Innotek Help

PAess

Innotek Help

Post by PAess » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:56 pm

I thought my remote just needed new batteries, turns out the remote isn't working. Anyone else ever have this problem? I will never buy innotek again, but I don't feel like spending the money on a new one now. I have only had it for like 10 months.

Southwind

Re: Innotek Help

Post by Southwind » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:05 pm

What model do you have. If you have the model 16000, sorry for your luck. I have had one 16000 crap out, and a new one that might go any day. The thing about innotek is that the collars are really nice and compatible with almost all innotek transmitters. If you can find an older 1600 transmitter, you can use your newer command collars with them to save money. I also have a 1600 model that is 8+ yrs old that is still working great. I have added new beeper collars from my 16000 model that went down. Also, since Sport Dog bought out Innotek, I have heard on the Forum that you can trade in inoperative Innotek collars for new Sport Dog units through the factory.

PAess

Post by PAess » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:29 am

Do I just call the factory and tell them I want to trade it in for a sportdog?

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:55 am

There's a reason they're called "Innojunk". It should be covered under full warranty at the factory. Send it back. Better buy a second one; you'll have one on the road for repairs all the time.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:44 am

Lots of folks seem to have bad luck with Inotek, not me. I have had an 800 command series for eight or nine years never a problem. I have lost the backs and covers a couple times and have forgotten how to reset the units, but each time I call them and they immediatel sent out the parts no charge and walk me through the resets. Pretty decent to deal with so far. I have the launchers and two collars and no issue other than me.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

tmoneysju

Post by tmoneysju » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:47 am

what's the warranty on it? I assume if you've only had it for 10 months your first move should be to call them and find out about getting it repaired under warranty

PAess

Post by PAess » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:03 pm

I called and they are sending me a new remote. I asked about switching to sportdog, they said I would have to contact sportdog. I guess they are affiliated, but they dont opperate together. Surprisingly though they are mailing me a new remote w/o any questions asked. Thanks