SPCA exec's dog dies after being left in hot car

Ditch__Parrot

SPCA exec's dog dies after being left in hot car

Post by Ditch__Parrot » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:49 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32569213/ns ... ?gt1=43001

"The board of the SPCA says it still supports Starr, who has been CEO since 1997 and does not plan to resign. It was unclear whether she would be charged."

This could get interesting............poor dog.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: SPCA exec's dog dies after being left in hot car

Post by Sharon » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:45 pm

I'm sure Starr felt terrible over the loss of her dog. It's easy to be thoughtless when it comes to your dog, I know I have.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:06 am

Ya let that happen to some joe schmoe who is not the CEO of the SPCA and see if they are not down on that person like the right hand of God. How do you forget your dog in the car? What a moron. That is like the CEO of a bank financially destryoying his company. Oh ya that happened. Oops. :)

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:17 am

Four Hours, Poor dog. Sounds like they are trying to blame the husbanc.

I was at Walmart in Augusta yesterday in Augusta, ME. It was 90 degrees. I parked near Green Subaru with a collie in it. Window down about 2". I figured the folks would have been making a quick trip in and out. I came out a half hour later. Still no body I slid a couple Ice cubes in the window which the dog ate right up. But panting and drueling head low.

I went back in the store, with the plate number and make found a manager and they told me as she is walking off that they can not do anyhting about the situation. I said all I am asking is for you to call out on the intercom and get them here. She said we can't and walked off. So I called the cops/animal control, The officer showed up and said I should leave now. So I did.

But what the heck is up with Walmart, one of my favorite stores?

I had my dog in my truck, with the AC going his favorite station and the ebrake on with water in the bowl, extra keys in my pocket.

I was in there longer than I wanted to be
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:23 am

while on vacation in DC a couple years ago they had signs in the parking lots of strip malls indicating that the owner of any dogs left unattended in cars will be issued a citiation.

1doogie

Post by 1doogie » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:36 am

Leaving and forgetting about your dog in a hot car is the same as forgetting about your child in a hot car!!!!! IMO If she don't step down she should be terminated!! Not that we can't forgive her,which we can!!! BUT there are consequences for all actions good or bad!! People will use this accident for a tool against the SPCA!!!! How is she supposed to set an example and be a positive role model?!?
I believe the same for Michel Vick!! we can forgive BUT there are consequences that he must face!! IMO convicted felons should not be aloud to participate in professional sports and be role models for our children!! The fact is we ALL mess up and need to face the consequences!! I will pray for her and wish her the best for this situation!!

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:14 am

1doogie wrote:IMO convicted felons should not be aloud to participate in professional sports and be role models for our children!!
convicted felons or not there are very few professional football players that i would consider as role models. everyone makes mistakes, some of the best role models are those who have made bad decisions in the past.

Ditch__Parrot

Post by Ditch__Parrot » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:49 am

I think it just goes to show that a momentary lapse in judgement that ends in tragedy can happen to anybody..

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:21 am

Ruffshooter wrote:I had my dog in my truck, with the AC going his favorite station and the ebrake on with water in the bowl, extra keys in my pocket.

I was in there longer than I wanted to be
Just be careful about this, even. My brother-in-law told me of a K-9 officer who lost his dog because the AC went out in his squad car, when he thought the dog would be ok. It makes a person sick when something like that happens.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:30 am

So when they told you to leave Ruff, did they handle it?
brenda

1vizsla

Post by 1vizsla » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:34 am

Actually the husband put the dog in the car and forgot to tell her he did it. Probably went to sleep and never made a noise till later. They did rush it to two clinics before it finally passed. I think it was just a tragic accident.

Carla

Shadow

Post by Shadow » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:53 pm

some places it's against the law to leave a vehicle running unattended- locked or not

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:37 am

They only told me they would speak to the person and go from there. So I am hoping so. I will check on Monday.

You are right about the ac going out. I generally do not take my dogs with me on the hot days when running errands but I had forgot something for the step Daughters college room.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick