New Dog Intro (plus a comic)

EddieF

New Dog Intro (plus a comic)

Post by EddieF » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi there. I haven't been around in a while, but wanted to drop by and introduce Finn to the board. Finn is my second Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla and my first male dog. He's about 2 yrs and 8 months old and is a real sweetheart. I couldn't be happier about how well he's fitting in with our crew (Winnie, plus my wife's Jack Russell). He's never been around birds so I don't know if he has any interest or aptitude but I plan on evaluating that soon.

Speaking of the crew, I made a little comic about them: http://hwvwinnie.blogspot.com/2010/10/a ... iends.html

Here are some pics of Finn and Winnie. His coat is more correct for the breed.

fishvik

Re: New Dog Intro (plus a comic)

Post by fishvik » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Eddie, Those are beautiful dogs. The comic was good too. With that color those dogs have a natural camo. Do you waterfowl hunt with either of them and how hard are they to see in grasslands or fall forest colors?

EddieF

Post by EddieF » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:02 pm

I haven't done any waterfowl hunting, and Finn has never hunted anything. Winnie can be hard to see in some environments but she wears a cowbell.

We do live right on a river that has a lot of geese, I think I should capitalize on that at some point. Finn LOVES the water and they are both seemingly impervious to cold and inclement weather, so that's a good start!

tro182

Post by tro182 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:33 pm

Love to see those dogs. Cant wait to get my WHV at the first of the year.

EddieF

Post by EddieF » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:01 pm

tro182 wrote:Love to see those dogs. Cant wait to get my WHV at the first of the year.
Awesome, congrats! Where is yours coming from?? 8)

tro182

Post by tro182 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:09 pm

Konza Vadasz. We looked into a few different breeds but chose the WHV because of the great temprament and a good breeder who is close to us. Whelp date looks to be around the 18th of next month.

EddieF

Post by EddieF » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:42 pm

tro182 wrote:Konza Vadasz. We looked into a few different breeds but chose the WHV because of the great temprament and a good breeder who is close to us. Whelp date looks to be around the 18th of next month.
Good luck. I can vouch for the wonderful temperament, and now even more so since I have a male and a female!

tro182

Post by tro182 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:21 am

Eddie, do you know why the WHV has two breed clubs? I was told that one club focuses more on UKC and the other ACK. Do you belong to one of these clubs? I asked Deb...the breeder but she was kind of vague because she is the president of the WHVCA. She did not say anything negative about the other club just that they have a different focus. Just wondering your thought.

EddieF

Post by EddieF » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:09 am

tro182 wrote:Eddie, do you know why the WHV has two breed clubs? I was told that one club focuses more on UKC and the other ACK. Do you belong to one of these clubs? I asked Deb...the breeder but she was kind of vague because she is the president of the WHVCA. She did not say anything negative about the other club just that they have a different focus. Just wondering your thought.
I belong to the other club, which is more UKC-centric. I really like the UKC. I edit and design our club's newsletter, which I'd be happy to send you a PDF of if you give me your email address. I've met some wonderful people and true lifelong friends there.