Bubba Gump Dog.....

Killer Instinct

Bubba Gump Dog.....

Post by Killer Instinct » Sun May 25, 2008 11:26 pm

Took a break from training & headed out to sea.... This was Abby's first boat ride & her first encounter with shrimp... unfortuately, we found out she likes them a little too much.....

Otter Family....

Glacier....
.·´¯`·... ><((((º> Tammy ·.¸. ><((((º> .·´¯`·.

Image Image Image Image

Plum Thickets Emma
Northern Lights Abby

DGFavor
GDF Junkie

Re: Bubba Gump Dog.....

Post by DGFavor » Sun May 25, 2008 11:57 pm

Right on! Taste first, ask questions later!! My kinda dog!!

Birddog 307

Post by Birddog 307 » Mon May 26, 2008 6:16 am

Good looking Britt! You are making me hungry looking at the shrimp.
Birddog 307

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Mon May 26, 2008 6:32 am

She has good taste! Making me hungry (and jealous)
Bill L.

Killer Instinct

Post by Killer Instinct » Mon May 26, 2008 10:30 am

Birddog 307 wrote:Good looking Britt! You are making me hungry looking at the shrimp.
Birddog 307
Actually, she's a Field Bred English Springer Spaniel - if she would have stood up, you would have seen she's not as "leggy" as a Britt..... :)

Image Image Image Image

Plum Thickets Emma
Northern Lights Abby

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:33 am

Never saw a Brit with ears like that. She sure is a nice looking dog and has good taste.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Birddog 307

Post by Birddog 307 » Mon May 26, 2008 11:51 am

I feel stupid I was looking at the ones with the shrimp but I see your signature pictures.
Birddog 307

Killer Instinct

Post by Killer Instinct » Mon May 26, 2008 7:50 pm

Birddog 307 wrote:I feel stupid I was looking at the ones with the shrimp but I see your signature pictures.
Birddog 307
Don't - she gets confused with a Brit often at first glance....

Image Image Image Image

Plum Thickets Emma
Northern Lights Abby

Equismith

Post by Equismith » Mon May 26, 2008 8:25 pm

Ah Anchorge!

I used to live on Orange Leaf Circle right next to Fort Richardson.

I left in 88.

I sure miss it up there. Petersville Rd is a good place to take the dog during Ptarmigan season in early fall. Just watch for bears. And take a gas can with you.

:lol:

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue May 27, 2008 6:35 am

Why you can grill shrimp, you can boil shrimp, you can bar b que shrimp.......... :) had some last night, scampi dog didnt get any tho. Gave him a bit of fat from the rib eyes... We eat good round here... I had a britt was liver everyone thought was a springer that pointed :) My brother lived in Alaska for awhile, he used to send me cases of crab legs and salmon, also halibut cheeks, them were the best part of that fish he said. Just cant get that stuff round here for a price I can afford or justify.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Killer Instinct

Post by Killer Instinct » Tue May 27, 2008 5:58 pm

markj wrote: My brother lived in Alaska for awhile, he used to send me cases of crab legs and salmon, also halibut cheeks, them were the best part of that fish he said. Just cant get that stuff round here for a price I can afford or justify.
No kidding about the halibut cheeks - it IS the best part of the Halibut..... Prices for salmon will be on the rise nationwide they figured due to CA, OR, & WA salmon season being shut down. You would think that prices for King Crab, salmon, shrimp, halibut, etc would be cheap here in Alaska, but not the case at all... :(

Image Image Image Image

Plum Thickets Emma
Northern Lights Abby

Killer Instinct

Post by Killer Instinct » Tue May 27, 2008 6:01 pm

Equismith wrote:Ah Anchorge!

I used to live on Orange Leaf Circle right next to Fort Richardson.

I left in 88.

I sure miss it up there. Petersville Rd is a good place to take the dog during Ptarmigan season in early fall. Just watch for bears. And take a gas can with you.

:lol:
Where's Petersville Rd? Palmer, Wasilla, Frbnks?... Things sure have chged since you were here last in 1988 - We are getting a Target & a Super Walmart close to the Base....

Image Image Image Image

Plum Thickets Emma
Northern Lights Abby

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue May 27, 2008 7:27 pm

A Walmart? Devil is coming to town :) I sure could eat a mess of them cheeks, slow cooked in butter with some sharp garlic mixed in. Yum yum. Walmart here is busy no matter what time of day or night. Wierd how the folks get 3 carts full of stuff, check out takes forever. Other stores are not so busy. I used to cook the salmon and feed em to my cats, I cant stand it I ate so many years ago. I do make a nice pate for crackers with smoked salmon and horse radish, folks eat it up so fast cant make enough. Cant get the good halibut cheeks here, asked at the fresh fish store and they just look at me like I am nuts. I tell em face cheeks, not the other end :)
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Equismith

Post by Equismith » Tue May 27, 2008 7:32 pm

Petersville Rd goes west from the main highway to Fairbanks from Anchorage. It's south of the entrance to Denali. There were lots of gold claims back there with plenty of No Trespass signs. We never bothered the gold claims, just enjoyed the great outdoors and the ptarmigan. We used .22s to shoot them. They don't fly easily. They stick sometimes too long.

And yes, alot has changed. Here's a link I found for the very area I'm speaking about.

http://www.akmining.com/mine/peters.htm
It's wilderness with vehicle access. But take your .44. It's just outside Denali Park.

Oh. I was in the 21st Security Police Squadron (21SPS), attached to the 21st Tactical Fighter Wing.

USAF 1983-1988

Killer Instinct

Post by Killer Instinct » Tue May 27, 2008 9:03 pm

Equismith wrote:Petersville Rd goes west from the main highway to Fairbanks from Anchorage. It's south of the entrance to Denali. There were lots of gold claims back there with plenty of No Trespass signs. We never bothered the gold claims, just enjoyed the great outdoors and the ptarmigan. We used .22s to shoot them. They don't fly easily. They stick sometimes too long.

And yes, alot has changed. Here's a link I found for the very area I'm speaking about.

http://www.akmining.com/mine/peters.htm
It's wilderness with vehicle access. But take your .44. It's just outside Denali Park.

Oh. I was in the 21st Security Police Squadron (21SPS), attached to the 21st Tactical Fighter Wing.

USAF 1983-1988
We will have to give it a try... I know Delta Junction is pretty popular with fowl & so is the Kenai Pennisula, where we go fishing out of Whittier, Seward, & Deep Creek. Yep, I agree with you - the bigger the gun, the safer it will be around grizzlies.... but since the hubby will be with me, all I have to do is wound him & run faster!
(Hubby was the one in the Air Force - we were stationed here initially from 1994-98 & he was in the Comm Squadron, then we transferred down & he was in Special Ops for a while. Retired back in 2002 & headed back up here for good.)

Image Image Image Image

Plum Thickets Emma
Northern Lights Abby

Killer Instinct

Post by Killer Instinct » Tue May 27, 2008 9:08 pm

markj wrote:A Walmart? Devil is coming to town :) I sure could eat a mess of them cheeks, slow cooked in butter with some sharp garlic mixed in. Yum yum. Walmart here is busy no matter what time of day or night. Wierd how the folks get 3 carts full of stuff, check out takes forever. Other stores are not so busy. I used to cook the salmon and feed em to my cats, I cant stand it I ate so many years ago. I do make a nice pate for crackers with smoked salmon and horse radish, folks eat it up so fast cant make enough. Cant get the good halibut cheeks here, asked at the fresh fish store and they just look at me like I am nuts. I tell em face cheeks, not the other end :)
Yep, you know how to cook the cheeks! I agree with you, eating lots of salmon does occasionally get old - but I sure love to catch 'em! :D

Image Image Image Image

Plum Thickets Emma
Northern Lights Abby