December 4th-5th NSTRA - Gulf Coast Region Trial

proudag08

December 4th-5th NSTRA - Gulf Coast Region Trial

Post by proudag08 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:46 pm

Ladies and Gents,

I was wondering if there is anyone on this forum that is going to the event mentioned above. I talked with my wife yesterday and we will be attending on the 5th as we have a wedding in College Station on the 4th. If you are going to be there, please let me know so I can meet you when I get there on Sunday. I am really excited about coming! This will be my first event to go to so I will no doubt need somebody to tell me what is going on!

Thanks guys! All those foot rubs paid off... :wink:

proudag08

Re: December 4th-5th NSTRA - Gulf Coast Region Trial

Post by proudag08 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:07 am

The trial is this weekend!!! To say I am excited would be an understatement. I am still wondering if any one from this forum is going to be there? If you are going to be there, please let me know. You can PM me or just reply to this post, I just want to put some faces to names and get my feet wet. Thanks! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

PS Is there a specific "field trial etiquette" that I need to abide by? Any unspoken rules a newbie like me would unknowingly break? Like, dont pet the dogs, or dont talk to the handler etc... just dont want to feel any more awkward than I need to.

mrcreole

Post by mrcreole » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:56 am

I will not be able to make it. Introduce your self to these people and they will be happy to show you along the way. There will be a petite young lady named Maggie Parsley, she will be there with Brittanys. Also Doug Neyer, he has gsp's. Both of these people are wonderful and will answer any questions you have. I will be at the trial the next weekend in Mellville, LA if you decide to attend.....Mike

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:27 pm

I've talked to Doug over the phone. Im sure my wife will like to meet some ladies in the sport as well. Heck, I want her to meet them... they can talk it up big time from a woman's perspective :D

Thanks for the info Mike. Any unspoken rules I need to know?

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:40 pm

-- I wouldn't approach someone's dog without them there.
-- When the handler's and their dog are in the shelter before their brace, don't approach them.

TAK

Post by TAK » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:28 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:-- I wouldn't approach someone's dog without them there.
-- When the handler's and their dog are in the shelter before their brace, don't approach them.

Ahh your to uptight! That is the best time to go over and say hello!

I do however agree not to try to pet the dog! And for sure.... If a dog looks thirsty, or hungry... DON'T FEED IT! OR WATER!

Enjoy man! They are Bird dog people!

I also second the Maggie vote... She is a top shelf lady!