Lost GSP.

Greensboro, NC > in the city

Male, liver and INJURED. Lost 9/10.

Reward.

cross post, just doing this out of empathy for an ad in my local paper

wchua24

Re: LOST DOG

Post by wchua24 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:04 am

poor thing i hope he will be found soon..

weimshuntemup

Post by weimshuntemup » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:31 am

How do you lose your dog? I'm not trying to judge anyone but dogs are like kids you must protect them from harms way!!! Sounds like this owner is not responsible dog owner..I hope everything works out and the dog is found. I hate to see or hear about this.. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mudhunter

Post by mudhunter » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:40 am

weimshuntemup wrote:How do you lose your dog? I'm not trying to judge anyone but dogs are like kids you must protect them from harms way!!! Sounds like this owner is not responsible dog owner..I hope everything works out and the dog is found. I hate to see or hear about this.. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Losing a dog can happen very quickly, I bet most people on this board that have been messing with pointing dogs for while, at least with medium to big range dogs, have lost a dog for at least a little bit.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:56 am

Don't be too judgemental, until you know the facts. This could be the result of a burgarly incident, car wreck, .......or something as simple as a child leaving a gate open. My husband, myself, and my sister were traveling during an icy winter holiday, and came across a t-bone car accident that had just happened. In one of the cars, a young lady had been travelling with her cat. While he had a crate....he was not in it at the time. The lady was fine, but worried sick about her cat who had hightailed it out a broken window. Fortunately, we were able to catch him hiding under one of the vehicles and get him in his crate. The lady was still quite shaken, but tickled pink that she had her feline buddy back. Unless presented with the circumstances, it's not fair to judge. I sure hope they find their dog, and I can't imagine the sadness of being in that position. Thanks for posting this Edondero. Denise

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:01 pm

weimshuntemup wrote:How do you lose your dog? I'm not trying to judge anyone but dogs are like kids you must protect them from harms way!!!
I hope you are knocking on wood!

h20fwlkillr

Post by h20fwlkillr » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:25 pm

weimshuntemup wrote:How do you lose your dog? I'm not trying to judge anyone but dogs are like kids you must protect them from harms way!!! Sounds like this owner is not responsible dog owner..I hope everything works out and the dog is found. I hate to see or hear about this.. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Things happen when hunting. Even close range dogs can get away from you no matter how well they are trained, or how close an eye you keep on them. Ever seen a dog hit a hot wire? Most will bolt and not back towards the handler. Or , my jump up some trash animal (oppossum,coon,ground hog ect ) that the dog hasn't been trained not to chase. I have a pup that has a problem with chasing turkeys. I have yet to be able to break him of it. I have had to pick him up 5 miles away. Getting lost can and does happen no matter what you do.
ImageImageImageImage

edondero

Post by edondero » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:34 pm

well, the reason i moved so quickly to post this ad that appeared in my newspaper on the websites I frequent (although I am sure I am the only one in this area on GDF etc) is because I called the contact number with the ad, and it was for a 24 hour emergency animal hospital. with the ad saying the dog is injured and a contact number being for the hospital, i can't help but to think that the animal hospital lost the dog itself. Unless the owner also works there or are doing a favor for the owners, but how awful to take your injured dog in and the vet loses him!

Killer Instinct

Post by Killer Instinct » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:04 pm

wems2371 wrote:Don't be too judgemental, until you know the facts. This could be the result of a burgarly incident, car wreck, .......or something as simple as a child leaving a gate open. My husband, myself, and my sister were traveling during an icy winter holiday, and came across a t-bone car accident that had just happened. In one of the cars, a young lady had been travelling with her cat. While he had a crate....he was not in it at the time. The lady was fine, but worried sick about her cat who had hightailed it out a broken window. Fortunately, we were able to catch him hiding under one of the vehicles and get him in his crate. The lady was still quite shaken, but tickled pink that she had her feline buddy back. Unless presented with the circumstances, it's not fair to judge. I sure hope they find their dog, and I can't imagine the sadness of being in that position. Thanks for posting this Edondero. Denise
Wow, Denise, this sounds like me in your story - except subsitute the cat for a dog! Some years back I was on the road traveling & T-Boned a car that had turned in front of me running a red light. No sooner than I opened my car door and out ran my Chinese Shar Pei puppy & hightailed it down the highway in traffic. I was devasted & couldn't leave the scene of the accident. 20 minutes later a couple showed up with my puppy in their arms - muddy, wet, & terrified. They saw her running on the highway & stopped & dashed after her when she went down in a muddy ditch. Thank God for Good Samaritans like yourself & others to help people in their time on need.....
.·´¯`·... ><((((º> Tammy ·.¸. ><((((º> .·´¯`·.

Image Image Image Image

Plum Thickets Emma
Northern Lights Abby

CherrystoneWeims

Post by CherrystoneWeims » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:24 pm

edondero wrote:well, the reason i moved so quickly to post this ad that appeared in my newspaper on the websites I frequent (although I am sure I am the only one in this area on GDF etc) is because I called the contact number with the ad, and it was for a 24 hour emergency animal hospital. with the ad saying the dog is injured and a contact number being for the hospital, i can't help but to think that the animal hospital lost the dog itself. Unless the owner also works there or are doing a favor for the owners, but how awful to take your injured dog in and the vet loses him!
I'm wondering if some good Samaritan found the injured dog and took it to the animal hospital. They may be looking for the owners.
Pam
Cherrystone Weimaraners
Breeding for Conformation and Performance
NFC/FC Cherrystone La Reine De Pearl
CH Cherystone Perl of Sagenhaft MH,SDX,NRD,VX,BROM
CH Cherrystone Gone With the Wind JH

drkg

Post by drkg » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:14 pm

edondero,

I live in the Greensboro area, though far enough north out of the city I am unlikely to see the dog. The daughter of one of my coleagues works for a vet on the south side of GSO.
I'm out of town right now but I sent an email to my buddy to let his daughter know to keep a look out for an injured unknown dog, should it be brought in there.