Petition for Nolan's Last Bullet

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Re: Petition for Nolan's Last Bullet

Post by birddog1968 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:25 am

FDSB pedigrees do show HOF dogs , marked with an [*]
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:27 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
Ayres wrote:
slistoe wrote:Indicates to me that there are a lot of people who operate on pure emotion and rational thought is not in their repertoire.
Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you get to insinuate that they "operate on pure emotion and rational thought is not in their repertoire." Keep it clean.
I believe this was a reaction to the fact that a few have ignored the explanation of what it takes to be eligable for the BFTHOF after it was explained.

Ezzy
I don't care what he was reacting to, Ezzy. He called people that disagree with him emotional and irrational. PEOPLE, not their ideas or arguments. You can be involved in a discussion and still keep it clean. And you keep it clean by addressing the issues, not the person arguing the other side. That's how we keep disagreements from becoming inflammatory.
slistoe wrote: :) Just keeping it real. When clearly presented, simple, straightforward, sound logic is ignored what would you describe it as?
What I wouldn't do is call that person emotional and irrational. I would address the counter-arguments because apparently some people don't think that the argument was "clearly presented, simple, straightforward, [and with] sound logic". You're free to present your side in another way, to provide facts and argument. You're free to disagree with another person's argument and point out why you disagree. Carry on.
ezzy333 wrote:How many signatures has it gathered? I never saw a figure published.
Where did you see the figures on the number of signers?
I have no idea about a written petition that was created soon after Buddy passed. But on the electronic petition that Arlette started it has over 50 names. You can view them by going through the link she provided.

And certainly some of those names are people that do not own Brits. To sign the petition, ownership and/or membership was never listed as a requirement.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:08 pm

Steve
And certainly some of those names are people that do not own Brits. To sign the petition, ownership and/or membership was never listed as a requirement.
I am aware that it was sent around with no requirements but it should have had some as you can see. She later explained it a little better but the club members are the ones that vote just like the votes for the GSP club. Maybe if we get enough people to sign it we could get him declared National Champion and have him enshrined at Ames. :?

Have you wondered why there needs to be a petition for Buddy but never heard of one for any other dog? Or why there hasn't been a petition to get John's Spot dog into the NSTRA HOF? Or why this all started with the people who support NSTRA and not the Brittany Trials and their HOF? Buddy deserse better than to used by people trying to make NSTRA and the AKC field trials the same.

I am sorry this has happened as it takes away much of what Buddy did in his life time and instead they make it a political power play. Nolan and Buddy both deserve better. To date I have heard from too many Brittany people who will not vote for Buddy to even get into the Brittany HOF just because of all of the politics when it just wasn't needed. I have seen the same thing happen with the people pushing for people to vote the French Brittany a seperate breed and I see it happening now with the contraversy that is being created over the black GSP's. So many people just have no idea how to present something they are trying to sell and the back lash actually weakens their position rather than help it.

Sure hope that doesn't happen in this case. We need Buddy to get recognition so future generations of Brittany owners can see just what he accomplished.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:20 pm

There are always going to be people for and people against. I don't think a petition like this is going to cause a backlash against Buddy. If anything, it brings the situation out into open discussion so more people will be knowledgeable on the subject. If anyone honestly follows through on a claim that they will now refuse to vote for Buddy to get into the ABC HOF, when they would have voted for him before, simply because of the politics involved in this discussion... it's their loss that they let their judgment be swayed by such an unrelated matter.

As for the requirements to sign the petition, maybe there should be certain requirements. When a petition was circulated two years back to put the issue of the black coat color on the GSPCA ballot, all signatures were required to be from current GSPCA members in good standing. I'm sure that the persons to whom the petition is presented will give the signatures the weight they deserve before any decision is made.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:39 pm

This petition is just to get him in to the nominations.. he needs 100 people to support him to be turned in ..There is already well more then 100 people so far in support of Buddy as there are quite a few hand held petitions going around last I looked at the online there was over 60

and as for the for or against well I have been nicely surprised at how many people have PM'd me or emailed in support of Buddy

And On the American field they do not show any of the Brittany HOF dogs ...I do not think American Field has ever had a Brittany Elected to thier Hall OF Fame where it would show up on a American field FDSB Pedigree.
The only place you will find Hall of Fame Brittanys is through the Brittany web sites and the Brittany Champions Books that come out periodically
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

M1Tanker

Post by M1Tanker » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:54 pm

I signed it.