PROBABLY IN TROUBLE

snips
GDF Junkie

PROBABLY IN TROUBLE

Post by snips » Fri May 07, 2010 6:32 am

BUT I saw this and thought it was unbelievable. Sent to me from Roger Acuff (yes Acuff) in Nashville. We are an hour and 1/2 from there and did not get any of it...That was incredible too... http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-440688?ref=email
brenda

BellaDad

Re: PROBABLY IN TROUBLE

Post by BellaDad » Fri May 07, 2010 6:48 am

Great pictures and a great message to go along with the slideshow. Thanks for sharing.

gsp-fan

Post by gsp-fan » Fri May 07, 2010 7:46 am

Thanks for sharing. I have a great friend who lives in that area. It is the truth. I have passed in on :-)

jlp8cornell

Post by jlp8cornell » Fri May 07, 2010 7:50 am

Thanks for sharing. This is so sad as I guess most do not have flood insurance. Some of the country music singers are there now and hopefully will draw some kind of financial help. Worse then New Orleans but no coverage....

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri May 07, 2010 9:25 am

As most know, I'm originally from Nashville as is my wife. All our families still live there. I recognize where almost all of those pictures were taken. One of them shows people hanging onto a street sign that says "Saundersville". That's where my younger nephew, his wife and three children live.

Nashville is the 38th largest metro area in the nation by population, about 1.5 million people, 6800 square miles. Much of Nashville is in a unique geologic formation called the Central Basin. It's a low area. You can now just think of that is The Central Lake.

I listen to NPR a lot. The coverage of the oil spill has been very extensive. Have heard one short report on the TN flood. I'm pissed and am will not continue my membership.

BTW, Acuff is a friend of my dad's. Heck of good man, heck of a good shooter, too.

Greg J.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Fri May 07, 2010 2:07 pm

I listen to NPR a lot. The coverage of the oil spill has been very extensive. Have heard one short report on the TN flood. I'm pissed and am will not continue my membership.
Greg, I hear you and am also pissed, but oil spills are politically incorrect. I get so sick of it!!!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

tn red

Post by tn red » Fri May 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Its almost back to normal here.It was something to see houses floating down I 24.Greg i know your familiar with Brush Creek Tn it was under water as was most of Walter Hill .

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri May 07, 2010 8:58 pm

I understand the oil spill getting a lot of press. The prediction that I hear is $14 Billion and might get worse.

But, the flood killed more people, it's going to get to several billion $, and there will be plenty that can be done to help soon. But, you just don't hear about that. That's what chips me off.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Sat May 08, 2010 7:28 am

There was also a terrible flood in Iowa not too long ago but you would never know it. No Crime equals no coverage. It's unreal.

Ron
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

rapid fire

Post by rapid fire » Sat May 08, 2010 10:30 am

I haven't even had the tv on in weeks. This is horrible to hear. My prayers will be with those families.

daniel77

Post by daniel77 » Sat May 08, 2010 11:12 am

Those are just a bunch of white middle Americans. Who cares about them? Certainly not the media and our current administration.

It is a "bleep" shame, and my heart and prayers go out to those who have had their lives upended, but they'll pick themselves up and go on as always.
Two cannibals were eating a clown. One looks up at the other and says, "Does this taste funny to you?"

Munster

Post by Munster » Sat May 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Ron R wrote:There was also a terrible flood in Iowa not too long ago but you would never know it. No Crime equals no coverage. It's unreal.

Ron
This is very true! As flood victims we lost our home in the 2008 floods. Got screwed bt FEMA and our county and a year later by our state. Now, 2 years later we are still feeling the affects of it from our Gov.

I cant watch the videos of the TN floods because it awakens a pain in me that I have been workign hard to bury.

I do want all the people involved to know that I understand and have felt thier pain. The pain of losing your dream home , the pain of explaining to your son that most of his treasured items are ruined and that we are homeless for a time. I feel it with them and I still cry with the folks from TN. I will keep them in my heart.
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

asc

Post by asc » Sat May 08, 2010 8:30 pm

Just curious, How did you get screwed by FEMA? IMO, FEMA is for people too shortsighted or too dependant on government handouts to cover their own assets with adequate insurance. Flood insurance is very reasonable and subsidized by the feds. My heart goes out to those in TENN. Been there...
Good whiskey,good dogs, no BS!

daniel77

Post by daniel77 » Sat May 08, 2010 10:09 pm

asc wrote:Just curious, How did you get screwed by FEMA? IMO, FEMA is for people too shortsighted or too dependant on government handouts to cover their own assets with adequate insurance. Flood insurance is very reasonable and subsidized by the feds. My heart goes out to those in TENN. Been there...
I'll just say, that when Katrina and Rita happened here in South La, a WHOLE LOT OF FOLKS found out that what they considered flood damage, and what the insurance companies considered flood damage turned out to be off by several billion dollars. Not saying that FEMA was the culprit, but getting screwed after a disaster is not necessarily due to one's lack of foresight or preparedness...

If you don't believe me, just ask anyone from NOLA who lost their house/property because a levee broke, and not directly from the hurricane. We then got successive years of MASSIVE raises in insurance, if you can even get a policy now, cause a bunch of folks can't.
I remember a very prominently placed "billboard" in FL. It was the roof of an apparently destroyed house proclaiming "State Farm is like a bad neighbor who lies, cheats, and steals."

I'm not standing up and defending those who are still in a FEMA trailer five years later, but there is sometimes a very real need for assistance. And some people want these incompetent morons to now run our healthcare...
Two cannibals were eating a clown. One looks up at the other and says, "Does this taste funny to you?"

madonna

Post by madonna » Sat May 08, 2010 11:48 pm

My heart aches for the poor people of Nashville- but i always cry for joy about these great human beeings, that show how to act in a good way, in a christian way- help the neighbours, no criminality! That is the Amerika i always dream of! Madonna
The woman, who plays with the pups

asc

Post by asc » Sun May 09, 2010 6:14 am

I've been through that with homeowners, being shuffled from company to company and seeing my rates quadruple but my flood insurance has barely changed, maybe a 250.00 increase over the last 20 years. I live on the water, had 4 foot in my house in 93 and a smaller amount in 96. Flood insurance covered my losses. The only handout I recieved was a SBA LOAN for my losses on my business and that's what it was. A loan. Again my question was, How do you get screwed by a government agency thats giving out free money(grants)? I didn't qualify in 93 or 96 because I had flood insurance. I didn't consider myself screwed. My business qualified for an SBA loan because there was no insurance available to cover my gear loss. Is there some who truley need help? Absolutley, but for everyone of them there's 3 with there hands out crying GIMMIE,GIMMIE!

zzweims

Post by zzweims » Sun May 09, 2010 6:30 am

No matter how thoughtful and careful you are, NO ONE can prepare for a disaster of this magnitude. My heart aches for the people of middle Tennessee :(

Aline
http://zzfarms.com
Georgia Quail Hunting--"Our farm, your dog"

Munster

Post by Munster » Sun May 09, 2010 7:29 am

asc wrote:Just curious, How did you get screwed by FEMA? IMO, FEMA is for people too shortsighted or too dependant on government handouts to cover their own assets with adequate insurance. Flood insurance is very reasonable and subsidized by the feds. My heart goes out to those in TENN. Been there...
You totally have me pegged! I would have much rather taken the 10,000 (Hand-out) and the trailor my family had to BUY to live in, then our $130,000 home and land.!! GIMME GIMME GIMME!

I probably would have been more then willing to give you the answer/story about it and our struggle with SBA (who couldnt help us because our county wasnt part of the fedaral flood protection, which if you knew anything, as you claim to ,also means you cant get flood insurance!) if your comment hadnt have been so rude and insensitive. Obviously you have no idea what your are talking about. We sure as heck werent short sighted and we didnt want hand outs! We would have much rather of kept our fricken house and land then take a figgin hand out and live in a trailor!! What a jerk! :x

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Sun May 09, 2010 8:31 am

How do you plan for:
"We're in uncharted territory — this is an event beyond what anybody could even imagine," said Brian Pierce, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Davenport."(2008 Iowa floods)

My heart is with Tennessee right now, the families of the people lost, and the long road TN has ahead of them. :(

asc

Post by asc » Sun May 09, 2010 2:10 pm

I wasn't trying to be rude or insensitive and I wasn't insinuating that you had your hand out yelling gimmie. I just asked how did FEMA screw you? If you lived in a flood zone then flood insurance would have been available, if not why would you expect FEMA to help? I have my opinions about people complaining that our government is screwing them and if that makes me jerk in your eyesor anyone else's, so be it. Art

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon May 10, 2010 6:57 am

On John Rich's website he has a free download song and info on contributions to aid flood vic's. <script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id= ... ript>Watch the latest news video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com/">video.foxnew ... </noscript>
brenda

gsp-fan

Post by gsp-fan » Mon May 10, 2010 9:31 am

Saw him talking on Fox & Friends this am. Song is awesome and easy to donate.

Munster

Post by Munster » Mon May 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Done.Pretty easy! Thanks for the info!