Grant!

crittercontrol

Grant!

Post by crittercontrol » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:07 pm

Dude, could you give me a ringy-ding (phone call)

Caleb

801-635-9144
saltlakecity@crittercontrol.com

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Re: Grant!

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Grant isn't around anymore. I've forwarded your message to him, though.

Greg J.

TAK

Post by TAK » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:Grant isn't around anymore. I've forwarded your message to him, though.

Greg J.
?????

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:34 pm

yeah ?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:39 pm

I think it is a big secret or something.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:22 pm

It's not a secret. Grant started a new job, remarried and has a kid on the way. He didn't have time to keep the forum goi g. So, he sold it to the folks that own Gundog Supply. They are very hands off. I'm handling Grant's role other than owning it and the server stuff. Not a big surprise since I've been doing it for a long time.

Greg J

crittercontrol

Post by crittercontrol » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:27 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:Grant isn't around anymore. I've forwarded your message to him, though.

Greg J.
That'd be nice thanks!

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Caleb, he had the message Before 4pm, Fri.

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:25 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:It's not a secret. Grant started a new job, remarried and has a kid on the way. He didn't have time to keep the forum goi g. So, he sold it to the folks that own Gundog Supply. They are very hands off. I'm handling Grant's role other than owning it and the server stuff. Not a big surprise since I've been doing it for a long time.

Greg J
Greg, with all due respect, it IS a surprise.

We all know how much time, effort & $$ Grant put into the Board and very much appreciated it. We also know how much work you & the other Global Mods do around here. However, the membership was owed some sort of notification about the change in ownership/hierarchy when it happened, instead of just finding out by chance. Transparency is key to any relationship & this is no exception.

Pax,
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:03 am

Well, I really did not know either, except from a gossip....I was wondering what happened to sponsors at the top...
brenda

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:54 am

SubMariner wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:It's not a secret. Grant started a new job, remarried and has a kid on the way. He didn't have time to keep the forum goi g. So, he sold it to the folks that own Gundog Supply. They are very hands off. I'm handling Grant's role other than owning it and the server stuff. Not a big surprise since I've been doing it for a long time.

Greg J
We all know how much time, effort & $$ Grant put into the Board and very much appreciated it. We also know how much work you & the other Global Mods do around here. However, the membership was owed some sort of notification about the change in ownership/hierarchy when it happened, instead of just finding out by chance. Transparency is key to any relationship & this is no exception.
Pax,
Ditto...plus those of us who paid yearly to have "memberships"/sites hosted and the photo album. Some sort of notification, direction to access photos, etc. would have gone a LONG way! What would have happened if Caleb never was looking for Grant, how would we have EVER found out? What is the deal with the photo album and where did IT go?

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:34 am

SubMariner wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:It's not a secret.
See above. Read what I said. I said "not a secret".

I'm sorry your feelings are hurt.

My suggestion is to take it up with the new owners. It's Grant's and their place to make such announcements. It is absolutely not my place.

Greg J.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:56 am

Huh... Interesting. At least I know now why my PM to Grant was never answered about obtaining a premier membership.
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:14 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
SubMariner wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:It's not a secret.
See above. Read what I said. I said "not a secret".

I'm sorry your feelings are hurt.

My suggestion is to take it up with the new owners. It's Grant's and their place to make such announcements. It is absolutely not my place.

Greg J.

Im sorry Greg, but if Grant is gone and you raised your hand to help, I would say it is your place to answer these questions. Man, if I were a paying customer, id be ticked. Wow.

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:35 am

shadymeadows wrote:Let's not be too hard on Greg. I'm sure it's a hard enough job as it is and we don't want him to get frustratred with it. Many people in the bird dog world are hard enough to deal with as it is.
+1

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:39 am

I have continued doing what I've been doing for the past, gosh, almost 10 years. Moderating and those admin tasks available through the PHPBB admin control panel. Nothing more, nothing less.

Let me be crystal clear: I do not have and have never had anything to do with the financial running of GDF, nor will I ever.

So, I have not "held up my hand". The new owners are the only place anyone is going to get a remedy on matters financial. I'm not trying to be ugly. I am trying to help people with what I think is a legitimate gripe (the folks that paid for ad space and similar), get to the people that can address it for them.

I've looked all over the site, and I do not see a link anywhere that lists contact information for the new owners. PM me and I'll try to get it for you.

Greg J.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:48 am

Greg, can you give us the best "avenue" for contacting the new administrators? I hope they are as responsive as Grant used to be (and you are) or this may be a never ending 'chase your tail'.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:52 am

I had already emailed asking for the info. Will provide it as soon as I do. Might be slower than usual...I'm in bed with the flu.

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:55 am

Feel better buddy!!!

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:58 am

Greg Jennings wrote:...I'm in bed with the flu.
OUCH...np, thanks.

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:40 pm

get better! puppy kisses can speed recovery... but puppy potty breaks less so :wink:

I do also have my website through here and would like to know the future of it, so I shall await new info. Thanks for moderating (to all the moderators!) and keeping things decent, clean, and mostly polite - it's one the reasons I love this site!

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:30 pm

I was notified several times over a few months that the banners would be going away. I talked to other advertisers and they had been notified as well. Not sure why any paying advertiser would be surprised, we were given plenty of notice. :?:

admin

Post by admin » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Howdy. My name is Rob Snell. My brother, Steve & I own Gun Dog Supply. We also started a new company to host the forum called Dog Training Digital LLC.

We'll have an official announcement pretty soon, but I wanted to drop in, say hello, and say we're in the FINAL stages of the transaction. It's taken a bit longer than we anticipated, but we're ALMOST done.

When Grant approached us about buying the forum, we jumped at the opportunity. GDF is a great resource for the gun dog community, and we're excited to be able to support such a place.

We're still transitioning to the new servers, but wanted to wait until everything was in place before we announced anything officially.

Steve & I really like what you guys are doing here in the forum, appreciate all the hard work the mods put it, and don't plan any major changes.

After the transaction is finalized, we'll be looking for feedback, so please be thinking about what you like, what you don't like, and what you might want to add to GDF.

I'm not sure what happened on the albums. Sorry about that. I'll ping Grant about it, and as soon as I know I'll follow up. Anyone who paid for something that got dropped in the transition will get what they paid for to their satisfaction, or I'll refund your money.

In the future, we plan for everything at GDF to be free. No paid anything. And minimal ads from our main sponsor.

My personal email address is robsnell at gmail dot com. Feel free to drop me a line. Steve's office line at GDS is 1-800-624-6378. Feel free to call him.

Looking forward to some great things with Gun Dog Forum...
-- ROB SNELL,
DOG TRAINING DIGITAL LLC

admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:25 am

Found this using the Google:
http://gundogwiki.com/album/v/PntrRookie/

Is this the current album?

It's a mirror domain of the forum still pointing at the old server. We'll get these moved over as soon as possible.

If you have an album, you can get to it with a URL like this:
http://gundogwiki.com/album/v/yourusernamehere/

Rob Snell
DTD LLC
-- ROB SNELL,
DOG TRAINING DIGITAL LLC

admin

Post by admin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:22 am

Advertisers were paying monthly and were notified before banners were removed. To my knowledge no one was charged for any advertising that wasn't delivered.

Rob Snell
DTD LLC
-- ROB SNELL,
DOG TRAINING DIGITAL LLC

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:29 am

admin wrote:Found this using the Google:
http://gundogwiki.com/album/v/PntrRookie/

Is this the current album?

It's a mirror domain of the forum still pointing at the old server. We'll get these moved over as soon as possible.

If you have an album, you can get to it with a URL like this:
http://gundogwiki.com/album/v/yourusernamehere/

Rob Snell
DTD LLC
THANKS Rob and thx for the PM...keep us posted.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:55 am

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay. Its not intentional, as Greg said, I've been busy at home with a new job, selling the house, and prepairing for the new baby in a few months. As Rob said, we're still in the process of porting features over. I'll do my best to move it along quickly.

To clear up any confusion, below is the email that was sent to every sponsor running an ad:
Dear Gun Dog Forum Customer,

I want to thank you for supporting Gun Dog Forum with your banner ad. Very soon, changes will be made in our advertising programs. As a result, I'll be discontinuing the banner ads. In an effort to maintain excellent communication, you should expect the following:

• I'll stop the reoccurring billing immediately
• If you've been billed recently, I'll refund your last months fee, to make sure you got your money's worth.

Please know, that I will refund your money for the last month's advertising fee if you haven't had 30 days since you were last billed.

If you have any comments or concerns, please notify me via email promptly.

Again, thanks for your support!

Grant
I believe I was as transparent as I could be.

Grant

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:26 am

Yawallac wrote:I was notified several times over a few months that the banners would be going away. I talked to other advertisers and they had been notified as well. Not sure why any paying advertiser would be surprised, we were given plenty of notice. :?:

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:26 am

crittercontrol wrote:Dude, could you give me a ringy-ding (phone call)

Caleb

801-635-9144
saltlakecity@crittercontrol.com
Caleb,

I've sent you an email to the email above...

Grant

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:27 am

...and that is why people should avoid jumping to conclusions...