Brittany Bloodlines?

Onk

Brittany Bloodlines?

Post by Onk » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:55 pm

As several of you know I am getting my first Brittany in late Feb. and I am trying to learn as much as I can about the breed. What are some of the well known Brittany bloodlines that stand out on a pedigree? thanks as always!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

Wildweeds

Re: Brittany Bloodlines?

Post by Wildweeds » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:06 pm

So what your saying here is that you ordered the pup BEFORE you did the research? I'm not to hip on the britt thing but know some general things, like Nolans last bullet is a big hit within the NSTRA clan.Tequilas dogs are AKC horsieback dogs,Same for brits with prefix of Shady's and Jalo ,An AF big wheel that I used to see in the field quite often was Maxwells blew by you.An aquaintance of mine is big into them,I'm baby sitting his dog right now,I took her with me to S Dakota and killed some birds over her.Her maternal line was nothing notable out of nothing notable for 5 generations,her Sire was a JALO'S dog either scamper or big wheels can't remember which.

a list of dead dogs that made an impact,Pacolet cheyanne Sam,Rimardas Trademark,Microdot and Ban Dee.

Onk wrote:As several of you know I am getting my first Brittany in late Feb. and I am trying to learn as much as I can about the breed. What are some of the well known Brittany bloodlines that stand out on a pedigree? thanks as always!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:20 pm

You are getting a french brittany right? AS their lines and the American Lines are very different up front though when you get back far enough the will start to have more common ancestries.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:43 pm

K9 he is getting a Brittany not a French dog. There are several notable "lines" tequilas joker and shambos dark shadow are the big 2 dogs of the common era. Ask 100 people you'll get 100 different answers. I know what I like and go to it cause its good. Rimardas trademark was another good producer
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

Brittanys are Best enough said...

BBD's Ca-Ching
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1061

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=678

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=869

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:26 pm

Ah Ok ...I know there are a few people on Marks Litter...Which Vern is a very nice dog, I wouldn't mind him at all Vern is a very nice snappy little dog.

As for the American Lines There are a lot of Nice lines out there most currently noted ones are Nolans Last Bullet aka Buddy, Scipio Spinks, Microdot, Beans Blaze, Lobos Breedings which there are a few different lines they mostly venture back to the beans and scipio stuff, Tequila Joker , Franklin County Bandit., Renegade Kansas Kid, Ban Dee, Hi Proof Rum Runner, Pacolet Cheyenne Sam, Bazzoka Lines also have a foundation in many lines, The Whiz kid,
Those are just a handful of lines of the many that are out there,
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:11 pm

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs wrote: Rimardas trademark was another good producer
I have a female out of the Rimardas line really like it the one thing I've noticed is there a little more hard headed and can take more training pressure.

One thing you can do is go to the ABC website and look at all the chaps from past years and also Ezzy would be a good resource for the older lines of dogs since he was around when most of them were competing hahaha just kidding Ezzy :mrgreen:

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:16 pm

Some more they haven't listed yet include: Gambler's Ace In The Hole, Masked Shoshoni War Chief, Aux-Arc's Mark, Perry's Rustic Prince, Gun Runner's Far Out, Gringo De Britt. There have been alot of good huntin' dogs that have come from all of the dogs listed in these posts. Good luck finding your pup.

Onk

Post by Onk » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:29 pm

No went with the American and I checked the Bitch and Sire before buying and saw alot of common names in the pedigrees of several dogs I checked. The sire is a Tequila dog.

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:37 pm

kninebirddog wrote:Ah Ok ...I know there are a few people on Marks Litter...Which Vern is a very nice dog, I wouldn't mind him at all Vern is a very nice snappy little dog.

As for the American Lines There are a lot of Nice lines out there most currently noted ones are Nolans Last Bullet aka Buddy, Scipio Spinks, Microdot, Beans Blaze, Lobos Breedings which there are a few different lines they mostly venture back to the beans and scipio stuff, Tequila Joker , Franklin County Bandit., Renegade Kansas Kid, Ban Dee, Hi Proof Rum Runner, Pacolet Cheyenne Sam, Bazzoka Lines also have a foundation in many lines, The Whiz kid,
Those are just a handful of lines of the many that are out there,
I think you will find this list includes a lot of great dogs over the last 40 years but some of them are too far back to count today and some just haven't produced a line that is notable do to the way they have been used. Today you will find a lot of DC Tequila Joker especially in the southwest and the DC Bandee-Beans Blaze line has been one of if not the top production line in recent years to the extent it is almost impossible to find dogs with out them in it. Microdot has been a producer of some good trial dogs and could be considered a line possibly, Pacolet, Scipio, and Bazooka were lines that were top producers 40 years ago but today have basically been absorbed. DC Renegade Kansas Kid is a great dog that has been used quite a bit but hasn't really produced a line . Another dog that I think should be included as a good producer is DC Gambler's Ace in the Hole. He is a little more recent and still has DC, FC, And show Champions out there winning in every venue. And of course, 32X NSTRA Champion Nolan's Last Bullet is the record holder of the NSTRA world and also a great producer of dogs that are winning in NSTRA and many many dogs that are just getting it done in the field for the common hunter.

There are other dogs that are good dogs that aren't necessarily mentioned here that have won a lot of trials and are now just starting to produce some pups that down the road may develop into some good lines but it does take time and breeding know how to produce a line and then in a decade or two many of those lines get diluted out as more and more out crossing is brought in.

You just can't sit down and list all of the good dogs or the lines they have produced without writing a book.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:19 pm

Diamond Hill Dan, Bourbon XIII Ru-Jems Touch of Bourbon, San Dee's Blazin Shane, Blueridge Major Adventure, Poki Dot, Leahs Running Jayhawk . Also been seeing some Just Call me Roy pups hitting the trials lately

Like Ezzy said you would about need to write a book of those dogs which are names in the Brittany world

Onk

Post by Onk » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:52 am

Thanks for all the great info! Robbie pm'd me lastnight and let me know the pups were here!!!! I'm wanting a dog that will be a hunter and after pm'ing and talking on the phone to Robbie, a.k.a Brushbustin Sporting Dogs, I felt very good about the pup I will be getting! The reason I wanted the bloodline names then and now is because I have always been a EP guy and know alot of the big names with those dogs. I have ordered some books I found on ebay about the Brittany breed and as I read these books I like knowing who the "Big Dogs" are and were! The info I have got from this forum is priceless and I am enjoying my journey back into the gundog world after being dogless for a couple of years now! The knowledge that ya'll have and share on here is amazing!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:11 am

http://www.camino-books.com/ look under Sporting Breeds
you can order some books here on Brittany Champions

http://clubs.akc.org/brit/

You can also become a member of the American Brittany club and you get quite a bit of info on what dogs are doing what there also

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:51 am

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2639 here you go Bill for what its worth.
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

Brittanys are Best enough said...

BBD's Ca-Ching
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1061

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=678

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=869

Brittguy

Post by Brittguy » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:35 am

pretty familiar with top half. I use to have litter mates of Prairie Tornado and also Jim de Bobs Super Star.

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:51 am

If you want to see some of the best pedigrees, take a look at those listed in the signature lines of this thread, you will find many of the names of quality dogs. I look for the following when checking out puppies: Micro Dot, Gambler's Ace in the hole, Masked Shoshoni War Chief, Beans Blaze, Renegade Kansas Kid etc. I also check out those breeders that I know and trust: Doug Sieckmeyer, Dave Walker, Helen Riggle etc. You can't go wrong doing your research.
But, if you already have your breeder picked out, trust your puppy and let it do the rest. As has been said on this forum many times, "Pedigree does not guarrantee a good dog, is just makes the search easier." My female, Tania, came from a hunting background, only two dogs in three generations with titles, and she gets it done every time.

Good luck with the pup.

Doodle

Post by Doodle » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:49 pm

I have been lucky enough to become friends with an up front and intelligent brittany breeder. There was a long time that I thought I would never get my next dog. First dog from great welll known lines. Great dog. Second dog also from great well known lines. Plenty of drive & nose blended with more biddability than the first. I am looking forwarded to see how the dog will finish (I believe the dog has the goods) but I will have some impact on that. The good news is that the breeder will (when asked) offer suggestions, support, and encouragement. When I am ready for my next pup I will make a phone call & wait.