Human Conditioning

vern3

Human Conditioning

Post by vern3 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:31 pm

Just wondering what everyone did to get ready for the upcoming season?

Brittguy

Re: Human Conditioning

Post by Brittguy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:01 pm

Go over the truck,change air filter,oil , etc. Check tack, fill propane tanks and check over the trailer :)

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:42 pm

Train dogs 7 days a week, it keeps you in shape! :lol: :wink: 8)
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:36 am

I work the dogs 3 x a week, and ride the horse 2-3 x a week to keep him in shape. I work out myself 5-6 days a week...elliptical, stationary bike, treadmill and weather permitting, a regular bike. I went back to physical therapy a few weeks ago to get that last little bit of range of motion and strength back in my shoulder after my last surgery at the end of July, and I've refused to use a mounting block for the last month or so.

The Durango just got an oil change and 2 new tires last night. With the help of Dad, it was outfitted with a platform in the "way back" so I have nice, organized storage under the crates now too (someone said that the back of my durango now looks like a Cherrybrook store). I went over the horse trailer on Saturday, got that cleaned up and ready to go also. I purchased a new, better fitting saddle a month ago, so we've taken several test rides in that to make sure it doesn't sore my horse.

I've stocked up on fly spray, scrubbed the buckets I travel with, ordered a new waterproof sheet for the horse...I think we're ready. :D

Can you tell I'm excited :?:
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit