This is what its really all about!

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

This is what its really all about!

Post by AHGSP » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

I am going to point everyone to a link and I would like you to take a few moments to scroll about half way down to the "Unusual Father-Son Handling team" and take a few moments to look at all of the following pix from that sequence.

These pix are from a local Hunt Test and are of a Father and his very special Son and the overall scene was wonderfully captured by our "local Roving Photographer" Matt Lauer of Upland Life. I was not at this Test, but would have loved to have been there to enjoy this scene firsthand, as it is truely a touching moment and can only Thank Matt Lauer for catching this wonderful scene and sharing it through his Website, Upland Life, with the rest of us.

http://www.uplandlife.com/eventphotos/p ... sp?evid=19
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

stonegripper

Post by stonegripper » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:42 am

VERY nice!

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:30 am

Nice to see everyone not looking so serious. Looks like everyone was having a good time. Lots of smiles.

Don
GDF Junkie

Post by Don » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:07 am

That is what this country should be about! A parent and his/her kid doing something together. It reminds me of a guy I trialed with years ago, Jim Manley of Redmond, Ore. Jim's daughter went to every trial with him and Jim started with a spade female shorthair he got from the Humane society. He championed that dog and then one day his 10 yd old daughter shoewed up as the handler in an Ama Gun Dog stake. Kid won the stake with that spade cast off! It was really great.
Never set your dog up to fail - Delmar smith

The greatest room in the world is the room for improvement - William F. Brown

Some people think to much like people and not enough like dogs!

zzweims

Post by zzweims » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:43 am

All of my dogs have earned at least one JH leg being handled by a kid. One of my favorites was a little 10yo boy who was pouting because his dad wouldn't let him handle their pointer. The parent excuse I've heard over and over again is, "I don't want him to mess up the dog." Hello? This is Junior Hunter people!! My horse hunts, points and backs better than most JH dogs I've seen. It's not rocket science.

My pup Panzer earned his JH title that day under a strange child. His dad's dog failed :D

BTW, I've never had a judge allow me to accompany the child in the field. Once a little girl was handling our boy Chevy, when the pup caught a bird. My husband called him in from the sideline to make him retrieve, and the judges picked him up for double handling.

Aline
Childless in Georgia
http://sitekreator.com/zzfarms
Georgia Quail Hunting--"Our farm, your dog"