How Can I Find A Pedigree!

Onk

How Can I Find A Pedigree!

Post by Onk » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:32 pm

As I posted earlier this week my buddy got a amazing looking liver and white Brittany. Anyway he was given the paper to register the 1 1/2yr old dog and that is it. The dogs owner, come to find out, went into the military and the man we got him from was keeping the dog for him. My question is....is there anyway to find out the pedigree on this dog without registering him first, we have parents reg. #s on the paper?
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

Brittguy

Re: How Can I Find A Pedigree!

Post by Brittguy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Go to AKC.org. You can see an on line pedigree. If you were to post the sire and dam , maybe someone here could help.

Onk

Post by Onk » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:17 pm

Sire Ash's Rock sr46919004 (07-09)

Dam Ash's Rosie sr46919005 (11-09)

Thanks for any help!

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:08 pm

Looking at the AKC numbers from the sire and dam, this is a brother mating his littermate sister. They both come from litter number SR469190. One is the 04 pup out of the litter, the other is the 05 pup out of the litter. The top side and the bottom sides of the pedigree will be the same. If you have anyone post one side of the pedigree--the other side will be the same.

Onk

Post by Onk » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:30 pm

I did'nt know they did that!?

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:50 pm

Usually they don't breed a full brother to a full sister. More often than not on a line breed it will be a half brother/half sister breeding OR maybe an uncle/niece breeding for the line breeding. One of the better know full brother/full sister breedings was Brittany Hall of Fame Dog--- NFC Micro Dot. Micro Dot's parents were Micro Chip X Scipio's Super Jet(full brother/full sister). Both of those two dogs came out of a breeding of Scipio's Mister Chips X Jetta Brown.

BoJack

Post by BoJack » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:57 pm

"I did'nt know they did that!?"

With that litter they did.It can be done and some do it,But the breeder has to know what he's doing and with the right dogs.It's usually done to lock in quality and desirable traits in the offspring.One of Sean Derrig's Ch Pointers is out of a brother/sister mating,
Dog On Point!!

Onk

Post by Onk » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:16 pm

That is the cool thing about GDF you can learn something almost daily if you want to!

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:10 pm

Onk wrote:That is the cool thing about GDF you can learn something almost daily if you want to!
Sometimes even if you don't want to!
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:22 pm

With that litter they did.It can be done and some do it,But the breeder has to know what he's doing and with the right dogs.It's usually done to lock in quality and desirable traits in the offspring.One of Sean Derrig's Ch Pointers is out of a brother/sister mating,
Or because the brother and sister both have the run of the house, and the brother got to the sister before anybody knew she was in heat. That is usually the reason.

cjuve

Post by cjuve » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Wagonmaster wrote:
Or because the brother and sister both have the run of the house, and the brother got to the sister before anybody knew she was in heat. That is usually the reason.

Yep, I have heard of that more than once