difficult to explain yourself and/or one's thoughts on a very controversial subject in text completely. Had this conversation been at a bar where thoughts could be thoroughly explained it would have made more sense without all the "what I meant was". I'm not saying that it would not get a little heated but everyone would have been able to say EXACTLY what they meant without waiting for 6 or 7 posts to try and clarify or rebutt their initial intentions.

Would have made for a great Brawl though!

Bill

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:16 pm

Ryman Gun Dog wrote:Gentlemen,
This thread has about run its course, the nasty snide personal remarks have more than started. Ray your arguement about range is also more than weak,
we have Gun dogs who produce running big, medium and short, instinctive talent and bidability are much more important in a hunting dog than one that finds birds for himself on the other side of the mounain. I do not believe Birddogz has limited knowledge, as you try to make him out. His views are like most of those held by men who do much more hunting than FTing, many of those men have played Ft games in the past them selves. Lots of these back woods Grouse dog owners believe FT people are arrogant people who like to play games with their dogs, and they get those opinions form hearing FT people like youself say things like you just did about BirdDogz. Just because he disagrees with your ideas about dogs, does not give you the right to attack him personally, I doubt you would do so standing face to face with him in the woods some place. Whats even more reproachable is when a bunch of FT people gang up on a man they disagee with, on a forum like this one. Pheasant and especially Grouse hunters are pretty induvidualistic hunting people, few like myself or Birddogz spend time talking about what they have learned about hunting dogs thru the years.
When these things are different than the FT crowd want to hear, the personal attacks start, just because BirdDogz experiences are different than yours does not make them wrong.
RGD/Dave
Dave I have never said anything about you but know how I feel about you. You and Mr. bright both get on here and pound your chest and tell everyone hoe goof you are. The thing is if either of you were as hood as you thought we would know it. I like hoe people get on here and talk down towards people and when people react its the second poster that is the arrogant one....

People need to really look in the mirror and see what they really look like!
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

Brittanys are Best enough said...

BBD's Ca-Ching
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1061

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=678

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=869

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:20 pm

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:BD you fail to realise that before most of us got into FT we were strickly hunters.I have owned GSPS for over 36 yrs hunted all that time & still do.I got into FT about 5 yrs ago I still hunt just can't do it like I used to because of some health issues.I have hunted grouse,pheasants,& quail here in Ohio with the same dogs.Yeah I know we don't have the phez you have or the grouse Dave does but seems as you have designated yourself the Phez expert like Dave has himself grouse expert.You say you use to live in Ohio so bring your expert self & dogs back go hunting with your close working dogs & see how fast you find birds & fill your limit.There are still a few wild birds in a few places one of them being Deer Creek WLA near Columbus.Same goes out to Dave come here to Ohio & show us how it's done.I still think you & Dave might be twins!! :lol:
I used to limit in Ohio on phez all the time. My friends still do. Limit is only 2, and it takes a lot of walking. I'll PM you a good spot.
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:23 pm

Me to so what? :lol:
You don't have to walk as much if your dog does it for you.

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:25 pm

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs wrote:
Ryman Gun Dog wrote:Gentlemen,
This thread has about run its course, the nasty snide personal remarks have more than started. Ray your arguement about range is also more than weak,
we have Gun dogs who produce running big, medium and short, instinctive talent and bidability are much more important in a hunting dog than one that finds birds for himself on the other side of the mounain. I do not believe Birddogz has limited knowledge, as you try to make him out. His views are like most of those held by men who do much more hunting than FTing, many of those men have played Ft games in the past them selves. Lots of these back woods Grouse dog owners believe FT people are arrogant people who like to play games with their dogs, and they get those opinions form hearing FT people like youself say things like you just did about BirdDogz. Just because he disagrees with your ideas about dogs, does not give you the right to attack him personally, I doubt you would do so standing face to face with him in the woods some place. Whats even more reproachable is when a bunch of FT people gang up on a man they disagee with, on a forum like this one. Pheasant and especially Grouse hunters are pretty induvidualistic hunting people, few like myself or Birddogz spend time talking about what they have learned about hunting dogs thru the years.
When these things are different than the FT crowd want to hear, the personal attacks start, just because BirdDogz experiences are different than yours does not make them wrong.
RGD/Dave
Dave I have never said anything about you but know how I feel about you. You and Mr. bright both get on here and pound your chest and tell everyone hoe goof you are. The thing is if either of you were as hood as you thought we would know it. I like hoe people get on here and talk down towards people and when people react its the second poster that is the arrogant one....

People need to really look in the mirror and see what they really look like!
I have been called many things, but hoe goof is all I can take! :lol:
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:01 pm

It appears we all have learned a lot even though some of it we didn't want to know. Seems we are going no where now other than to repeat the same things we have been aware of for sometime and that wasn't learned on just this thread.

I think it may be time to move on to something else so unless someone hs something new to add lets just close this one out.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:54 pm

doco wrote:To Ray and Joe my East Coast Buddies,

I am one heck of a fly-fisherman, the best in my own eyes, and my son's. However, we are talking about the best fisherman. You guys are the BEST fisherman on here because you are throwing so much bait and catching the biggest fish on this thread. Your bait is your experience, wisdom, honesty, and ability to see throught the muddy waters and catch the biggest fish with clouded eyes. I will continue to swim in the shallow end with the minnows. I totally Bow down you, I have been humbled. You win 2-1.

I hate Texting, email, and almost blogging for the all of the reasons that this thread has proven. It is very difficult to explain yourself and/or one's thoughts on a very controversial subject in text completely. Had this conversation been at a bar where thoughts could be thoroughly explained it would have made more sense without all the "what I meant was". I'm not saying that it would not get a little heated but everyone would have been able to say EXACTLY what they meant without waiting for 6 or 7 posts to try and clarify or rebutt their initial intentions.

Would have made for a great Brawl though!

Bill
Bill -

If you want to get out of the snowbelt you should consider the Eastern GSP trial at Medford. I'll be there for the All Age and would enjoy swapping lies. If you are able, there is an AF trrial down by me at Petersburg, DE the end of the month. Our ground is bare and I swear I see some green shoots sticking up. I'm scheduled to judge at Petersburg on Sunday(no Idea which stakes yet) and nothing would please me more than to put up a deserving stubtail in with all those longtails.

RayG

doco
Location: Massena, NY - on the Northermost US/Canadian Border

Post by doco » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Already have plans to be there in Medford, hopefully for both weekends. Just put 10 miles on my female that just whelped to start to get her ready again. The other is down in Ga. chasing re-released birds in those big piney woods. Sent her down while we whelped this litter. It's kinda hard to keep an eye on that one at 700 - 800 yards. But, it sure is nice to ride up on her 5 min's later.

The longtail boys in Ga. questioned Burjan about her being a Shorthair running that big and his reply was "It's a dark dog with a stubby tail, ain't it". They still were'nt believing that an Eastern Stubby tail had that kinda range, speed, and stamina. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention her nose standin off at 20 & 30 yards.

Oh well, she's just a trial dog anyway!

Bill
If You Ain't Lettin Lead Fly, Nothin Falls......

KJ's Hightailing Saddle x Von Grief's Abbey Road Litter
Whelped 12/23/2010

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3061

FC Von Greif's Abbey Road
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3059

FC/AFC Heidi Von Greif
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=3060

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:06 pm

doco -

Excellent. Look forward to seeing you there. Maybe we'll be braced together. That would be fun.

I roaded my dogs day before yesterday for 45 minutes. They were pulling in the harness pretty much all the way. Took them out on foot at a preserve today, just to mix it up. No hunting in DE on sunday so it was just a popgun day. Just a small field of cut over milo, thirty or forty acres I guess. I had the garmin on one and the beeper on the bracing dog. It was fun.

RayG

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:27 pm

doco wrote:You guys are the BEST fisherman on here because you are throwing so much bait and catching the biggest fish on this thread. Your bait is your experience, wisdom, honesty, and ability to see throught the muddy waters and catch the biggest fish with clouded eyes.
I don't know Doco. I'm kinda thinking Birddogz might be an even better fisherman than he is hunter. He threw out one piece of bait, waited for a nibble, and then set the hook in everyone of them........ 8)

Coveyrise64
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:36 pm

I do have some great fishing pics I need to post. :D