Help with a registration name

gar-dog

Help with a registration name

Post by gar-dog » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:49 pm

I still haven't registered Ginger. Her dam is Marjo's Allakazam (Allie) and sire is Bucks Hit the Road Jack (Jack). I have no restrictions as to kennel name. Should I use Marjo's?

I was thinking something along the lines of Marjo's AppleJack, or Marjo's Apple of Jack's Eye. This isn't a huge deal to me, but I would like some ideas if you have any.
Thanks!
Gary

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Help with a registration name

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:10 pm

Gary's On the Road A Gin
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Kiki's Mom

Post by Kiki's Mom » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:42 pm

Use of the breeder's prefix kennel name is a nice way to pay tribute to the breeder/breeding but that would of course be entirely up to you. I find it an honor when my owners choose to register their pups with the Wild Mtn prefix anytime! Where that comes into real play is if the dog is campaigned in some sort of competition. Ginger, being your best buddy deserves a name that gives her the royal distinction of your heart. :wink:

"Allakazam" makes me think of a genie in a bottle type theme. ( Gary's/Marjo's I Dream of GInger) "Hit The Road Jack"....well, that would put a travelling spin on things. Her call name being Ginger and the idea of travel makes me think of Gilligan's Island.... :mrgreen: (Marjo's Queen of the Minnow )

Your options are only as limited as your imagination on this one, my friend. Have fun....

Meller

Post by Meller » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:46 pm

Marjo's Jack of Dimiond Ginger :)

zzweims

Post by zzweims » Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:27 am

Marjo's Road Kill
Georgia Quail Hunting--"Our farm, your dog"

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:01 am

zzweims wrote:Marjo's Road Kill
I'm sure he hopes not :o
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

Brittanys are Best enough said...

BBD's Ca-Ching
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1061

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=678

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=869

jakemaster

Post by jakemaster » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:15 pm

Marjo's Apple of Jack's Eye
I like this one! :D

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:25 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Gary's On the Road A Gin
This one has a nice catch to it. And also, this dog represents getting back on track with hunting and shooting. I had a good 10-15 year gap in my "redneck ways," starting a family in the '90s and then moving to the East Coast from TX. This name does seem to fit that I am back in the saddle as they say.

romeo212000

Post by romeo212000 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:43 pm

Marjo's Ginger Snap Jack?

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:52 pm

How about, Marjo's Ginger vs Maryann?

Than you can answer that eternal question of which one. :D

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:18 am

3Britts wrote:How about, Marjo's Ginger vs Maryann?

Than you can answer that eternal question of which one. :D
Hah! All else equal, I'll always go with the redhead!

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:03 am

ezzy333 wrote:Gary's On the Road A Gin
By the way, we went with "Marjo's On the Road Again" - fits well with Gin/Ginger, we like Willie Nelson, and this dog represents me getting back into hunting, etc. It incorprates the dam's kennel name and the sire's "Hit the Road Jack" name. So great suggestion Ezzy! We decided not to do the "A Gin" but keep is simpler. Thanks!

How long does it take to get your registration number back? I need to enter a field trial in October.

G

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:42 pm

Gar-dog -

I registered several dogs AKC using open registration which is not the normal route. i seem to recall that it was a matter of weeks(3-4) to get the registration back.

I would contact the trial chair or secretary and explain the situation immediately prior to sending in the entry. I bet they won't have a problem taking the entry.

It only becomes an issue if the dog places and by then you may very well have the papers. If not... the placement gets voided...so what's the big deal?

RayG

tmoneysju

Post by tmoneysju » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:32 pm

Hey Gary, even though Marsha and Joe didn't own Tucker's dam, I bought him from Marjo's and named him Marjo's Tuck of the Irish - i know i know, corny, but i was in the same boat, didn't really mean a whole heck of a lot to me since I only call him Tucker, haha.

I'm not creative so I don't have any great ideas for you, but do like the idea of starting it with Marjo's
gar-dog wrote:I still haven't registered Ginger. Her dam is Marjo's Allakazam (Allie) and sire is Bucks Hit the Road Jack (Jack). I have no restrictions as to kennel name. Should I use Marjo's?

I was thinking something along the lines of Marjo's AppleJack, or Marjo's Apple of Jack's Eye. This isn't a huge deal to me, but I would like some ideas if you have any.
Thanks!
Gary

SouthDakotaBound

Post by SouthDakotaBound » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:42 pm

Marjo's One More Round "Gin"

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:45 pm

Have you trialed Tucker yet? If so, how did it go? I want to enter the NJBC trial in October but know I will make a giant fool of myself and my dog. But I figure I have to get this first one or two out of the way. Good news is the week before we will spend several days in NH grouse hunting, so that should be a good warm-up.

tmoneysju

Post by tmoneysju » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:52 pm

haha, read my post in your other topic....those were my exact thoughts up until a few weeks ago (i dont' want to make a fool of myself), finally i said heck with it, i'm doing it

we did a mock natural ability test on sunday with chuckar out in the field, a pheasant track and water work and the little dude did awesome, watch him totally blank out on test day and end up two counties over chasing birds! haha

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:03 pm

Gary, a couple of stories to put things in perspective:

I was riding at a trial a few years ago before anyone was ready to start competing. We were standing at the breakaway waiting for the next brace to go out, and all of a sudden my horse goes down to roll! I've been riding for maybe 6 months at this point, and by the time I realized what he was doing, it was too late. I waited to figure out which side he was going down on, and jumped off (in the mudd). The 2 judges and gallery were there with their mouths hanging open. Well, I yanked him back up on his feet and punched him in the neck...and with that hysterics broke out. Once they knew I was okay, they got a really good laugh at my expense (in fact, people still bring it up once in a while).

I was running Blaze in his 3rd or 4th trial a couple years ago (WAY before I should have been running him...he wasn't close to ready yet). A deer jumped out in front of my horse, he spun 180 degrees FAST, I SCREAMED as I was hanging off the side of him, the judges were laughing their butts off, made me call Blaze in to make sure he wasn't chasing (which he wasn't), and then we continued, only to find the other handler whose dog had blown a back and was picked up, "hiding" behind a bush around the corner waiting for her scout...which spooked my horse all over again.

I figure I'm going to keep making a butt out of myself for years to come....but it makes for good stories on occasion and I just don't worry about it anymore. Give it a try! You'll have a blast!
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Hah! Funny stories. But I do a good enough job making a butt out of myself without a horse and dog to help me.