The answer for those birds who land in trees!!

postoakshorthairs

The answer for those birds who land in trees!!

Post by postoakshorthairs » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:54 pm

Hurry, Hurry!! The latest hybrid...the pointing coonhound...or the treeing bird dog...or just an accident their trying to make a buck on. :lol:

WEIMARANER/TREEING WALKER COONHOUND PUPS
PRICE: PRICED TO SELL $100.00
DESCRIPTION: Beautiful 8 week old Hybrid Hunting Puppies, 3 males, 2 females, tails are bobbed, I own both papered parents, Grey Weimaraner female cross with Tricolor Walker CoonHound male. 2 puppies are black with white star on chest and gray eyes, 3 are black and tan, with white star on chest and light brown eyes, will be large dogs. Will make excellent hunting/tracking dogs! E-mail if you would like pics.

The Treeing Walker Coonhound is an efficient and reliable hunter. The Treeing Walker "trees" its prey, and can then virtually climb the tree to get at it. With a little training, it will merely bay its distinctive howl, telling the hunter that the prey has been cornered.The Treeing Coonhound is good with children and gets along with other dogs. Training is accomplished with little trouble. They are primarily working and hunting dogs but will also make a great companion dog. Working,to the Treeing Walker Coonhound, is not work but a sport and diversion.
The Weimaraner is a good all-around hunting dog and an excellent pointer. Brave, protective and loyal, makes a good guard and watchdog. This hunting dog has a strong prey instinct, are very hardy, with a good sense of smell, and a passionate worker. The Weimaraner can be used for all kinds of hunting

topher40
GDF Junkie

Re: The answer for those birds who land in trees!!

Post by topher40 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:00 pm

I saw that today and had the same thought! :roll: What an idiot! Remember people like this walk among us so beware.......... :twisted:
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:30 pm

Golly gee wiz fellas; sound like you are jealous that you did not get in on the ground floor of this amazing new hybrid. :wink: :lol:
It is amazing how many used car salesman there are out there and more amazing that there are people ready and willing to fall for this guff. :roll:

Probably would be a good bear dog though.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

windswept

Post by windswept » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:54 pm

Wow!
I guess some people just want to have puppies!

kylenicholas02

Post by kylenicholas02 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Yeah I guess with the economy used car salesmen are now selling mis-bred dogs...
KN

zzweims

Post by zzweims » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:12 am

Funny--I was contacted by a guy yesterday who wanted me to help him train his Weimaraner puppy to hunt coons and rabbits. Maybe he saw the weim/walker ad? :roll:

(btw, weims are actually amazing trackers and are used much like hounds in other parts of the world)

Aline
http://zzfarms.com
Georgia Quail Hunting--"Our farm, your dog"

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:07 pm

Why is everyone to quick to criticize this ad. They are being up front and honest with the breeding, not trying to call it a full Walker. For $100 this wouldn't be that bad of coon dog or squirrel dog. I imagine it would be quite serviceable actually. Remember Weims are a versatile dog, this is not out of their territory. Growing up we had a Weim that I shot many Coons for, actually probably more coons then pheasant. Then this last Field Trial Weim I had woke me up one night when he was treeing a pair of coons in the tree next to his kennel. Had quite the pretty bawl actually, I enjoyed it very much. I wouldn't be to quick to hate on this ad, sometimes accidents happen. I wouldn't be surprised if they get all the puppies sold, and majority of the owners are happy.

fase3

Post by fase3 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:00 pm

Have had coon dogs in my family as well as bird dogs-You must be joking!

briarpatch

Post by briarpatch » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:51 pm

At least he isnt claiming to have created a new breed like the WeimWalkerHound or something and getting a thousand bucks a pop from some poor sap looking to get in on the next great new designor breed..I think he did a fine job on his add clearly an oops :oops: breeding..

not a designer dog maker...

an oops is an oops
it happens

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:19 pm

I think he did a fine job on his add clearly an oops breeding..
I don't think him using the term "hybrid" makes his intentions as pure as you do. I know stuff happens and they will probably make fine hunting/family dogs but if it's truely an "oops" don't try to sell the attributes of both dogs and sell them...plenty of people willing to take a free cross puppy. JMO

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:39 pm

postoakshorthairs wrote:
I think he did a fine job on his add clearly an oops breeding..
I don't think him using the term "hybrid" makes his intentions as pure as you do. I know stuff happens and they will probably make fine hunting/family dogs but if it's truely an "oops" don't try to sell the attributes of both dogs and sell them...plenty of people willing to take a free cross puppy. JMO
+1

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

briarpatch

Post by briarpatch » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:47 am

maybe his intentions aint that pure and he wants to move the pups that are probably crapping and peeing all over his house so he spiced up the sale pitch some, but at 100 bucks a piece I wouldnt put him in the I've created a new designer superdog catagory and I at that price would consider them free or practically free if he had the pups to the vet for shots or bothered feeding them at all JMO.. as you said :lol: