3 Grey Beauties- Dumped

Maverick57

3 Grey Beauties- Dumped

Post by Maverick57 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:07 pm

People continue to show me how un feeling they are ! Got a call from a local Shelter that 3 Weim Pups were dumped in the night drop pens. So I go down there today ,I Vol & Foster for Mile High Weim Rescue. And The 3 are beautiful, 2 males 1 female and you all guessed not fixed about 7mos old, in good shape not wild or jumping up on you. So I get them out 1 by 1
these kids ahve never seen a leash or a crate either so it took longer than normal , get them home have a baby swim pool in the large pen where I have then for now and they just begin to play in the water good I go to work come home refill pool & top off water bucket, and feed it took them some time but we got through it. they are kinda shy but I just sat on a 5gal plastic bucket and talked to them Oh ya they are Danny- Bing - Rosie Will try and get some pics soon. spent about 30mins with them gave each a treat and then left them along for the night, will do the same thing in the am tomorrow. Monday Morn starts leash training 101. will try a little treats to get them to walk for me.

Poor kids ,safe home then thrown in a cage and left 4 days later on a leash in a crate in the back of a truck a truck ride, now in a new home, Hey But at least we have a pool to play in and play in it the do.

People who are that irrsponceable about their dogs should be stuffed in a crate. Ok am off my soap box
Maverick 57

If you are not the lead Dog, The view never changes !

Good Girls Seldom Make History !

jimbo&rooster

Re: 3 Grey Beauties- Dumped

Post by jimbo&rooster » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:48 am

Good for you. At least they were good enough to drop them at a shelter and not in a road ditch....
JIm
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:47 am

Sounds like they dropped them where they were supposed to, hard to say what the circumstance was that led to someone leaving
3 nice dogs, and they were lucky enough to find their way into your hands. I wouldn't call the people bad cause we don't know the
circumstances. They didn't Shoot and shovel so where's the harm.....sounds like they may have taken the higher road and its benefited
some dogs that may have otherwise been in a bad situation. Don't be so quick to hang someone.
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:11 am

way to go- you've been wanting one for some time

Tall Boy

Post by Tall Boy » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Atleast they dropped them off at a shelter. I was driving home on I-10 into FL a couple of weeks ago and had to stop and rescue a kitten sitting in the right hand lane, looking like its back legs had been run over. She ended up being okay, and is now at the Vet's waiting to be adopted! How can someon throw a kitten out of the window, let alone drive past one struggling in the road!!

Maverick57

Post by Maverick57 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:43 pm

Shadow,

Yes I have been waiting for a hunting Weim What any of these Kids will do I do not know,but leash work- House &Crate Breaking are top of my list, little play and letting them see the wing on a string, time . I am Fostering them for the time being.

But 3 Weims Hey I will have fun with them while they are here.

And as far as the owners -We believe this same owner took a litter to Albuq. to sell they all broke with parvo, HE took them to the clostest Vet wanted them all put down, the clinic saved 3 they are now in the Loving care of Weim Rescue then a week or so later these 3 show up ant the shelter. If someone decides to give their dog or dogs up. the let some one know age-any vet work re shots etc- Age what you call the dog, be honest. we all fall on hard times. But to give this info helps us help the dogs.
Maverick 57

If you are not the lead Dog, The view never changes !

Good Girls Seldom Make History !