Potential breeding...

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs

Potential breeding...

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:44 pm

I have been looking around for a stud dog to bred my Ebbie to this fall pending OFA etc... I finally think I found the dog. FC Maxwell's Blew By You II.Image . I put together a pedigree on the breeding http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1275 and just wanted to get feelers for what people though about it on paper and see if anyone has seen this dog run he sounds amazing to me. Just something I am very interested in it will be very heavy Microdot and I just think it would be a great match.

Robbie
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

Brittanys are Best enough said...

BBD's Ca-Ching
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1061

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=678

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=869

Maurice

Re: Potential breeding...

Post by Maurice » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:14 pm

Chuck would be a good choice, ain't many brits look like that on game.. He also has some placements in AF against ponters..

Mo

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:18 pm

Looks like he has some Fiddler in him.... :D

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:55 pm

Ya Maurice he just kind of has that WOW factor about him doesn't he. And no Ross no pointer in there but I figured some pointer guy would have to try to suggest that.

Rob
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

BBD's Ca-Ching

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:11 pm

That breeding looks like it would have a lot of trial potential. Personnally, I don't like that head up like that when they are pointing.I guess I must be old school but I want to be able to look at the dog and its eyes and pretty much know where the bird is. The head up like that just doesn't show me any intensity.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Brittguy

Post by Brittguy » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:21 pm

I never saw him run but I was following the reports on him.I talked to Terry last year about breeding to him but went with FC Billy's Random Task instead.Chuck is an extremely big running dog and had some impressive wins at an early age. Your puppies will have a very nice pedigree

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:51 pm

Chuck won the Brittany US OPEN earlier this year he has a serious good top and bottom to him and is AA all the way
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Neil Mace

Post by Neil Mace » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:17 am

Chuck has been posed for the photo, he does point naturally with a high head, but not that exagerated in the field. He is a very nice dog, not as wide as some, but he will fill the country. I like the way Terry handles him, puts him on an edge and lets him take it out.

If I did not value the dual concept, I would breed to him, he is one of the top field dogs in the country, amateur handled to the 5th or 6th spot on Purina DoY.

Neil

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:08 am

If I did not value the dual concept, I would breed to him, he is one of the top field dogs in the country, amateur handled to the 5th or 6th spot on Purina DoY
Nice way of putting it Neil. I wanted to make that point too but didn't know quite how to state it.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Grange

Post by Grange » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:06 am

Seems like his tail was cropped longer than normal. Or is it just the picture?

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:16 am

From the standard:

Tail: Tailless to approximately four inches, natural or docked. The tail not to be so long as to affect the over-all balance of the dog. Set on high, actually an extension of the spine at about the same level. Any tail substantially more than four inches shall be severely penalized
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:57 am

Yes his tail is longer then Show standards

But Terry is about the field and is not going to compromise a complete field package which even at the Brittany standards seminar they held ..it was said that to perserve the dual you do give a little in the field...which it shouldn't be like that true dual should be excelling at both...but then again that is under a judges discretion which i find quite a few of the judges that come into the brittany ring need to go sit on the brittany breed standard as they are putting up the very thing which should also be severly penalized IE excessive coat fine coat Hackney gaits.....a dog with a shorter coat should not be penalized and that was discussed at the Brittany Breed Judging Standards held by Agnes over in Califonia which a bunch of us sat in on

So anyways Back to Chuck...Your looking at Pure field with him and for those that idolize the All Age as the Mark for a great dog...he is run against pointers and has palced...he can be roaded for an hour before an hour brace and still finish as strong at the end as he starts off

He is OFA Excellent so with as much as he has done so far at only 4 years of age..he is holding up strong

hopefully his stamp is strong cause i have a breeding I am planning with him also :mrgreen:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Flush

Post by Flush » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:44 am

While I'm sure that Britt is 100% Britt as his pedigree indicates, I've seen quite a few setters who look remarkably like that dog, especially the head. While I'm not trying to imply there is setter blood in there, it's pretty obvious this dog has evolved to fit our ideal field trial dog. I've got no problem with it, I think he looks great, but I can imagine some traditional folks don't agree.

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:49 am

I've seen quite a few setters who look remarkably like that dog,

They have Pointer in them too! HA!!

Just kidding, but Holy Cow!! That is a Brit that I could love!! :D

vzkennels

Post by vzkennels » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:53 am

Length of tail would be last on my list for choosing a breedable dog specialy when it comes to the docked tailed breeds,after all that can be determined by the person doing the docking. :)

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:03 am

Long tails are OK on oversized dogs for balance. Its the long hair thats a killer. We need to get our priorities straight. Big dogs that run big and have competed against pointers are in and dogs that meet their breed standard are just second rate because they might not be able to run as fast or have a longer coat. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ezzy

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:13 am

I agree Ezzy. I do worry about what will happen to our breed when the dog posted is the "ideal" and has people lined up to breed to him when he doesn't even come close to fitting our BREED standard. If you want a dog that runs and acts like a setter or pointer, BUY A SETTER OR POINTER!!

And Knine, please post a link to the "field standard" as opposed to the "show standard" you've referenced in your post, as I have dogs that compete in both venues and am interested. I can only find a "breed standard" on the ABC website, and the code of ethics goes on to say how the breed should be kept "forever a dual dog".
Last edited by Karen on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Flush

Post by Flush » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:14 am

Yawallac wrote:
I've seen quite a few setters who look remarkably like that dog,

They have Pointer in them too! HA!!
Sure they do! but haven't you bred some dogs to a Tri-color Pointer that occassionally throws some long haired pups? :D

I agree that's a Britt I could love too, maybe it's cause it wouldn't take much to just pretend he was a setter.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:38 am

Karen maybe if they have a Seminar on the Brittany breed where your at you might try sitting in on it...I found it very informative :wink:

but it comes down to the judges and what they place and obviously Chuck is doing what the Judges are looking for and putting up for our brittany breed and he has a pedigree which many people breed strong on
Microdot Bean Blaze, Apache Chubasco and Scipios

Terry Breeds for what is going to win in the field, Maxwells white Spirit who kent patterson owns is another of Terrys breedings

So his tail is docked longer...may want to consider that the antis are trying to get docking tails illegal then what will our breed standards be faced with if they pass that

I have seen Chuck at home...he acts just like brittany and is a nice looking dog

But When it comes to what gets titled ...you have to look to the judges that will put the dog in placement..if it isn't what the breed is supposed to be about then those judges should be dealt with cause if they would not place those dogs which to not fall in the BREED STANDARDS then it wouldn't be an issue now would it .....and I am speaking in both FIELD and SHOW

If DUAL was that important ......then what is a disqualifaction and penalized in the show should also be a disqualifaction and penalized in the field but it isn't

over size DQ
undersize DQ
black nose DQ
excessive coat and feathering being penalized

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:04 pm

Knine,''
When you look at what gets titled you can't blame the judges, it's your responsibility to put a dog in the ring or in the field that conforms to the breed standards. You can try to couch it anywaqy you want but a Brittany is a Brittany because it has been bred to be a Brittany and not a trial dog or a show dog. Karen has it exactly right and I believe has dogs that have titles. Don't believe she needs a seminar but those who want to comprimize every standard there is are the ones that need to get their thinking straight. I don't want to have to go check out a dog to see if he acts like a BVrit to know he is. If the breeders and handlers have no more integrity than that we are in deep do do. Can't believe you are going to try and blame the judges for the problems and not blame the people who do not have enough integrity to not show or trial a dog that doesn't conform to our standards just for the sake of saying "I won". We have another thread on the board right now about which breed to buy. Why don't you tell him the Brit is a smaller dog unless he runs good, has a short tail, unless he looks better to some with a longer one, has a mask that covers both ears and eyes unless it comes from a good field breeding. I am sure he will know it is a Brit from the way it acts.

If you don't have standards then you don't have anything. True in dogs as well as life. And we sure see both going down the tubes.

Hope I'm wrong,

Ezzy

zzweims

Post by zzweims » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:17 pm

kninebirddog wrote:Karen maybe if they have a Seminar on the Brittany breed where your at you might try sitting in on it...I found it very informative :wink:

but it comes down to the judges and what they place and obviously Chuck is doing what the Judges are looking for and putting up for our brittany breed and he has a pedigree which many people breed strong on
Microdot Bean Blaze, Apache Chubasco and Scipios

Terry Breeds for what is going to win in the field, Maxwells white Spirit who kent patterson owns is another of Terrys breedings

So his tail is docked longer...may want to consider that the antis are trying to get docking tails illegal then what will our breed standards be faced with if they pass that

I have seen Chuck at home...he acts just like brittany and is a nice looking dog

But When it comes to what gets titled ...you have to look to the judges that will put the dog in placement..if it isn't what the breed is supposed to be about then those judges should be dealt with cause if they would not place those dogs which to not fall in the BREED STANDARDS then it wouldn't be an issue now would it .....and I am speaking in both FIELD and SHOW

If DUAL was that important ......then what is a disqualifaction and penalized in the show should also be a disqualifaction and penalized in the field but it isn't

over size DQ
undersize DQ
black nose DQ
excessive coat and feathering being penalized
Be careful what you ask for. Last year's winner of the WCA Western Field Futurity was stripped of his title and winnings, because some show people complained that he didn't meet the breed standard. The field people cried foul--there was nothing in the rules that would have made this dog ineligible-- but they were grossly out numbered on the board, and the rules have since been changed. Our field dogs must now meet the minimum requirements of size, beauty and breedability (no neutered dogs) BEFORE they can compete in the field futurity. Can you imagine the outcry if all show dogs had to exhibit field ability prior to entering the show ring? My husband ran my puppy Jesus in the Eastern Futurity this spring (she took 3rd). She meets the standard, but I told him that if anyone so much as hinted at giving her a bench evaluation, that he was to refuse and call a lawyer out of principle. The episode created a monsterous gap between the show and field communities.

Oversize, undersize, black nose, excessive coat, etc. can be corrected in one or two generations. If someone wants to breed to a dog with a minor conformation fault in order to improve field ability in his line, then I say go for it. By comparison, beauty is easy to fix.

Aline
http://sitekreator.com/zzfarms
Georgia Quail Hunting--"Our farm, your dog"

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:50 pm

Ezzy
Knine,''
When you look at what gets titled you can't blame the judges, it's your responsibility to put a dog in the ring or in the field that conforms to the breed standards
Now that right there is comical to say the least....If you put a dog in that conforms square well chested gaited for movement that is condusive in the field and a anotehr person bring in a a long excessive feathered and coated roman nosed V chested hackney gaited dog and that dogs wins ..that is the JUDGE

You can put in anything but it is ultimatley the JUDGES that place or don't place those dogs

So how can it be a handlers fault if they put in something and the JUDGES Place that dog continually so that it attains a field and or a show title? If the JUDGES would NOT place it it would never become a Champion in the field or the ring and thus would not be bred as a desired trait

So Dislike Chuck all you want cause he is posed with a longer tail...the JUDGES liked him they placed him as the US OPEN Winner and Taryn came runner up...

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:51 pm

Aline,

You are letting your feeling show. Standards are not about beauty, they are about the physical qualities that make a Brittany a Brittany. I like the idea of insuring all dogs have hunting abilities before going into the show ring and yes you would get about the same reaction as you are expressing. I know it will never happen but the breeders are the ones that should be responsible for the breed and that would eliminate the non hunt dogs in the show ring as well as the dogs that do not conform to the standard in the field.

But as long as we have people who feel their desires are more important than others we will continue to have this discussion. I just find it strange to think that a dog might win a trial because he isn't wiothin the standard is short sighted and goes againt what you have indicated. You have already said "beauty is easy to breed for" and if that is true why are so many against breeding for it?

What I see in dog breeding is exactly the same thinking as the kids and even adults taking steroids to out perform someone else since winning is more important than principle. Seems its the popular thing to do. The only reason size and dark noses are a problem today is because of people who decided they weren't a problem yesterday. And they will continue to be a problem untill we decide to take care of it.

Lets hope more clubs take the position that a Brittany should be a Brittany. Will be great for the breed.

Ezzy

NE Vizsla

Post by NE Vizsla » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:57 pm

Does anyone out there have a picture of a pup out of this guy, I assume there are some somewhere by now ? I'll bet it looks like a Britt.

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:59 pm

You're so right Arlette. I need to go to a breed seminar.

I've had such a hard time picking out decent dogs! :wink:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Home of Hope's Dream Weaver
Best in Show at the 2006 Eastern Futurity
Best in Sweeps at the 2006 Summer Specialty
Winners Bitch at the 2006 Northern VA Brittany Club Specialty
Best of Winners at the 2006 National Specialty Show *
3rd Place Derby at Susquehanna Brittany Club's 2006 Fall Trial
North Jersey Brittany Club's 2006 Dual Dog of the Year

Home of Britt Haven's Blaze of Glory
Best of Winners at the 2006 Lehigh Valley KC Show (3 point major)
1st Place OGD at SNEBC's Spring 2008 Trial (31 starters for 5 points)
2nd Place OGD at Anthracite Brittany Club's 2008 Spring Trial (33 Starters for 2 points)

*AKC didn't process transfer paperwork in an expedient manner and she was declared ineligible to show from the bred by class
ImageImage

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:04 pm

Chuck has had one litter which which is just over 2 Terry was more trialing then breeding him

will be fun to watch and see his progeny ..chcuk is just over 4 so ...time will tell

I emaile dthem and asked if they had some pictures of chuck at home
i will email them back on if they have a pic of chucks son

zzweims

Post by zzweims » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:36 pm

All breeders should *strive* for perfection--in bench, field, health, temperament, intelligence, biddability, cooperation, etc. And the good ones do. But the good ones also know that sometimes you need to make some sacrifices in the short term in order to improve the weaknesses in your line in the long run. Of all of the qualities mentioned above, conformation is the easiest to 'fix' in a relatively short time (1-2 generations). Field ability takes much longer, and health and temperament take a long long time.

By imposing standards on BREEDERS and everything they produce--be it field or show (and frankly, if you insist on one, you should insist on the other), then what you will end up with is a bunch of mediocre dogs that meet the minimum and the breed will not improve.

Aline
Georgia Quail Hunting--"Our farm, your dog"

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:19 pm

This is a half brother to chuck

and much like Karens Avatar he also for in the ring standard his back legs are over angulated as described by the standards of how a dog should stand... but obviously are not stacked like that for show ring
Also to be honest as the standards right the tail should come off the back in a 10 o clock position thus karens avatar as of today is to far down and Doc is to high up but I will take the higher tail set any day as it has been said to help a dog move in a longer stride thus able to cover ground better and shows much more intensity and style

but when you get in the ring good handlers can help a dog stack so that they stand right
Heck Real good handler can get over sized dogs to stack in and just undersized dogs to stand up taller...I am speaking of dogs which are slightly out of the standards

So take a dog that has the field and breed it to a show dog...it is done a lot...so does a field dog and a show dog make a dual dog...it can work taryn is just a breeding like that an extremely good handler got TJ dualed and bred to a show dog back ground gyp
Last edited by kninebirddog on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:45 pm

So Chucks tail is too long so he should not be bred to?? This is tough more me to decide not to bred to a dog because his tail is too long. As for his coat he had been shaved prior to that picture. Not sure how tall he is but the female is well within standard so pups will not be oversized. He biggest fault I see is his tail length which is not genetic. He is an excellent dog and now I really wanna breed to him and the pups I keep will get put in the show ring just to get placements on them cause they will be extremely nice looking dogs I'm sure.

Robbie

Arlette Jan Goode emailed me this pic as she said it was the only one she had right now is supposed to send more when she gets back to her computer this weekend she said I'll post more also when I get them
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

BBD's Ca-Ching

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:41 pm

ezzy333 wrote:That breeding looks like it would have a lot of trial potential. Personnally, I don't like that head up like that when they are pointing.I guess I must be old school but I want to be able to look at the dog and its eyes and pretty much know where the bird is. The head up like that just doesn't show me any intensity.

Ezzy
Take a look at the dogs nose and follow the wind. I have seen dogs looking south pointing a bird that is to the north of them. The wind in the nose never lies.

huntindog

Post by huntindog » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs wrote: Not sure how tall he is but the female is well within standard so pups will not be oversized.

Robbie
I have a lot of mixed feelings about a lot of this discussion, but one thing I can say with certainty is that the female being well within standard is no guarantee that the pups will be.
Martin
Blue collar Brittanys
Home of:

FC/AFC Martin's Rusty Diamond Hunter MH "Rusty"
FC/AFC Hang Em' High Talon Hunter MH "Talon"
FC/AFC Martin's Flight Over Denali MH "Deni"
FC/AFC Blue Collar's High Stakes Poker "Poker"
FC Talon's Hope of a Bluecollar Gunrunner

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:11 pm

[quote="Brushbustin Sporting Dogs"]So Chucks tail is too long so he should not be bred to?? This is tough more me to decide not to bred to a dog because his tail is too long. As for his coat he had been shaved prior to that picture. Not sure how tall he is but the female is well within standard so pups will not be oversized. He biggest fault I see is his tail length which is not genetic. He is an excellent dog and now I really wanna breed to him and the pups I keep will get put in the show ring just to get placements on them cause they will be extremely nice looking dogs I'm sure.

Robbie

I like the longer tail on the brits, I think it looks good, especially when it is poker straight like Chuck's
Terry Maxwell is doing a great job breeding dogs IMO.. I think it is very important to have the extreme type field trial dog to breed to, it keeps the breed strong.. Robbie you should get some great pups from that cross, best of luck to you..

Mo

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:50 pm

Thing about size...there is no garauntee...i have seen to in standard dogs throw dogs that are a bit over sized i have seen dogs in the smaller side of the standard throw quite a few over standard dogs
i have seen over standard produce in standard that have even got show titles and over standard throw under standard.
A friend of mine every litter they have had with this one female there is always one that is a moose

i have seen people get show champions on their young dogs which went over standard when they grew up...Amazing what a good show handler can do
no dog is perfect...but you can get them to stack and move right be the right person in front of the right judges ad tada you have a show champion all about if you field type put in wih judges that will look and put up field dogs...many pro show handlers they look at the show schedule as to who is judging where.and they will show certain dogs under certain judges and not step into the ring for other judges doesn't take long to figure out the Game

chuck should put some serious heart into the breeding...

and I agree with maurice Terry has done a nice job..he has put a few National caliber dogs out there that in itself says alot

NE Vizsla

Post by NE Vizsla » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:14 pm

Rob i think the dog looks great, if i was going to buy a britt id buy one out of your litter with him if it happens, i like that high tail. Maybe you buy one out of my Milo litter and ill buy one out of your litter??

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:30 pm

When I emailed I asked for a picture of Chuck in the House... wish fuel wasn't so dang expensive they are only about 2 1/2 hours south of me...i would go visit more..was gonna breed my gyp when she was in heat a little while back but had some things come up where we couldn't go...was looking forward to spending a couple days there

sooo hopefully we can cross pathes next time she comes into heat if not for sure when she comes in, in spring
it is a litter i am doig for me d a few select buddies of mine

they used to raise birds so we used to see them a bit more...now we talk on the phone or email

Terry and Jan are Super people

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:00 pm

kninebirddog wrote:and much like Karens Avatar he also for in the ring standard his back legs are over angulated as described by the standards of how a dog should stand... but obviously are not stacked like that for show ring
Also to be honest as the standards right the tail should come off the back in a 10 o clock position thus karens avatar as of today is to far down and Doc is to high up but I will take the higher tail set any day as it has been said to help a dog move in a longer stride thus able to cover ground better and shows much more intensity and style
Wow! One seminar and you're qualified to critique my dog's conformation!

My avatar is of a 14 month old puppy being broke, so of course he isn't going to hold his tail up. His tail set as an adult is JUST fine, as is his gorgeous head, his exceptional front end, his nice top line, AND his rear angulation. He's even well within the standard in height and weight. Imagine that! AND he excells in the field also!

So please tell us how many dogs you own personally with AKC show or field points? Any titles?
ImageImage

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:56 pm

Geez guys, this sounds like some of the GSP threads on here some times!!! :( :(

Doug

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:04 pm

Doug, I was thinking that too...........

I guess if you're going to take it to a personal level (like critiqueing someone's avatar dog in depth :evil: ), then you're looking for a fight IMO. :roll: I didn't actually see where anyone said the stud dog was a horrible dog, just some hoping that he wasn't the next fad dog and that he could pull it off so-to-speak in both arenas..........and then the broader view that that would make a great breed. Wonder what the guy with the thread, in search of, "brittany or setter" is thinking? :oops: Denise

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:07 pm

thank you for proving my point on my previous post

point was in the field dog on point showing not as they are stacked in a show and doc is also a young dog in that picture sorry it twisted you in a bucnh for using your avatar as an example knowing full well that you show him

and it doesn't take an expert to point out the obvious

and this post is about Maxwells Blew by You II and a potential breeding

but for your Info Karen
I have a 3x nstra Blazer and a 2 x nstra Picabo and 2 dogs bullet and Mollie that are 1 x NSTRA titled dogs I championed out
and a dog from my breeding who has a Show title...
So should i rush and post all the placements my dogs have made over the years to make me look more important. :roll:

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:33 pm

This forum just cracks me up most days. It's so serious and everything always gets off topics. Still not sure what Ezzy and Karen have against this dog. For me he is what I like and think I wanna own. I have a b!tch that matches up very well with this dog so I should produce wonderful dogs. I just have a problem worrying about the next fad dog so to speak. Who was the last fad dog Shadow. Where's his DC at so nobody should've bred to him since he ddin't excell in the show ring? I could argue all da but I don't cause bottom line its what I want that matters to me. You can never keep everyone happy no matter what. My question still is what is wrong with this dog?? I love that tail thats freaking cool man...Ezzy,Karen why isn't this dog bred worthy??? :?:

Robbie
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

BBD's Ca-Ching

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:34 pm

Seems like you should be PMing this .............. or at least turning it into a cage fight on pay per view. Too ugly. Denise

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:39 pm

Ugly??? This is nothing I've seen name calling and such on this board before. I just really wanna know whats wrong with this dog is all. I don't get beant outta shape over someones opinion on this board. There opinions may vary from mine thats life...
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

BBD's Ca-Ching

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:44 pm

Ugly??? This is nothing I've seen name calling and such on this board before.
Yeah, me too.................but it's disappointing every time. Denise

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:48 pm

wems2371 wrote:I guess if you're going to take it to a personal level (like critiqueing someone's avatar dog in depth :evil: ), then you're looking for a fight IMO. :roll:
Thank you Denise.
ImageImage

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:50 pm

I love the dogs looks but he is not in the Brittany standard and that ends my interest right there as far as breeding. On the other hand he is only a couple of inches over so we could overlook it and his off spring would be ok too since they may only be 2 or 3 inches over.

When I got into Brittanys I loved them and I made up my mind that any dogs that I used or bred to would be a Brit nd I won't use a "fad" dog as you say and an oversized dog is just that.

Would you tell me what about his size makes him a better Brit? To use Knine's tag, "Breed for the best" and a dog that doesn't qualify as a Brit isn't the best. Additionally there are many Brit that can equal his field record and are in the standard so are much better equiped to produce quality puppies.

JMO but I will not comprimize the Brit just so I can have a winner, show or field. If you ever buy a dog from me you can be sure it will be in standard and will hunt which at least will give you the chance to compete in any venue you choose. I absolutely refuse to have to apoligize to a buyer and tell them my pups have a good chance of being oversized since I breed to any size dog just because he looked nice. If that was the case I would breed to one of Cotton's setters since they are great looking dogs that perform well in the field and it really doesn't matter if they are a Brit or not.

Ezzy

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:53 pm

Ezzy how do you know how tall this dog is???
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

BBD's Ca-Ching

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie

NE Vizsla

Post by NE Vizsla » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:14 pm

A couple inches over..according to the pic he is way under as he looks to me that he is only about 4 inches tall.

Neil Mace

Post by Neil Mace » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:20 am

I have judged, scouted and been braced with Chuck, he is a nice dog, very nice, and Terry is a very good handler.

Terry has been having some fun with those of us that promote the dual concept, there is a reason he left Chuck's tail so long. Chuck is not much more than 2" over standard. Bred to a smaller female some of the pups should be in standard. My Azul is nearly as big as Chuck and he is a lttermate to NFC DC Tia Maria. There is a very small slot height standard in the Brittany.

When a dog does well, there are often rumors about being bred to pointers, setters, and the like. I don't listen and pick my breeding from what I see. Chuck is a nice dog!

The R/U at the All-Age NC, Whiz, just finished his Dual, so for me there are other alternatives, not to mention WeeBe who is the Purina point leader by a good margin.

Neil

Birddog 307

Post by Birddog 307 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:16 am

Rob if this dog fits your needs breed to it. I must say you got lots of feedback on this since we emailed the other day. I wish that I was in a place to see some of these top dogs run sometime. My biggest thing I like in a dog is how much point a dog has in him. As far as the tail length the pups do not need their tails that long if you so choose.
Allen

Yawallac
GDF Junkie

Post by Yawallac » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:28 am

As an outsider looking in, I have long felt that you Brittany folks do as good or better a job of self regulating your breed than any of the pointing breeds. You really seem to have a handle on how to keep your breed conformationally sound with excellent field ability. It's a model that the other pointing breeds could learn from IMO. You may have disagreements, but your breed is probably the most sound of all the pointing breeds in terms of conformation vs. field abilities.

JMO.