Hows the Pointer puppy market these days?

PowerPoint

Hows the Pointer puppy market these days?

Post by PowerPoint » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Ive got 2 Mowhawk Mill Sportster bitches,One is actually an Erin's prefix female souhtern justice on bottom directly from Derrigs kennel(Erin's Miss Mowhawk)Anyways Im waiting on them to come in,and Im lined up to breed them to Lester's Snowwatch.Gary is intrested in my females,and so much so is buting all the male pups,but anyways I was wondering what Snowwatch puppies are bringing now since he won the NC.I cant seem to find any breedings out there.And Second anybody having prbs gettin rid of pups bred well like these litters will be?I am starting LPN school this fall,and I am not goiing to have much time anymore to hang on to pups,and get them broke-Thanks,Brian

ymepointer

Re: Hows the Pointer puppy market these days?

Post by ymepointer » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:24 pm

In my day it was typically the price of the studs fee, so if the stud owner charged you 300 bucks the pups were 300 bucks. I suspect this was because many guys with studs would get either a pup or the fee so naturally the two were considered of equal value

PowerPoint

Post by PowerPoint » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:40 pm

That is generally what i go by as well,but I hadnt seen any litters similar to see how they were moving lately..

stonegripper

Post by stonegripper » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:46 pm

I cant seem to find any breedings out there[quote][/quote]

Your own statement says a lot to me...might be a reason why there are not a lot of breedings out there!

Singleshot

Post by Singleshot » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:56 pm

Stacy Perkins from Kentucky has a litter now by Snowwatch out of a Calico Thrillogy daughter. Stephen Lyons from Lyons Pointers also had a litter by him and a Miller bred bitch.

The puppy market can be a little slow right now. Could be the economy or could be the fact that people are vacationing and just the time of year. I have one of the best litters I have raised out of Rockacre Blackhawk and they are slow to move. But the 4 already sold have really pleased the new owners so far! Thats the most important part.

Sounds like a good litter you are planning. Sean does a great job up at Erins! Best of luck.

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:02 pm

You never here about the good breedings because the puppies are all spoken for before they arrive. what have your females produced and what kind of win record do they have? Are they horseback dogs etc. Its great to start with a good pedigree, but youll get more if they have other credentials. JMO

PowerPoint

Post by PowerPoint » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:33 pm

I was just checking the market "temperature" before breeding.It shouldnt be too bad with gary taking all the males.Do you know what the fellas wit the recent litters are gettin for their pups?