A few pics from my Jackson Hole trip...

mtlee

A few pics from my Jackson Hole trip...

Post by mtlee » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:26 pm

I just got back from my trip to Jackson Hole and thought I'd share a few photos. I absolutely loved the place, it quite an experience considering I had never been out west prior to the trip. I can see why my buddy doesn't want to come home!

This was my first trout I caught, a really small rainbow. I caught a few cutthroat trout as well. Don't see to many of them around here.

This is the Salt River where we fished.

Here's a shot I like from Yellowstone

And of course, Old Faithful

This link is to a photography company on the Snake River, The first few pics on the page are of me (front) and my buddy getting worked in a little inflatable kayak over some rapids.

http://snakeriver.elevationimaging.com/ ... ory=427869

highcotton
GDF Premier Member!

Post by highcotton » Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:32 pm

Thanks for the photos.....I feel cooler now. :lol:

blueblood

Post by blueblood » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:47 pm

The photo looks a lot like swan valley as well. Did you get into any grouse with your dog? I have seen several dead on the roads to work this year in that area.

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:35 pm

blueblood wrote:The photo looks a lot like swan valley as well. Did you get into any grouse with your dog? I have seen several dead on the roads to work this year in that area.
I didn't take my dog with me since I flew out there. I wanted to but the costs just didn't add up. Also, my buddy said she would be bear bait...don't know how true that is???

Billy Ray

Post by Billy Ray » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:01 pm

blueblood wrote:The photo looks a lot like swan valley as well. Did you get into any grouse with your dog? I have seen several dead on the roads to work this year in that area.
Swan Valley is some of the nicest country I have ever seen.

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:17 pm

Jackson Hole is, or was nice country. I lived there in the 60's and it was really a great and fun place back then. No yuppies yet. One of my bigger mistakes in life; could have bought land back then for $800.00 and acre. Seemed like a fortune then. Shucks.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

Perdido

Post by Perdido » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:03 am

gonehuntin' wrote:Jackson Hole is, or was nice country. I lived there in the 60's and it was really a great and fun place back then. No yuppies yet. One of my bigger mistakes in life; could have bought land back then for $800.00 and acre. Seemed like a fortune then. Shucks.
Ain't that the truth. It's easier to come up with 5000 now than it was 500 20 years ago. :roll:
PVA.org needs you to send them 3 bucks.

gsp-fan

Post by gsp-fan » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:55 am

Great pictures we were up that way the beginning of June and it was really cold (had snow). We had to end up buying heavier clothes - we left AZ with 100+ weather who thought to pack coats. Our 3 dogs loved it up there:) Planning another trip in September can't wait.

blueblood

Post by blueblood » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:26 pm

Its officail, there are no single family dwellings under 1 million in jackson anymore. Yep you heard me right none!

If you could have bought 5 to 10 acres back in the 60's and had them now, you could EASILY retire.