AZ Grouse

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

AZ Grouse

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:17 pm

this is about Tequila I sold her to Mike (she is the little girl in the bath babies puppy picture to the far right) here is the email her new dad sent me today plus pictures...

not bad for a dog that was raised on pen raised birds...last year her first time down with mike was mearns opener she got a grand slam Gamble scalie and mearns

Arlette

I thought that you’d enjoy an update on Ki Ki. We went up to the White Mountains and bagged a bunch of blue grouse last weekend. We hunted hard for three days. She did great, especially in a burned area covered with a dense stand of second growth aspen where the cover was so thick that we would never have located birds without the “pocket rocket”. The only problem was trying to locate her in the thickets when the bell stopped! We also ran into some Mearn’s quail which she pointed. She did some great work recovering a cripple as well, delivering it to hand.

I hope you enjoy the photos. If you want to go for grouse, go to the White Mountains a find a place over 8500 feet that looks like photo 3. Hunt the edges of the meadows. As you can see, she is being put to good use!

I have renewed my guide license and plan on taking quail hunters (esp. Mearn’s) out from time to time. Would it be OK for me to use you as a reference for Tequila’s ability?

Mike

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Scott

Re: AZ Grouse

Post by Scott » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:13 am

Thats great to hear Arlette,

I grew up there. Very rarely did I shoot one except with my bow. I will be up there this weekend. I will have to get out and hunt some grouse.

Its great to hear about your dogs. You have bred some really nice brittany's.

Scott

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: AZ Grouse

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:55 pm

Thanks Scott

it is neat when an owner actually takes the time and sends updates and pictures because they are happy with their dog

the smile on Mokes face says it all and of course the looks tequila is giving is priceless also
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.