NAVHDA

Birddogz

NAVHDA

Post by Birddogz » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Can anyone tell me what kennel of any breed is the most successful in NAVHDA?
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

dan v

Re: NAVHDA

Post by dan v » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:12 pm

Birddogz wrote:Can anyone tell me what kennel of any breed is the most successful in NAVHDA?
In total numbers? Or as a percentage entered?
Dan

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:17 pm

Percentage to entries would be awesome. :D
Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short.

Addict

Post by Addict » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:02 pm

Has to be a GSP :P. Of course I'm partial.

Birddogz

Post by Birddogz » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:21 pm

gpblitz wrote:Call or e-mail NAVHDA office . They have the data. Then post for the rest of us. :D
I e-mailed them. We shall see. :D

Winchey

Post by Winchey » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:51 pm

I didn't look it up but I think it may be shooting starr.

orbirdhunter

Post by orbirdhunter » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:46 pm

I would hazard a guess that Cedarwoods Pudelpointers would be near the top.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:06 am

orbirdhunter wrote:I would hazard a guess that Cedarwoods Pudelpointers would be near the top.
I believe at one point the pudelpointer had the highest% of passing scores of any breed... Could be misremembering though.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:26 am

Geez, here we go again.

Successful by what measure? Would others agree with that measure? What context does the measure provide meaningful information? To you? To others?

Winchey

Post by Winchey » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:03 am

Success in the Navhda game, who has the most VC's and UT1's on a percentage basis, you would have to elimante small breeders who have produced very few dogs but had several reach a high level IMO, not that they are not the best, it is just to small a pool to make things statistically significant. You can't get it perfect because there are to many variables, who trained the dogs, the market the dogs were sold too, judges etc... Just keep it something obtainable and value it for what it's worth.

to the point

Post by to the point » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:15 am

I would say it probably is Sharp Shooter now. Shooting Star was at the top. Clyde puts a lot of dogs through NAVHDA

Buckeye_V

Post by Buckeye_V » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Statistically? What does that tell you without looking at the dogs? True, it's a place to start.

Numbers can be massaged to mean just about anything....

I would rather get a dog from a small breeder with better scores in a more concentrated pool. It also tells me all of those dogs were placed in homes that could be tested. What about the litters where the whole stinking squirming mess was sold to purely hunting homes, or field trial homes, or pet homes and never got that opportunity? How does that play into your statistics. Just curious :roll:
We have done something with nothing for so long we are now qualified to do everything with anything....

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=275

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=520

Winchey

Post by Winchey » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:34 pm

The stats would give you a good idea on who has produced the most dogs with the most high level scores in Navhda. That is all I said it would do, didn't say it would tell you who had the best dogs, actually I said it wasn't possible to definatively determine that. You can definatively say who is the most successful Navhda kennel. If you don't have success in Navhda but could have, you are simply not successfull in Navhda. It's just trivia, I like trivia.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:56 pm

Hi stats can be a product of "thats where the people go to buy and test a NAVHDA dog"....I am sure Blue Dawn has a higher stat of NFC's than many field trialers, or Fieldfine has hi stats of show champions.....
brenda

Fair Fields

Post by Fair Fields » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:00 am

I agree with Brenda...the success is based on what people are looking for and go out and find.

As far as shorthairs, I am guessing it is also Sharp Shooter or shooting Starr...although in the past few years I am sure Thunderheads percentage is pretty high. I think you also need to look at the fact that many of the Sharp Shooter dogs are then pro trained and handled at all levels. For example, Clyde himself has handled 300 dogs in tests. I am not saying there is anything wrong with it...they are great trainers...but it does improve their percentages when they get a good numbers of dogs back for UT and VC training.

http://www.sharpshooterskennel.com/hand ... clyde.pdf

dan v

Post by dan v » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:07 am

Fair Fields wrote:I agree with Brenda...the success is based on what people are looking for and go out and find.

As far as shorthairs, I am guessing it is also Sharp Shooter or shooting Starr...although in the past few years I am sure Thunderheads percentage is pretty high. I think you also need to look at the fact that many of the Sharp Shooter dogs are then pro trained and handled at all levels. For example, Clyde himself has handled 300 dogs in tests. I am not saying there is anything wrong with it...they are great trainers...but it does improve their percentages when they get a good numbers of dogs back for UT and VC training.
Kinda like college football? It's easy for Ohio State to recruit the top players from around the country compare to say, the Minnesota Gophers?
Dan

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:23 pm

Shooting Starr, I believe 50 Natural Ability Breeder Awards and still counting. Both Sharpshooter and Thunderhead got their foundation from Shooting Starr. A lot of good dogs out there with Shooting Starr in their background as well.

Coveyrise64
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:02 pm

gpblitz wrote:Shooting Starr has never reguired NA testing of there pups I'm told. Sharpshooter does and I believe Thunderhead does.
I beleive you're right, don't think Shooting Starr requires NA Testing. Not sure if Thunderhead does or not.

Coveyrise64

orbirdhunter

Post by orbirdhunter » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:06 pm

I glanced through the 2009 NAVDHA stats last night, curiousity got the better of me. The people saying Sharpshooter are probably correct, thunderhead also way up there. Alot of people are talking about shooting starr but i have to say that unless the NAVDHA list is messed up somehow they had almost no pups tested in 2009, at least for 09 they wouldn't be in any kind of conversation.
Cedarwoods is way up there as well.
Although i didn't add up the stats it looked like Pudelpointers by percentage still dominate, as well as wirehairs or i am guessing alot of Drahthaars by the names.

orbirdhunter

Post by orbirdhunter » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:18 pm

yep, i only looked at 09, that took long enough...... :D .

Coveyrise64

Post by Coveyrise64 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:55 pm

He lost several dogs this year too, has some youngsters coming along though.

Coveyrise64

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:43 pm

For what its worth i have a dog from Sharp Shooter Man in Black this was a Breeders award litter, all the owners that trained these dogs for NA to my nolige were 1st time trainers. No UT testing yet on these dogs they turn 2 this apirl. So we will have too see how it goes I exspect sum UT 1s an VC from this group. I`m hoping to prize 1 this spring on my girls 2 birthday. Sorry if sum of this was little off track.

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Callie Von Friedelsheim

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:11 pm

I have it on good authority that on average, the highest/best scoring dogs in the NAVHDA system are Pudelpointers. That's on a breed-based standard.It seems like there are 20 GSPs tested for every PP entered, so the number skew in favor of shorthairs. I'm a shorthair guy, but I'm keeping my options open!

thunderhead

Post by thunderhead » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:17 am

gpblitz wrote:Shooting Starr has never reguired NA testing of there pups I'm told. Sharpshooter does and I believe Thunderhead does.
I know there are a lot of people out there who Require that their dogs be tested. We do Not. I want a person to test their dog because they want to, and not because of stipulations that have been put on them. I am very fortunate to have seen and worked with a number of dogs out of our breeding. Being able to evaluate the qualities and consistencies with in individual litters has helped up produce many litters that have performed very well in various levels of testing and in the wild bird fields.
Last edited by thunderhead on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Take the field by storm. http://www.thunderheadgsps.com