Anyone have a Dashing Bondhu from Mountain View Kennels ?

kcc

Anyone have a Dashing Bondhu from Mountain View Kennels ?

Post by kcc » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Looking for anyone who has a Dashing Bondhu Llewellin from Mountain View Kennels in Ky. The claims on the website seem hard to believe. See also my lengthy post under "Setters". I'm thinking of buying one.

rapid fire

Re: Anyone have a Dashing Bondhu from Mountain View Kennels ?

Post by rapid fire » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:36 pm

My little setter's sire comes from Dashing Bondhu, but I am still waiting on the full pedigree. I will pm you when I get it.

kcc

Post by kcc » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:52 pm

Thanks for the reply. Are you happy with your dog ? How old is it and have you had it out on birds yet ? Is it easy to train ? I assume its a good house dog cause I've never a english setter breed that wasn't. I guess my biggest question is what made decide on the line/breeder ?

highcotton
GDF Premier Member!

Post by highcotton » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:07 pm

The majority of present day Llewellins will show some Bondhu in their pedigree.

The web site you mentioned makes a lot of bold claims. I am not familiar with their dogs but notice they are not FDSB registered. That would be a problem if you ever wanted to do any type field trialing.

The photo of Dashing Blaze Bondhu is a dead ringer for Grouse Ridge Will. Look at the Grouse Ridge site's picture of Will and you will see what I mean

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Thanks quite the guarantee they have.

kcc

Post by kcc » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:38 pm

The guarantee sounds crazy, right? As far as the FDSB goes it seems like King Kennels had a falling out with them over the sire of OLN Hunting with Hank which had Russian Llewellin blood but was mis-registered , by him, alledgedly. So apparently, King quit the FDSB and he and Mountain View formed a new org. which doesn't look like anyone else belongs to. Also, the new org. has a sub-group for Dashing Bondhus so it seems like it''s turning into a Turducken. A DB inside a Lllewllin inside an English setter. Anyway I'm asking around trying to find someone with some experence with their dogs or kennel. Mostly because their claims sound incredible.

4ShotB

Post by 4ShotB » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:36 am

I have looked at their website when i was searching for my first pup. Very impressive site. I emailed with the guy a time or two but went with another breeder. I couldn't find out much online about them, either positive or negative, besides their own web site. Had I pursued it further I would have asked for (and checked out) a number of references. Good luck!

kcc

Post by kcc » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:31 pm

I just checked out the photos of Dashing Blaze Bondhu vs. Grouse Ridge Will. They look an awful lot like the same dog. Same point, same collar! The left rear haunch, tail and right front shoulder of DBB look much too sharp to be un-retouched. Would someone really try to pass off a photo of a dog as prominent as GRW as their own? Sounds pretty outragious. Mountain View addresses this on its website, I'm going to show the photos to my friend who's a pro photographer and ask his opinion.

JHumes

Post by JHumes » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:39 pm

I know a llewellin kennel in KY that has a lifetime money back guarrentee, I think the one your talking about may be the one.If it is go for it.
James -cell: 484-636-9938
-home:610-279-5110

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:00 pm

It doesn't mean they aren't good dogs, but I would not buy a Llewellin that you can not register with FDSB!
big steve

stanherbert

Post by stanherbert » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:44 pm

I have bought a dog from mountain view kennel, Max my dog has 1 birth defect cryptorchidism, and 1 genetic defect cow hock . You have to return your dog to get another. there is no refund. IPDBA was founded in 1996 Alfred King and mountain view kennels have both stated they joined ipdba in 1996 on their websites. IPDBA is located near mountian view with post office box number no address. When I did a phone number check on the one on the IPDBA site guess whos name comes up for that phone #. Michael Bloodgood owner of Mountain View kennels.