Doc Favor

kbshorthairs

Doc Favor

Post by kbshorthairs » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:06 am

I just wanted to post a big thanks to Mr. Favor. The pictures and humor tinted tidbits of wisdom that he posts are some of the biggest highlights of this forum. I don't know about living out there, but I sure would like to hunt the country he roams. :D :D :D

cody

Re: Doc Favor

Post by cody » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:11 am

I couldn't agree more.

but
but I sure would like to hunt the country he roams.

right now, you better bring a snow shovel.

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:25 pm

:lol: :lol: I've been fortunate to travel around a bit, hunting different places with different folks and different dogs - lots 'o ways to skin the cat so to speak. I really appreciate and enjoy the "Sunday afternoon" birddog that you just turn loose, relax, don't say a word, hunts all the right spots at the right pace, produces birds for the gun...and also get a thrill out of the dogs whose pure drive and athleticism puts 'em in spots you just can't believe how they got there, finds birds you'd have never ever found without 'em then stands 'em with eye popping intensity for ridiculous periods of time till you catch up and find 'em, makes you work as a handler to get 'em from point A to point B. I never, ever head on a trip with the sole intent of filling my game bag, more often than not I carry a camera instead of a gun, but on the occasional day where everythings going good, I'm shooting and I bag a few, I'll start thinking "limit man!" and give 'er a go, stay out a bit longer, hit an extra spot, maybe go after the same covey twice if they flew the right direction - it's kinda what hunters do after all...usually I don't get there though and wonder why I bothered cause it was fun either way! :lol: :lol:

kbshorthairs

Post by kbshorthairs » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:06 pm

:D

see what I mean?

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:17 pm

kbshorthairs wrote:I just wanted to post a big thanks to Mr. Favor. The pictures and humor tinted tidbits of wisdom that he posts are some of the biggest highlights of this forum. I don't know about living out there, but I sure would like to hunt the country he roams. :D :D :D

Absolutely agree 100%, good humor, great posts, awesome pictures!