Re: 32x NSTRA 6x AmCH Nolan's Last Bullet

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:44 am

If anyone has or knows of a Buddy Progeny or grand progeny that holds a title in AKC AF or other test or format Could you please let me know the Dogs registered name the title along with some verifiacation of the title via online or unaltered scanned proof to kninebirddog@gmail.com or email me for my mailing address

Trying to compile all the info we can to help Nominate NLB Buddy to the Brittany Hall of Fame.. Thank You
Last edited by kninebirddog on Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:31 am

For $35 you can get a progeny report directly from AKC with titles achieved and dam listed on it ($25 if you don't care who the dam was).
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:41 am

Thank you :)

wish they would do grand progeny
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

pear

Post by pear » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:11 am

Since this post was moved here from the Obits & Tributes thread I'm bringing it to the top one time. Hope everyone understands and respects this action. ..."pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:14 am

Public service announcement:

When I split out the "Progeny" discussion from the "Tribute" discussion, a side-effect was that it was way, way down in the active threads. No one would have seen it.

So, Pear bumped it up with a post.

All is well.

Carry on.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:11 am

Can you get titled offspring thru NSTRA yet?
brenda

Neil Mace

Post by Neil Mace » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:09 pm

There are two Brittany Hall of Fames, one for the American Brittany Club, simply called the Brittany Hall of Fame, which is for show, obedience, and field dogs/people; and the one at Grand Junction through American Field, called the Brittany Field Trial Hall of Fame, for those dogs and people that made a significant contribution to field trials.

Admission to the first is by recommendation (could be a single recommendation) to the ABC Board and they vote. The second is by nominations sent to an election committee which then votes, only those that garner a large number of nominations (100+) are presented to the election committee.

Buddy was a great dog and is deservedly in the NSTRA Hall of Fame.

Neil

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:06 pm

I know Progeny has some to do with the HOF now...

I know Buddy will get the NSTRA HOF

but to be honest I don't think he should be shut of out the Brittany HOF either....This Brittany ran and won against other brittany Setter pointer GSp he truely dominated a very pointer lead format

he broke records

just because Nolan chose to run what He enjoyed doesn't mean Buddy was any less of a dog ...matter a fact more then half his life his wins were recorded wiht American fiedl and he has one hour wins which FYI a dog on the final day of our NAtional trials will ahve run a total of 2 1/2 hours to be a champion or runner up
Buddy's achievements in a pointer/setter dominated field trial organization is simply incredible!

"Buddy has put Brittanys on the map among ALL POINTING BREEDS"

Whelped 6-17-94

Total Field Trial Points Ever Earned (Lifetime by a single dog), NSTRA RECORD

Total Field Trial Points Ever Earned, Single Season by a single dog, NSTRA RECORD

32X NSTRA Champion, Most NSTRA Champions Ever Earned by a single dog, NSTRA RECORD

6 X American Field Champion

10 hour first places, 1 hour runner-up (235 dogs)

1997 NSTRA South Carolina Region Elimination (38 dogs), Winner

1997 NSTRA South Carolina Region High Point, Winner

1997 NSTRA Purina Endurance Championship (128 dogs), 3rd place

1998 NSTRA Grand National Invitational Championship (94 dogs), Winner

1998 NSTRA Top Performance Award, Winner

1999 NSTRA Grand National Invitational Championship (94 dogs), Winner

1999 NSTRA South Carolina Region High Point, Runner-up

1999 NSTRA South Carolina Region Elimination (36 dogs), Winner

2000 NSTRA Trial of Champions Championship (235 dogs), Runner-up

2000 NSTRA South Carolina Region High Point, Winner

2000 NSTRA Top Performance Award , Runner-up

2000 NSTRA Kasco Endurance Championship (64 dogs), 4th place

2000 NSTRA Dog of the Year Championship(128 dogs), 3rd place

2000 Quail Unlimited National Gun Dog Champion (The first one held)

2001 NSTRA South Carolina Region Elimination (44 dogs), Winner

2001 NSTRA South Carolina Region High Point, Winner

2001 NSTRA Top Performance Award Winner (set a new record, the only dog to ever break 100 points in a single season, 102pts)

2001 NSTRA Kasco Endurance Championship (64 dogs), 4th place

2002 NSTRA Quail Invitational Championship(128 dogs), Winner

2002 NSTRA South Carolina Region Elimination (48 dogs), Winner

2002 NSTRA South Carolina Region High Point, (Co-Win, tied for first place with Nolan's other dog, 'Brave')

2002 Quail Invitational National Gun Dog Champion (128 dogs)

2002 2nd Runner up, Grand National Championship (128 dogs) (His son Brave won the 2002 Grand National Championship, thus Nolan had two dogs in the winners circle)

2002 Dog of the Year, Third Place

2003 Quail Unlimited, Nestle Purina Dog of the Year Champion, 128 starters

2003 Winner at the Trial of Champions, 199 Starters

2003 Grand National Champion (3 times Grand National Champ)

2004 Quail Unlimited National Champion

FOURTEEN TIMES IN THE FINAL FOUR AT NATIONAL LEVEL FIELD TRIALS
Another thing Buddy did was encourge many more people to look at the brittany as a viable bird dog and trial dog

like him or Hate him that little Dog made a difference in the Brittany world and should be recognized it would truely be a shame for the Brittany club to turn their back on him he should be recognized for his accomplishments and his progenys accomplishments It truely show how well OUR Breed can get out there and excel at what WE the HUMANS want to do with our Brittanys

There was a lot of time and effort and sacrifices made to getting Buddy there...if it was that easy to be a 32x NSTRA champion there would be a bunch of dogs there....there isn't Buddy is the first and his record still stands as you can enter all the trials you want if your not winning you not gaining championship titles

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:11 pm

Knine,

Are any of our NFC's in the NSTRA Hall of Fame?

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:52 pm

Ezzy So when did the BRITTANY become only about one venue? it is about BRITTANYS

Brittany HOF is about what the dog did for the BRITTANY breed and Progeny

I didn't realize it was only an AKC thing..or is it AF Which FYI Buddy is a 6x American Field Champion also.

It is about a dog promoting the Brittany breed and what that dog did to contribute to the breed as a whole
which Buddy did like it or not

So please this Post is for a departed dog and his progeny have some respect thank you

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:04 pm

Neil Mace wrote:There are two Brittany Hall of Fames, one for the American Brittany Club, simply called the Brittany Hall of Fame, which is for show, obedience, and field dogs/people; and the one at Grand Junction through American Field, called the Brittany Field Trial Hall of Fame, for those dogs and people that made a significant contribution to field trials.

Admission to the first is by recommendation (could be a single recommendation) to the ABC Board and they vote. The second is by nominations sent to an election committee which then votes, only those that garner a large number of nominations (100+) are presented to the election committee.

Buddy was a great dog and is deservedly in the NSTRA Hall of Fame.

Neil
That is all we can do is put the info out there ...I know it takes a year now before a dog can be nominated...So we have that time to compile the information we can and then it is up to the votes of the people...I feel it is worth the effort

I see one of the dogs nominated this year they are using titles from other venues that the progeny have attained

I think that is great...any thing that may get a person out and do more with their dogs that they enjoy ...and have a way to have their dogs evaluated

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:08 pm

So please this Post is for a departed dog and his progeny have some respect thank you
Where did this come from? We have a post about Buddy passing but this is one you started to promote him for the HOF. And you have no reason to jump on me since I agree he needs to be honored as one of the greats in his field.

But it's hard to justify the position that he should be in some other organizations HOF just like NSTRA DOES NOT include other venues. Lets be fair, and if you think he needs to be in the Field Trial Hall of Fame lets push for those dogs that competed in that venue be included in the NSTRA HOF. For every action there is a reaction, and when Nolan chose to run NSTRA he made a good decision because it fitted Buddy perfectly. The reaction is that he should and will be honored as the best ever in that venue and not in some other groups HOF.

But it isn't worth argueing about as most of us that know what he has done and what he has produced are well aware he is an outstanding Brit. Sorry to see some of the old time greats disappear but that is life and there will be another to take there place. Lets hope he gets the recognition he deserves in the NSTRA world.

Neil explained it perfectly.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:56 pm

This is a very passionate subject that has gone on for several decades. Unfortunatly people tend to look down their noses at a dog because all he does is NSTRA, but a dog that has accomplished what Buddy has, is the kind of dog that most likely would excel at whatever he did, unfortunatly many people do not see it that way. That is one reason Rick took Fritz from NSTRA to AKC, to show folks a good dog is a good dog....Period. I know I could have taken any one of my multiple NSTRA Ch's and competed anywhere, but until you do it the dog has a hard time getting their due recognition. I have seen many, many great NSTRA dogs that could have won at other venues, but people enjoy NSTRA and stick with it. Nothing wrong with that. Any dog that has won the trials and accomplished what Buddy has should, IMO, be recognized in the Brittney world.
brenda

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:09 pm

snips wrote:This is a very passionate subject that has gone on for several decades. Unfortunatly people tend to look down their noses at a dog because all he does is NSTRA, but a dog that has accomplished what Buddy has, is the kind of dog that most likely would excel at whatever he did, unfortunatly many people do not see it that way. That is one reason Rick took Fritz from NSTRA to AKC, to show folks a good dog is a good dog....Period. I know I could have taken any one of my multiple NSTRA Ch's and competed anywhere, but until you do it the dog has a hard time getting their due recognition. I have seen many, many great NSTRA dogs that could have won at other venues, but people enjoy NSTRA and stick with it. Nothing wrong with that. Any dog that has won the trials and accomplished what Buddy has should, IMO, be recognized in the Brittney world.
Well said Brenda and very true. Thats why I hope he gets all of the honors he deserves in the NSTRA venue and maybe some of his progency will compete and win in AKC and make everyone aware of what he has done.

Ezzy

Razor

Post by Razor » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:27 pm

You need to get one thing straight. He did not win 6 American Field Championships. He won six national NSTRA trials that the AF recognized at one time. They are not the same thing as an AF Championship.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:02 pm

I think you need to get it straight. AF DID recognize the format NSTRA had for their Championship, like it or not.
brenda

Razor

Post by Razor » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:13 pm

Read exactly what I wrote. They are not the same as an American Field CH. They did recognize them at one time just like I said, but they do not now. They are not the same thing as say the US Open.

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:47 pm

pointerfan wrote:No doubt a nice dog but you have to realistically look at how he stacks up against dogs like Renegade's Kansas Kid, Beans Blaze, Tequilas Joker, Jim de bobs Sparks A Dan D, Ban Dee and so on. He's not close IMHO.
That is something we will never know. Perhaps he would have stacked up well, perhaps not. The truth is he never ran against them. I guess you could wonder the same about them and if they could have stacked up against him in NSTRA. We'll never know. What we can find is how his off spring did in AKC and AF trials. That will probably be the measure ABC and Amer Fld will both use. I don't know about Amer fld but in the past, Britt people in AKC and running AKC trials looked down on NSTRA and at times with good reason. I know of one NSTRA dog, a many time champion and in the NSTRA Hall of Fame that makes me wonder. I liked the dog but it was never more than a hunting dog. It is there for no other reason than it won a lot; it produced little.

As for his offspring in Amer Fld and AKC trials, probably won't find a lot. People playing those games seldom if ever look to NSTRA dogs for trial prospects. Good bad or indifferent, thats the way it is. Certainly a draw back to running only trials that AKC and Amer Fld don't recognize.
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:18 am

I honestly believe that Buddy will receive his due recognition and Nolan (as humble as he is) will be satisfied with whatever he receives. Yes, his prodigy will have an effect on what he gets. I think there are some of his prodigy winning, and a LOT more helping the Brit world in the hands of hunting/trial people. As far as other Brit HOFs, I would "assume" the AF will be a tough sell because of the way they vote. It is not a simple nomination and all the members vote. The election committee handles the final yes/no.
Neil Mace wrote:...and the one at Grand Junction through American Field, called the Brittany Field Trial Hall of Fame, for those dogs and people that made a significant contribution to field trials.

Admission to...The second is by nominations sent to an election committee which then votes, only those that garner a large number of nominations (100+) are presented to the election committee.
FWIW there are a LOT of GREAT dogs and PEOPLE every year that get left off being inducted into the AF HOF. And like it or not AF is a EP, Setter world. I think he deserves it and I would have a hard time not nominating him, but it would be a tough road to climb. Like it or not, the American Field recognized his AF championships (not NSTRA) so they are set in stone! You can NOT (and I would not) take it away from Buddy! There is a good analogy here somewhere and I wish I could come up with it, but one should not be downgraded for the venue it participates in. There are a LOT of factors that go into where you play your games...location, sponsorship, client dogs, travel, money, opportunity for trial dates, "real job", family, etc. It is not as easy as we may think to jump around from venue to venue. There are some who do and do it successfully...snips, Nick Miller in MI is running successfully in NSTRA and AF, a few here in WI and I am sure a bunch of others.

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:57 am

Anyone know the date a Brittany that WASN'T an AA dog was inducted into the BFTHOF?

I have a hard time believing that Buddy could have gone from NSTRA to quarter mile casts successfully. If he was broke, walking Gun dog stakes probably, horseback gun dog stakes maybe, horseback shooting dog stakes....that's even doubtful.

And are any of his get running AA stakes successfully?
ImageImage

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:59 am

Karen, have you seen Buddy run?
brenda

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:08 am

I have not personally seen Buddy run, but my trainer did.

Bottom line is Buddy could have been the greatest AA dog to ever grace the Brittany world, but he never proved he could do it and the BFTHOF is very slanted toward AA dogs (Galton's law of filial regression and all). Agree with it or not, it's unlikely he'll be seriously considered without a very large number of his get proving themselves in the AA arena.
ImageImage

Neil Mace

Post by Neil Mace » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:01 am

Buddy was a great dog, and he is rightly in the NSTRA Hall of Fame, I would be inclined to vote for him for the BFTHF, but I know I am one of the few. Rightly or wrongly NSTRA is not considered a proper field trial by most; running for 30 minutes in a 40 acre field and not having to be steady, point system, are their points.

Saying since he was so great at NSTRA he should be in the BFTHF is like saying Michael Jordon should be in the Baseball Hall of Fame, Jordon proved to me that had he started playing baseball at a young age, he would have become one of the greats. But the truth is he didn't, and neither did Buddy.

If we are going to put dogs with potential in the Hall, there are thousands of hunting dogs that have never been in a trial that should go in.

To get in the BFTHF a dog just about has to have won the All-Age National Championship, plus a large number of 1 hour A-A stakes, and his get needs to have done the sameso. To my knowledge, Buddy has not produced a single All-Age hour winner. I know of no male that has gotten in on production, and there are few Gun Dogs in.

I am not arguing that he is not worthy, I am just giving you facts.

Neil