Tracking down a pup's lineage

sigav8r

Tracking down a pup's lineage

Post by sigav8r » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:50 pm

I'm getting a GSP as kind of a rescue. I was wondering how I could track down her AKC info as she's apparently been registered, but the owner lost the paperwork. Does anyone know how I might go about this? Thanks in advance for your help.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Tracking down a pup's lineage

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Ask the owner to call AKC and order a duplicate registration
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

sully511

Post by sully511 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:19 pm

Yep, have them call AKC. I think it costs $20, but at least you will have the info. Then you will need to transfer ownership which costs another $20 (again I think).

sigav8r

Post by sigav8r » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Thanks for the info. My dog was rescued by a guy who has beagles and a few other pointers. He knows the owner so I will check and see about getting the paperwork. Can I look it up and transfer with just his name, address, etc or does he have to "sign it over" per se?

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:31 pm

The owner has to get it and then sign it over
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

sigav8r

Post by sigav8r » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:51 am

Thanks K9BD! I appreciate the info.