perfection kennels

Jester

perfection kennels

Post by Jester » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:19 pm

So after talking to some trainers around my area (Kansas city, perfection is just north of here)and on here none have heard of let alone been around a dog from this group. With every one here pimping their DVDs (i have them) has any one sent a dog to them? I have called and left a few messages on both numbers listed on their web site with no return calls. Their web site hasn't been updated in what looks to be over year. I like their methods and was hoping to talk to them about sending a dog their way and then doing their on site seminar to have my self trained to better handle the dog their way. But at twice the cost for the training and then $600.00 for the seminar is it worth barking up that tree? I don't have an issue with spending the extra money if the results will show up in the end. But at the same time I don't want to be pissing money in to the wind.

Thanks for any input
Jason

Coveyrise64

Re: perfection kennels

Post by Coveyrise64 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:19 pm

I know two people who have taken dogs to Perfection. One person who sent two gsp's to them and then handled both to MH titles, the other person sent a nice FT prospect to them and since has earned his FC title. Based on what I've seen I'd say they do pretty good job. They stay pretty busy so keep trying to contact them if you are interested.

Coveyrise64
VC TJ's Highfalutin Hawkeye MH, UTI R.I.P. 4/29/05-12/18/18

Thunderhead's All Jacked Up R.I.P. "My Buddy" 9/9/09-1/27/14

VC TJ's Miss Filson MH, UTI R.I.P. 5/13/03-10/15/14

"I'd rather train for perfection than fix the problems of mediocrity" ~ Me

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:52 pm

I've seen quite a few dogs that John has trained. Both at HT's and FT's. Very nice. They do a good job, and really like their animals.

Doug

bossman

Post by bossman » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:09 pm

I returned late Sat night from a 22 hour round trip to Perfection Kennels. Had two friends with me. Dropped off a total of 5 GSP's. Had a 5 month old up there last Nov. At 6 months of age I was shooting quail and pheasants over the pup. Check with the people of the Heart of America GSP Club. Jon was conducting a two day seminar for them last weekend. He has trained many of their dog's that they have gone on to handle to FC's and AFC's as wll as compete in hunt test's. Jon and Cindy are not only good..but honest as well. If you would like more information, feel free to pm me.....

1vizsla

Post by 1vizsla » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:26 am

I have also been trying to get a hold of them with no luck. They came to our last hunt test and did real well and seemed very nice. They have trained a few of our club members dogs to the MH and AFC titles. If anyone gets a hold of them let me know how they did it.

Carla

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:12 am

Jester,
I dont have any experience with there training or dogs they have trained......just another option for you would be give Justin a call at Salt River kennels in MO, he's a good trainer and does well with many breeds....GSP's, Vislas, Pointers, Labs etc...tell him Chip sent ya....

http://www.saltriverkennels.com/home.html

stlgsp

Post by stlgsp » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:35 am

I've seen quite a few dogs they've trained and they do a nice job. I talked to them at a trial this spring he mentioned they were doing more handling at FTs & HTs and that may cut into the number of dogs they take in for training but to give them a call after the season ended. Tried to contact them a couple of times and haven't been able to get a hold of them.

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:13 pm

Well I did get a call from John this evening looks like I need to decide what my plans are with her. He also said they were out of town last week and busy over the weekend. He stated they would be getting back to calls over the next week or so and that if you haven’t heard from him by mid/late next week to give him another call.

Lvrgsp , I will give them a call and see what they have to say. I must say my biggest thing is the way john woa breaks and haven’t found any one that does it with such little pressure.

A little back ground on the pup she is a 9 month old vizsla has been hunting since she was 6 weeks old, started pointing wild pheasants at 9 weeks. She is retrieving pigeons to within 3-4 feet before dropping them to go back to hunting. I want to send her off in Sep/Oct putting her just over a year. Any more input would be great.

Thanks for every ones input
Jason

bossman

Post by bossman » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:05 am

Jason..Check you pm's

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:41 am

Yea give Justin a call, he's a good guy and a good trainer, very patient, especially good with Vizsla's.....
Just thought that would give you another option....
He works nights and trains all day so leave him a message if you can't get ahold of him right away......

Chip

Jester

Post by Jester » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:17 pm

after much thought she will be going to perfection for training late summer

sjkennels

Post by sjkennels » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:20 pm

I talked to jon a month or so ago I just called the number that was on is website but when I talked to him he said he only had a couple spots open before he was full for the year
kick'em up knock'em down