Jumper Jim

BrettBryan

Jumper Jim

Post by BrettBryan » Thu May 13, 2010 7:14 pm

I wanted to ask this in the Bill's Hustler thread, but did not want to hijack the thread.

Duane or others,

My grandad had a really good friend named Jim Tune. He moved out to OK to run a cattle ranch years ago. He had a kennel full of EP's as well out there. I believe he guided some hunts out there on the ranch's he looked over.
He had a dog named Jumper Jim that my grandad really liked. He ran in the Nat'l at least once that i know of.

Jumper Jim produced Ch Rebel Wrangler as well as Ch Double Rebel Jack when bred to Swing Along.

Did anyone ever get to see Jumper Jim hunt? I figured Duane or others out in OK might have seen him go a time or two since he was out that way.

Also, did Jumper Jim produce much else when bred to other dogs?

Thanks, i just wanted a little information on an OK bird dog.
Old dogs, children, and watermelon wine

Oscar

Re: Jumper Jim

Post by Oscar » Fri May 14, 2010 7:53 am

Jumper Jim , big, big stud, Jhon Criswell know so much that dog , I was reading him many times , and like ear that dog.

Congratulations.

Oscar CHávez

BrettBryan

Post by BrettBryan » Wed May 19, 2010 9:46 am

Guess, not many folks around got to see him run. The only thing i have to go by is what my grandad said and a couple of pictures of Jumper Jim on the breakaway at Ames. The pictures aren't very good. But, here is one of them. It's the breakaway of the Nat'l Ch in 1980.

Anyone else see him or know much about Jumper Jim?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Wed May 19, 2010 11:42 am

Don't really know much about him at all Brett, other than growing up we had alot of Rebel Wrangler blood in our pointers, and it was awesome...Uncle swore by that Rebel blood. I'm not sure what all else he produced, but RW and DRJ sure produced some nice dogs...

Chip

BrettBryan

Post by BrettBryan » Wed May 19, 2010 12:46 pm

Chip,

My uncle is still likes Rebel blood as well. Most of them are tough, hard nosed bird dogs.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Wed May 19, 2010 5:42 pm

BrettBryan wrote:Chip,

My uncle is still likes Rebel blood as well. Most of them are tough, hard nosed bird dogs.

You got that right my man......there tough birddogs....I know for a fact, because the early training methods of my uncles, they had to be...I think thats why he liked that blood so much...and to be honest looking back now, he was not a good trainer, so those dogs had to have a lot of natural ability and an ease for breaking themselves out,,we'll say it that way.....if ya know what I mean :wink:
He always told me he wished he would have bred to Barshoe Brute....he liked a bigger tougher dog....and from my understanding Brute was a big ole dog...