Windy Ridge Buck PM – Gearhart
Elhew Hannabell PF – Kinkelaar

Great Plains Boy Buck PM – Gearhart
Coltons Lil Duke PM – Daniels

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Re: IL Open Shooting Dog Championship

Post by PntrRookie » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:32 am

Thx...where is this championship located? Any way to post updates/picts?

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:43 pm

Jim Edgar Panther Creek, west of Springfield, IL....about an hour and a half from me, I was headed over for a couple of days but work constraints say otherwise ...if I hear anything I'll pass it on...

High Brass

Post by High Brass » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:19 pm

Any idea when the first brace will be run?

Thanks
Bob
Hard Scrabble Maggie
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

"[He] hopes to own a dog that has pointing instinct, and bird-finding brains. The dog that will hunt for you, not the dog you have to hunt for. The better type of English Setter....[is] the dual-type: Which means, the kind that are fit to shoot over in the field on game, and the kind that are fit to look at, or have about the home, the balance of the year and be appreciated."

George H. Ryman
Ryman Gundog Kennels

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:33 pm

High Brass wrote:Any idea when the first brace will be run?

Thanks
Bob
Started Today Bob.

High Brass

Post by High Brass » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:25 pm

Sorry should have been clearer what time of day tomorrow for the first brace.
thanks
bob
Hard Scrabble Maggie
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

"[He] hopes to own a dog that has pointing instinct, and bird-finding brains. The dog that will hunt for you, not the dog you have to hunt for. The better type of English Setter....[is] the dual-type: Which means, the kind that are fit to shoot over in the field on game, and the kind that are fit to look at, or have about the home, the balance of the year and be appreciated."

George H. Ryman
Ryman Gundog Kennels

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:09 pm

Don't know for a fact, so take it for what it's worth, but my guess is they will start by 7 or 8 each morning....Hope that helps ya some..

PkerStr8Tail

Post by PkerStr8Tail » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:02 pm

Lawless Liz had the best run of the day. Nothing else notible from day 1.

Pointers_31

Post by Pointers_31 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:59 am

My dogs run in the 10th brace (Les River Runner....not RVS River Runner) and the 14th brace (Les Flower More Sin...not RVS Flower Norsin). :lol: Good luck to all, it sounds like it will be a decent trial.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:18 pm

PkerStr8Tail are you there riding? Heard Doc Holiday had a multiple (5) find hour? Any truth to that?

PkerStr8Tail

Post by PkerStr8Tail » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:08 pm

Pointers_31 wrote:My dogs run in the 10th brace (Les River Runner....not RVS River Runner) and the 14th brace (Les Flower More Sin...not RVS Flower Norsin). :lol: Good luck to all, it sounds like it will be a decent trial.
Sorry, I didn't type up the running order. I just copied the order that was handed out.

PkerStr8Tail

Post by PkerStr8Tail » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:14 pm

PntrRookie wrote:PkerStr8Tail are you there riding? Heard Doc Holiday had a multiple (5) find hour? Any truth to that?
I am not there, but will be there Friday. I am getting this information from people who are riding every brace. Of course what the Judges think may differ from what I am reporting. I am just trying to give some report for those who are interested in some sort of report. Doc Holiday did have 5 finds, but I was told the first find had some issues. (wasn't completely clean) Also was told the punch may not have been there to be in it. What I am being told is after day 2, Lawless Liz still may be on top with either Lock n Load or Touchs Approve in the mix for RU. On a side note one of the Judges got hurt today from a fall and if he can't continue a change in Judge will happen tomorrow.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:42 am

PkerStr8Tail...nice recap, much appreciated, keep us posted if you can. Any update on how the setters ran yesterday. Hope the judge is OK...how does a trial replace a judge...is it "easy" to find someone who has seen the first few days to step in? Tough call, hope he/she is ok.

PkerStr8Tail

Post by PkerStr8Tail » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:21 pm

The Judge continued on, but just for information since you asked, the replacement would be the field marshall since he rode all the braces and saw all the dogs. Won't come into play though since he was able to continue. Interesting development today. The Judges are ordering up dogs saying they have better. They didn't do that the first two days. Several ordered up today. I was told one dog had 3 finds within the first 30 minutes, was perfect on its birds and was ordered up. The thought is they are looking for run and not necessarily just bird finds. Take that for what it's worth just an opinion. Several Champions running the next two days so it should be interesting.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Yea several very good champions running the next few days....interesting to see what they do.....that's not to take away anything from the dogs that have ran...

PkerStr8Tail

Post by PkerStr8Tail » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:04 pm

lvrgsp wrote:Yea several very good champions running the next few days....interesting to see what they do.....that's not to take away anything from the dogs that have ran...
True, Didn't mean it as a cut to those that have run because afterall all Champions had to win their first one. It's not a popular opinion, but IMO human nature, whether consciously thought of or not, says that Judges are influenced by the stars on the circuit. I won't name any dogs, but I think you can look at the running order and know that when certain dogs come to line tomorrow and Friday they don't have to do anything special to get noticed. Those dogs are already known and expected to do well. They still have to get it done to win, but an "unknown dog" will have to wow they first to get to the same starting point to be judged. I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion as to how it is all fair and all dogs are judged equally, so let's not go there. Just wanted to follow up to your comment and assure you that I am not slightly any dogs that have already run. As of right now the Judges have two they like from the dogs that have already run or they wouldn't be picking dogs up that have not made mistakes.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:10 pm

PkerStr8Tail wrote:
lvrgsp wrote:Yea several very good champions running the next few days....interesting to see what they do.....that's not to take away anything from the dogs that have ran...
True, Didn't mean it as a cut to those that have run because afterall all Champions had to win their first one. It's not a popular opinion, but IMO human nature, whether consciously thought of or not, says that Judges are influenced by the stars on the circuit. I won't name any dogs, but I think you can look at the running order and know that when certain dogs come to line tomorrow and Friday they don't have to do anything special to get noticed. Those dogs are already known and expected to do well. They still have to get it done to win, but an "unknown dog" will have to wow they first to get to the same starting point to be judged. I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion as to how it is all fair and all dogs are judged equally, so let's not go there. Just wanted to follow up to your comment and assure you that I am not slightly any dogs that have already run. As of right now the Judges have two they like from the dogs that have already run or they wouldn't be picking dogs up that have not made mistakes.
Yep Absolutely agree....

Birddog3412

Post by Birddog3412 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:16 am

PkerStr8Tail wrote:
Do you know who the two dogs are (want to share) or are you just meaning that is why they are ordering dogs up?

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Post by DGFavor » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:50 am

Wow, internet trialing is really coming into its own these days!! Heckuva lot easier on the body too!! :lol:

Grange

Post by Grange » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:57 am

Any updates?

PkerStr8Tail

Post by PkerStr8Tail » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:38 pm

CH - Lock N' Load
RU CH - Lawless Liz

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:52 pm

PkerStr8Tail wrote:CH - Lock N' Load
RU CH - Lawless Liz
Champion Lock N Load, Chuck Stretz
Runner Up Lawless Liz, Jim Lawless

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:57 am

Lock 'N' Load belongs to longtime field trialer Bob Reynolds of Kansas City, Missouri. Bob has judged, ran dogs and helped put on trials for what seems like forever in the Midwest. I believe this is his first champion. A big congratulations.

PkerStr8Tail

Post by PkerStr8Tail » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:48 pm

Congratulations to Jim Lawless for his RU with Liz. Jim is a true amateur and did all the training on his dog. He is one of the nicest people you will meet. I am glad he got a piece of it.