She's Here!!! *PICS*

LoveMyGSPs

She's Here!!! *PICS*

Post by LoveMyGSPs » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:47 pm

So I went and got our female today from her foster mom. While there, the foster mom planted 3 pigeons and let our male, Toby, find them. This was only his second time on birds. He found them all and I was able to fire the blank hand gun (sounds like a cap gun) and he had no clue. He was so hyped up about the birds. The last one he actually locked up and held a point for about 5 seconds! His first point! No pics, sorry!

I also came home with 6 young-ish pigeons; 3 males and 3 females, so that we can start our own flock.

Heres some pics now that we are home.

Toby (6 mo) on left and Hope (approx 1.5 yr) on right

Toby wondering why Hope has his bone

Hope taunting Toby by stealing his bone AND laying on one of his many beds

Playing

Peeking into the coop

One of the females... I have found her to be the calmest about getting caught so far (all can be caught but she doesnt fly as much)

Awesome shot hubby got of me trying to catch one and it took off - check out those wings! Of course Im ducking for cover! haha

A common sight, Im sure, from inside the coop - our new girl, Hope

Thats all!
*!~Shantel~!*

h.q.s

Re: She's Here!!! *PICS*

Post by h.q.s » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:42 pm

Looks like some happy campers!!

Do you hunt your dogs?? If so, you might want to get them holding point for more than 5 seconds... have them hold long enough for you to get to them and flush the bird.

Nice pictures, I am sure Hope is very happy to have a permanent home :D

subatomicstang

Post by subatomicstang » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:12 pm

Hubbie chiming in here. We do not currently hunt our dogs these are the first gsps or gundogs we have had the pleasure to own. February 6 and 7th we will be at our first hunt test we are super excited! Just letting him be a puppy and get real excited about the birds soon we will be getting a little more serious on the hunting, but right now we are focusing on his obediance. We have to start her as well on basic obediance i would like to keep them moving at the same level she obviously has more preey drive than he does right now. But he is quickly picking up on his.

ps. Mrs. Stang thanks a billion for going down and getting the new additions to the family!! Hopefully i;ll be home again soon
-Randy B
Randy B

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Those are two nice looking gsps. Glad Hope's got a home where she'll be used with birds. It sounds like Toby's doing well with his point, considering he's 5 months old and that was his 2nd time around birds.

Nice coop, but I forwarn you--it will never look so clean again! :lol: Denise

subatomicstang

Post by subatomicstang » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:07 pm

wems2371 wrote:Those are two nice looking gsps. Glad Hope's got a home where she'll be used with birds. It sounds like Toby's doing well with his point, considering he's 5 months old and that was his 2nd time around birds.

Nice coop, but I forwarn you--it will never look so clean again! :lol: Denise
Yes i blieve that they are some pooping mosters! Ill try my best to keep it clean while i am home though!

-Randy B
Randy B

LoveMyGSPs

Post by LoveMyGSPs » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:43 pm

Thanks. Everyone is doing well. Fed them both and no problems at all. They went with me to feed the horses and Toby did his usual "lay on the saddle pads while mom makes up food" while Hope explored.

Right now I have two heads peeking in the back window at me. lol
*!~Shantel~!*

Two Bears

Post by Two Bears » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:46 pm

I look and see GREEN GRASS....We havn't seen any grass here since first snow and now we are A$$ deep in snow and anywhere between 0 and -25 deg F below zero for a month now. Its pretty ruff on the pup to even get her to go out and squirt when she needs to.
Nice looking shorthairs !
HAVING A LIBERAL ALONG IS LIKE LOSING TWO GOOD MEN

subatomicstang

Post by subatomicstang » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:03 pm

Two Bears wrote:I look and see GREEN GRASS....We havn't seen any grass here since first snow and now we are A$$ deep in snow and anywhere between 0 and -25 deg F below zero for a month now. Its pretty ruff on the pup to even get her to go out and squirt when she needs to.
Nice looking shorthairs !

Thank god for FLORIDA~ I am about 110% certain that i will never leave this state. If i do it wont be much further than kingsland ga.
Randy B