4X2 deer hunt

dlfl

4X2 deer hunt

Post by dlfl » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:49 am

The weapon was my 2002 Ford Ranger. I saw the deer coming from the left and it was trying to jump my truck. I hit it , it flipped upside down, crashed into the drivers side window, wrapped around the fender and its rump crashed through the drivers window hitting me in the head. Scared the holly heck out of me and Gage. A few people stopped and made sure we were OK. One called the accident in and Gage and I waited forever for the State Police to come. A wrecker took the truck and us to a collision center.

I set up a rental car to be driven over and we waited for it for about another hour. If you have a wreck with your dog with you and you have car rental insurance make sure they know you have a dog with you. My car insurance company uses Enterprise car rental co. When it arrived the women driving told me I could not take the pup in the car. By this time I had had about enough, I told her to take the @#$%^&* car back to the rental office. I had to have my son drive an hour to come get us. By the time I got home I was worn out and still had to clean the deer. Yes I am still pissed and this happened yesterday.

Last edited by dlfl on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dіck

AzDoggin

Re: 2X2 deer hunt

Post by AzDoggin » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:00 am

Wow, glad you and your dog are OK.

If it was me, after I'd settled down a bit (and it could take awhile), I'd go up the chain aways in Enterprise Rent a Car and express my concern about the lack of service in a time of need. Talk about frigging ridiculous. You could have had the seat vacuumed. Is that what customers should expect from Enterprise??? heck, I'm starting to get PO'd just writing about it.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:10 am

Wow... that's all I can say about enterprise. What a bunch of hacks. :roll: :x

Glad you and the dog are okay. The deer did a bang up job on the ol ranger. :lol:

Jess
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:00 pm

Sorry about your bad experience and glad you and your dog are ok. I'd have told her to take her a$$ back to the office and get me a car I could take my dog in or bring me her car or I was going to call my insurance company and have them report her to Enterprise supervisors. Usually the insurance company is more worried about customer service than a rental car company is and the insurance company will have more pull with the rental company than you will especially if they think they are going to lose a valuable contract. Would have pi$$ed me off too, I don't blame you for being upset.

dlfl

Post by dlfl » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:36 am

The left side of my face and head still has a little soreness and I have a slight headache. I settled with the enterprise rental company for a complementary rental in the future. Pretty reasonable on my part I do believe, as that is all I asked for.

The tenderloins were good, and as they are the closest to the organs, the rest of the meat should be good except for the impact areas. Gage is wild for raw venison meat.