I'm done

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

I'm done

Post by lvrgsp » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:43 pm

I am done with posting on this forum, I've learned quite a bit from this forum, met some great people, I completely disagree with the way some of the moderation is going, thanks to all that have helped me along the way. Grant, one thing is it possible I can ask you to remove all of my posts, thank you.

Chip (lvrgsp). 8)

topher40
GDF Junkie

Re: I'm done

Post by topher40 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:07 am

Sorry to hear that Chip. :cry: Good luck to you, I know I will see you around the net :wink: :lol:
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:13 am

I prefer to make quiet exits and deal with things privately rather than make grand exits and try to stir the pot on the way out.
You've made a good contribution here, thank you.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:50 am

Did I miss something? :? Sorry you feel you need to leave. This is a pretty darn good forum with good banter, strong opinion, great knowledge, good humor and good competion.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:10 am

Ditto Ruffshooter. :?:
big steve

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:15 am

I am sorry also, you have been a super contributor. Instead of leaving you might push for a Political heading. We got the Legislation forum that way :P
brenda

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:46 am

Chip, I appreciate your commitment to service to our country. I totally disagree with the editing of posts made on the other thread. I hope you rethink your decision, but if not I commend you for standing up for your beliefs.

I have had issues with certain moderators on this board and feel some of them do not do what is best for the group, but only a certain few. I am sorry, but I do not agree with Ayers response to the VP thread...These discussions will not go here, they will not go in the General Chat forum, and they will not go anywhere else on GDF. That's the hard line rule we've taken and stood by. Anyone reading this can consider it a warning.

As snips stated, why not have a thread for politics that is known for being more than just a place to post hunting legislation alerts? If it is known, then there is a place to have open discussion. There are a lot of heated discussions on this board that are NOT about politics that go WAY out of line and do not get locked till they are multiple pages deep. Then a simple discussion about a politition that DOES have hunting/outdoors/NRA background gets locked after 3-4 posts??? Something about that is odd. JMHO

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:23 am

PntrRookie wrote: Then a simple discussion about a politition that DOES have hunting/outdoors/NRA background gets locked after 3-4 posts??? Something about that is odd. JMHO
I am the original poster of the Palin as VP thread. I had only just heard of her (like many of us) and I did some research and saw she was a hunter and NRA member, among other things. I didn't mention her abortion stance, religion, economic views, fighting corruption or anything else. I just mentioned that she was a hunter and NRA member before she was a politician, because I thought that was of interest and directly applicable to our pursuits.... and I put it in the little-viewed legislation section. The only thing I thought was unusual was that it was locked after a week or so of inactivity. It was pretty much a dead thread anyway.

The forum is privately-owned and they can do as they wish. And people can come and go as they wish. Supply-demand.... I decided not to get my panties in a bunch over it. I was and am annoyed by its being locked - I felt chastized, like I am some schoolkid. I have been on various forums for years and have never had that happen and am a pretty mainstream poster. But at the end of the day it's just not that big of a deal.

P.S. The title of the section is Legislation AND HUNTING RIGHTS. Yet I am told you are only supposed to post about specific legislative alerts. Seems like a misnomer to me.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:30 am

Wow, guess I really missed something. You are/were a great contributor. Sorry you feel the need to leave everyone else behind due to a moderator or two.............don't much care for quitters. Also a shame you would like to take all your great advice with you by deleting your posts. Seems more like a tantrum where you want to stomp off and take your toys with you. Might be harsh words, and I'd rather see you stay than leave..............but that's crazy giving this little armchair forum so much power over your emotions. Denise

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:34 am

As a poster here, I feel there are a number of people who need to know what is going on with Chip. He has been a very valued contributor on this forum and will be greatly missed, besides all that, he is a good friend and I trust his judgement. I really need to know what is going on as I am totally in the dark. :!: :?: :?: :?:

Jerry
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:48 am

I went back in Chip's posts, and all I can find so far is that the VP thread got locked. Guess I'll try to find that thread, and it looks like it's been moved to Legislation. If you're a good friend--get 'em back here Hotpepper. Denise

As an add-on edit: I found the two threads related to this, and can't really believe this is even a discussion. Just 4 clean posts about Palin, and the moderators decided to lock the thread, before the potential for ugliness occurred......which you know it would. Then there is a short 4 posting thread about the decision to lock the first post. Don't know what went on behind the scenes, but this seems like a whole lot of something over nothing.

The Zephyr

Post by The Zephyr » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:00 am

Chip,

Please stay in touch, either through this board if you choose or in the field. I’ve always appreciated your input on the forum and after having met you in person it only reinforces my perception of you as a quality individual.
I hope to see you again, perhaps in Texas.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for Jill. I’m sure she’ll shine.

With regards,

John L.
FC AFC Fieldmaster's Montauk Zephyr
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=324

Fieldmaster's Oregon Road Phosphorus
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=2833

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:45 am

wems2371 wrote: Just 4 clean posts about Palin, and the moderators decided to lock the thread, before the potential for ugliness occurred......which you know it would. Then there is a short 4 posting thread about the decision to lock the first post. Don't know what went on behind the scenes, but this seems like a whole lot of something over nothing.
Why do you think ugliness would occur? The only exchange was between me and kninebirddog - and the thread sat there dead for 13 days before being locked. It had already died. Locking an innocuous post with no controversy in an obscure section of GDF created all this - again, much ado about nothing.

big steve46

Post by big steve46 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:57 am

I missed something, or I'm a little slow today. Where is the "Legislation" section? Woops! I found it under Gen Info. Now, I just gotta get there.
big steve

lovesuglydogs

Post by lovesuglydogs » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:17 am

Personally a political board might be a nice place to vent, but if people dont have thick skin, it can also agitate many.
Dogs/Hunting might be best. Im trying to just focus on that now here & what attracted me.

<edited remainder of post for political content>

pear

Post by pear » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:24 am

LOCKED BASED ON THE LAST POST MADE. We don't do politics here... "pear"
"When I was a kid, I used to pray every night for a new "puppy". Then I realized that the Lord, in his wisdom, didn't work that way. So I just stole one and asked him to forgive me".

Arti
Nikki
Diamond
Bailey