Does Anyone have any pictures of dogs in my pups pedigree

briarpatch

Does Anyone have any pictures of dogs in my pups pedigree

Post by briarpatch » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:40 pm

Hi,
I am looking for pictures of dogs that are in my pups pedigree as I am building a webpage on my pup ...And wish to make a photo pedigree..if you have any photos I can use of dogs in the pedigree please e-mail them to HighCaliberGSP@aol.com.. I would love to have them. My pups pedigree is below just click on his name to see his pedigree..please put pups pedigree in the subject of e-mail if you send any pictures so I know its not junk from a spammer..

Thanks ahead of time for any pictures you may have that I can use
Briarpatch

stonegripper

Re: Does Anyone have any pictures of dogs in my pups pedigree

Post by stonegripper » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:06 pm

I'd say you can get a pic of most every dog in the pedigree from the breeder. He's got quite a database of pics on his web page.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:14 pm

check here:

http://gsp-photos.us/

Greg J.

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:17 pm

Question: I've snatched a few photos off of websites before :oops: , but if you snatch and use these in your own website...............can't you get in trouble? Guessing you need permission. Denise

briarpatch

Post by briarpatch » Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:39 pm

Thanks Greg thats a great website for photos and information and thanks Denise, and Stonegripper also for your help.. I have just written both website owners and asked for permission to use some of their photos hopefully they wont have a problem with me using some photos ..I actually put this post on here hoping not to find pictures already on the web though when I found my pup and put pictures and info on here about him i got a few people who e-mailed or pm'ed me and told me of owning dogs in the line or knew people who owned dogs in the line i was hoping some of those people would see this post and may have some photos of dogs in my bloodline that have not been seen on the web yet and would scan a copy and send them to me for my webpage..but if anyone knows of any more good websites with photos of dogs in the bloodline please let me know ..I will e-mail the owners of those websites also and ask for permission to use their photos as well..
And Denise I believe you are right, I believe if you swipe someones photos off their website and repost them to another website without their permission if they want to push the issue they can charge you with copyright infringement ..although no one would probibly really care since I am just using the photo's for a pedigree.. I will go with the side of caution and ask for permission from the website owners just to make sure its ok with them..

Thanks again everyone for all your help

the gundog forum is a great website..I have only used the forum a few times and have gotten such great responces and help from gundog lovers like myself .I even talked to a few people on the phone about dogs ...this really is a great tool for hunting enthusiasts.. to the people that came up with this forum I just want to say thanks ..its great keep up the good work, this is an invaluable tool for us all ..