Just Popping in with some Pics

LoveMyGSPs

Just Popping in with some Pics

Post by LoveMyGSPs » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:53 pm

It has been a while since hubby (subatomicstang) and I have been on the boards. Just wanted to pop in and say hi and share some pics.

First, we are finally able to let the pigeons fly free! It has been about 5 months. We waited so long because we were hoping the eggs would hatch so they would home better but they keep laying but not hatching. Not sure there. They are young so Im not sure if they are just going through the motions but arent fertilizing them or what. Anyways... pics.

This is Couple #1. I havent come up with names for them yet. The male (the big one) is the head pigeon and bosses everyone else around. The female always has this look of utter offense and disbelief when you go into the coop, like how dare we go into her home. So Im still thinking of names for them but I thought this was a cute pic.

This is Mr Boo in flight. Hes the 2nd in command.

Mr Boo again. He is named in honor of my cat, who is 25lbs and fluffy like this guy.

Couple #1 again - so cute!

The Mister of Couple #1 - giving me the eye

Now to the pup. Toby is getting HUGE and really enjoying life as a farm dog. Spends his days hunting and chasing birds and swimming in the pond. He really enjoys a dip after getting hot chasing birds.

Shake shake shake

He is also very smart. He will get into the pond and swim around waiting for a bird to get close to the edge... then he stalks it from the water.

Example A

Example B - note Killdeer in middle of picture

Very happy puppy dog

I thought this was very "Hunting Dog'esque"

And for the horse people on the boards, here are 3 horse pics. First two are of my mare. Shes really starting to put on the weight and muscle (off the track thoroughbred) and the chestnut with the big blaze is my new horse that I just got about 3 weeks ago. He is sired by the same stallion I tried to get my mare in foal with for 2 years. So I decided to just buy the baby I was trying to get. He turns 2 in June and is already 16.1. We show dressage, btw.

We are excited that the pigeons are homing now so we can plant them and start the training back up for the dogs. We will be putting Toby back into some hunt tests in the fall and hopefully get his last 2 JH scores to get that title and hopefully Hope, our female, will be trustworthy enough to start entering her as well. She is better about coming and will even come if she is at the fence barking at the pigeons but in the field, once shes on a bird, thats it, and you cant get her back without the Ecollar.

Anyways, thats all! Hope everyone is doing well!
*!~Shantel~!*

Benny

Re: Just Popping in with some Pics

Post by Benny » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:46 pm

Those are some great pictures! I love the water-stalk/rambo move, that's priceless!
Oregon State University
USFS - Hotshot

PrairieGoat

Post by PrairieGoat » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:55 pm

Yup those are some winners!!! I also like the crocodile stalking method.....too funny!

subatomicstang

Post by subatomicstang » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:59 am

AGHHH HAH It appears that my much prettier counterpart has beat me to the gundog forums!!!!! After i saw you post on your horse forums i immediately saved the pics to bring them over to these boards! Well i guess you saved me some time! Great pics i miss being there with you and the animammals!

-Randy
Randy B

GSPVIZ

Post by GSPVIZ » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:47 pm

Great pics. LOve the shirt!