Anyone Traveling from Wisconsin to Texas?

Cora's Shadow

Anyone Traveling from Wisconsin to Texas?

Post by Cora's Shadow » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone is planning to travel from Wisconsin to Texas anytime in the near future. I have a puppy that I was planning to ship to central Texas this next weekend but it looks like it might be too cold for the airlines to accept him. So I thought I would check here to see if I could pay anyone to drive him down if they are already headed in that direction. Please email me at langhaars@gmail.com if you would be willing to transport the pup for me. And then we can discuss a fair payment for this service. Thanks!

Coveyrise64

Re: Anyone Traveling from Wisconsin to Texas?

Post by Coveyrise64 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:52 pm

Cora's Shadow wrote:Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone is planning to travel from Wisconsin to Texas anytime in the near future. I have a puppy that I was planning to ship to central Texas this next weekend but it looks like it might be too cold for the airlines to accept him. So I thought I would check here to see if I could pay anyone to drive him down if they are already headed in that direction. Please email me at langhaars@gmail.com if you would be willing to transport the pup for me. And then we can discuss a fair payment for this service. Thanks!
You might see if the airlines could fly the pup as Preferred Parcel Service instead of cargo. I had one shipped to me that way from Michigan on AA.

Coveyrise64
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

madmurph

Post by madmurph » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:11 pm

Check with Caden's Kennels in Campbellsport, WI (Fond du Lac Co.) They leave for Texas every January for winter training and bring several dogs down. (I believe Comanche is the closest city.) Dennis usually leaves first and then Gary will leave a short time later. It is possible that Dennis has departed already, but Gary is likely still here. Phone number for Caden's is 920-533-8579.
You could live without a dog, but it would not be worthwhile.

Dave Quindt

Post by Dave Quindt » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:14 pm

madmurph wrote:Check with Caden's Kennels in Campbellsport, WI (Fond du Lac Co.) They leave for Texas every January for winter training and bring several dogs down. (I believe Comanche is the closest city.) Dennis usually leaves first and then Gary will leave a short time later. It is possible that Dennis has departed already, but Gary is likely still here. Phone number for Caden's is 920-533-8579.
Both Dennis & Gary are already in TX.

Cora's Shadow

Post by Cora's Shadow » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:27 am

Thanks for the responses so far. We ship our puppies on Northwest/Delta and I don't think they will make any exceptions if the temperature is below 20 degrees.

I will try asking around some other places too. There have to be some other pro trainers/field trialers heading down south to train in the near future. Thanks again for any help anyone can offer.

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:02 am

Continental Cargo. They will fly your pup no matter the temp, because they keep everyplace the pup goes climatized. Only thing is they like to know a week ahead of time. I've used them alot and have had real good luck with them. They hub out of dallas so pup shouldn't have to change planes much. Good luck.

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:57 pm

I leave for Ardmore on Monday morning the 24th. but I'm in Western Iowa it that can help.

Cora's Shadow

Post by Cora's Shadow » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Thanks again for the responses. And thanks for the offer to drive from Iowa to Oklahoma. I did just get off the phone with Continental Cargo and they said I could fly the pup out of Chicago O'Hare regardless of temperature. Its about 3.5 hours further than I usually drive to ship a puppy, but still closer than Iowa and it appears to be the best option at the moment.

Thanks again for the tips!

dan v

Post by dan v » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Cora's Shadow wrote:Thanks for the responses so far. We ship our puppies on Northwest/Delta and I don't think they will make any exceptions if the temperature is below 20 degrees.

I will try asking around some other places too. There have to be some other pro trainers/field trialers heading down south to train in the near future. Thanks again for any help anyone can offer.
It's 10 degrees as the minimum on Delta.
Dan

Cora's Shadow

Post by Cora's Shadow » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:27 pm

Wyndancer,
Thanks so much for pointing that out. I haven't shipped a puppy in about 18 months and the last time we shipped one, the rule was 20 degree with Northwest Airlines. But I haven't shipped a puppy since Delta bought out Northwest...and you are correct that their temperature requirements aren't as stringent. We'll still have to play the wait and see game but at least we have a little more breathing room.

Thanks again!