Invisible Electric Underground Fence

T2Georgia

Invisible Electric Underground Fence

Post by T2Georgia » Thu May 06, 2004 9:21 am

Hi,

I am looking at my options for fencing my backyard for my GSP puppy. I have looked at the traditional fencing, but was made aware of the "invisible fence" option the other day -- never really thought about it before.

Have any of you used this type of fence before? Any comments/opinions?

Thanks in advance for your time!!

Tommy

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Thu May 06, 2004 9:29 am

I don't really like the underground fences. The first one I had got hit by lightning and about caught my home on fire. The second fence worked fine for a while, but my dog figured out that he could run through it. I also tried the wireless e-fence, but the range was no good.

Finally, I just built a fenced-in section of my yard.

This is just my opinion, but after my experiences with the underground fences, I will not use them again. I’m sure some people have good experiences with them though….

Grant

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Thu May 06, 2004 11:37 am

Can't say that I've ever used them either, although I've heard both good and bad stories about them...enough people have them though, don't they?

I use the good 'ole method of training. It takes time and effort, but they learn it. I've got 6 GSP's ranging from 6 mos. to 7 years and none of them leave the yard. Most sit in the sun watching the stink birds fly by. To prevent them from going into the road the 2nd time, on the first time, I go with the pup/dog and grind (I don't mean breaking the skin, just enough to get their attention for a lifetime) their nose into the road. It's a fight to get them to hold their nose to the asphalt/pea gravel, but they don't go back for a second try.