Lost GSP Puppy in FL!!!

SubMariner

Lost GSP Puppy in FL!!!

Post by SubMariner » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:35 pm

Hey, everyone!

I am posting this on behalf of a fellow GSP lover who has lost his pup. :(

Here is the message from him:

To all:

The reason for this message is to report my boy missing. I am devastated and very desperate to find Woody!!! I miss him so much!!!!

Woody is a 6 month old male GSP pup that got loose on Saturday October 10, 2009 from the Parrish, FL area (near Bradenton/Palmetto). That was 9 days ago and ever since then I have blanketed the area with signs & flyers. I have ads on craigslist.com, Petfinder.com, PetHarbor.com, and other websites, and 4 local newspapers. Several area vet hospitals have also been contacted with his description and/or photo. I visit the Manatee County animal shelter almost daily and have visited the Sarasota and Hillsborough facilities as well. I also have a report at the Hardee County facility.

He does have an Avid microchip that is registered to me. He is liver & white, patched with some ticking. He has an all liver head and his tail has a distinguished white tip. Since he went missing I have had 3 separate people that 99% positively identified him sighted in the Palmetto area on Tuesday the 13th and Wednesday the 14th… but have had no word since. That area is now saturated with flyers and signs.

Please, if anyone has info on my boy please contact me as soon as possible. I am of course offering a reward for his rescue!!!

Attached are some recent (from about 3 weeks ago) photos of Woody.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Also, if you can think of anyone to forward this information to please, please do!!!

Thank you,

Dan Adams
Mobile: 813-493-9468 Home: 813-643-8183
Djadams4@msn.com
djadams@pbsj.com

Please keep an eye out and pass this along so that our friend can be reunited with his puppy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

snips
GDF Junkie

Re: Lost GSP Puppy in FL!!!

Post by snips » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:07 am

I really hope someone can help here, he is one of our Izzy pups from this summer. Still not too late, keep up the search.
brenda

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:19 am

Brenda,
Is this the first male to leave from that litter? Too bad, hope they find him!

kerplunk105

Post by kerplunk105 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:53 am

Praying that he will be found!
-Elizabeth
Bliss, Labrador
Tegan, Weim/Labrador

djadams

Post by djadams » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Thank you everyone for your concern!!! I am still desparately looking for my boy... I miss him soooo much and just want to bring him home!! He deserves to be happy at home with his family.

I will let everyone know as soon as I get any good news.

Thanks again,

Dan

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Please tell me he couldn''t have gotten to a pond, swamp or bayou somehow??? You DO live in alligator country :( Sure hoping your boy comes home safe and sound.............

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:15 am

Still hoping to keep this thread alive. There is still hope, stranger things have happpened...
brenda

kumate

Post by kumate » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:31 am

Good luck finding your boy, i know i would be devastated if i lost my mine. He is nice looking looks alot like Dante. If you keep it alive and some scumbag has him there is a chance someone would notice him and call you

Jerry

SFK

Post by SFK » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:26 am

You might want to try this-

http://www.findtoto.com/

A friend of mine's parents lost a dog Sunday and it was returned yesterday because of this service. Basically they call people using a computer and give a description of the dog and your number to contact. Works two ways. One, if people have sighted it they can call and give you an idea where the dog is at. Also if they actually have the dog the can return it to you. The dog was returned 5 days later and it did not have any tags on it when they lost it! You pay by how many numbers you want the service to call. I think my friend did the 175 package, which is about 13000 numbers. Like she said, they spent more than that in gas looking for the dog...

SFK

Post by SFK » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:28 am

Oh - forgot to mention. They paid for the service yesterday. Dog was returned 4 hours after the calls went out.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:48 am

Wow, that's an interesting service and I can see how it could be successful.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:13 pm

Just wondering if there was any news.

Editted by Ezzy
brenda

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:50 am

snips wrote:Just wondering if there was any news.
Thanks for helping to keep this thread alive, Brenda. It's probably against Board rules to bump but not to ask a question, but I too hope that bringing this topic back to the front of the queue will help Dan be reunited with Woody.
=SubMariner=

djadams

Post by djadams » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:54 pm

Thanks Brenda!! I'm still actively searching and I will not give up hope... I miss my boy sooooo much!!

Dan

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:35 pm

If you haven't, call Avid and report him missing. They will not be able to "track" him, but it will help. Also put a call into every vetereinary clinic in the area. Within 50 miles at least. Let them know and send pictures. If sombody picks him up and takes him in, and has become attached and wants to keep him, they may not mention that he was a "found" dog, and if that is the case the vet's may not scan him. We had a dane lost with an avid chip that was over a 2 hour drive from where the owner lived. This was only a few days after he was lost. He had been running and the folks that picked him up were traveling and took him on down the road another long ways before getting to an emergency clinic that was open (ours) so don't assume that he has to be close to home. :cry:

I will put the word out everywhere I can think of.

jbogacki76

Post by jbogacki76 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:20 am

I hope you have made some progress on this. i pray for a safe return.

djadams

Post by djadams » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:51 am

Nothing yet... I'm still searching.

Dan

djadams

Post by djadams » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:28 pm

Sorry folks... don't mean to break the rules just to bump this up but I am still looking for my boy!! I just want my dog back and I still pray to the good Lord everyday for his safe return. I am still searching...

Thanks for everyone's concern!!

Dan

SubMariner

Post by SubMariner » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:56 am

djadams wrote:Sorry folks... don't mean to break the rules just to bump this up but I am still looking for my boy!! I just want my dog back and I still pray to the good Lord everyday for his safe return. I am still searching...

Thanks for everyone's concern!!

Dan
Dan, you have all our best wishes that your dog is returned to you safe & sound.
=SubMariner=

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:06 pm

I got my dog back by putting a colored picture in the local newspapers.
A woman called me to say that she thought my dog looked like the one her next door neighbor had.
I went to the address and it was my dog. This guy had seen the ad too but didn't call.
He wouldn't give me the dog. He accused me of pet neglect because the dog had escaped. I had to threaten to call the police as the dog was microchipped before he finally gave me the dog.
There's much more to the story involving money.

This guy was a lawyer. He said "Remember that saying? Finders keepers losers weepers." Nice.

I hope your story has a happen ending too.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

jbogacki76

Post by jbogacki76 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:26 am

Glad to hear you got your dog back.

It sounds like that guy is a real jag!