Whitewing Heaven!!

Scottyboy

Whitewing Heaven!!

Post by Scottyboy » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:35 pm

just got back to Tucson from my annual dove shoot back home in TX and thought I would share a couple of pics from opening day. I hunted on the lower Rio Grande Valley east of El Paso and let me be the first to say that the sheer numbers of birds was unbelievable! There were so many Whitewings that you could literally just random fire into the air at any given moment and a bird would drop. Just as many Mourning doves and Collared doves as well. I started the shoot off with my 20ga.( another story) but it was just too easy. I ended up using my ol 1922 L. C. Smith SXS .410 just to make it interesting. heck, you could have used a tennis racket and got a limit, no problem! I have never been to Argentina, but I imagine that this is what it would look like. It was unreal!! Days 2 and 3 were just as good too..

And the pups had a blast!!

Casper

Post by Casper » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:07 pm

Scottyboy you suck :lol:

I was just happy to kill my first limit of 10 in 10 yrs of shooting for the first time and it took me all day and a whole lot of hard work of having to walk them up in the middle of the day.

congrats on a great hunt :thumbup:

12 Volt Man

Post by 12 Volt Man » Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:11 pm

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing. I just posted a bunch over in the hunting section of the forum.

http://www.gundogforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1799

TAK

Post by TAK » Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:14 am

Who cleaned all the birds!

mark_sd

Good shootin' and...

Post by mark_sd » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:46 pm

Great pics!

Thanks -
Mark.

LookoutDog

Post by LookoutDog » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:20 pm

Enjoyed the photos. Must have been incredible seeing all those birds.

The opening for mourning doves was mixed where I hunted in N. Ga. My group got 32 Sat afternoon and 8 Mon morning. We all had a great time.

I leave for a two-week hunting marathon next Fri. Neb, SD, ND, and Montana. Really looking forward to it but one of my dogs has cracked pads so I'm trying to get her healed up.

Scottyboy

Post by Scottyboy » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:26 am

Thanks guys.. Good luck to everyone out there getting ready for that first trip of the season. We are leaving in the morning for a 5 day Blue Grouse hunt on the AZ/UT border up on the north rim of the Grand Canyon!! Should be fun to say the least. I'll be sure and snap plenty on pics and share them when we get back!