GSP Puppy and Intro

dwilson

GSP Puppy and Intro

Post by dwilson » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi all,

I haven't been on the board in a very long time but joined back up. My name is Dustin and I live in MN near Minneapolis. We recently added a GSP puppy and have a 5 year old vizsla.

I will be spending this spring/summer getting her ready for the NA test this fall and then some serious hunting this fall/winter. She is 11 weeks old today and her name is Mya. My wife and kids at least didn't pick something like fluffy or precious LOL.

mik

Re: GSP Puppy and Intro

Post by mik » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Nice lookin pup!!

We're scheduled to puppy parents again in the near future as well....A GSP "buddy" for our 12 year old Weimaraner :D Ok, really a hunting partner for me.....

Good luck with your beautiful dog

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Congratulations and Welcome!

rkelly

Post by rkelly » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:52 am

Congrats! What NAVHDA chapter are you a member of?

dwilson

Post by dwilson » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:07 am

I haven't joined one yet but will probably join the Minnesota chapter and the St Croix chapter. I was a member of the Wisconsin River Chapter in the past but let the membership lapse for it and the national membership. Kinda missing it :(

cast_and_blast

Post by cast_and_blast » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:19 am

Congrats - great looking pup!

I'm getting a new GSP pup too (end of June). I'll be looking to join the St. Croix chapter as well, there are some really nice folks that are a part of that group.

Scott

rkelly

Post by rkelly » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:20 am

I am a member of both chapters, maybe I will see you at a training day some time. The minnesota chapter has training at Kelley farms weekly.

dwilson

Post by dwilson » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:58 am

I know a few of the people in the St Croix chapter so that one will definitely be on the list. I have to look into the Kelly farms training. I am not sure I could get there before sundown before summer time. A place to train and such definitely is the hardest part for me but I am thinking about buying a new place that would have enough land to do much of the training. I live in suburbia heck at the moment and hopefully can change that.