Litter

Mr jonny

Litter

Post by Mr jonny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:51 am

I'm absolutely gutted!! (to cut a long story short)
As like always this is a very busy time of year for me as a heating engineer, taking the dog to work with me is unavoidable as I can take him for a walk and generally keep him company.
Anyway last week I'm happy about where I'm going to be working as this is great for the dog (dartmoor national park) so I find a place to park and get ready to go for a walk with Jasper....

After my initial panic at seeing all the blood I had managed to control him, this allowed me to rap up his back foot and check there was no glass in the wound, i composed my self picked up the glass and drove to the vets, they had to cut away part of the pad as the cut was so deep it wasn't possible to suture.
So he has spent the last week with the bottom half of his back leg all bandaged up (nightmare)
So I guess the morel of the story is check before you let your dog jump out of the vehicle even in the middle of dartmoor! There are people who will throw away there litter in this case empty alcohol bottles and don't think about the conciquinces not only for dogs but also live stock.
I would love to be able to find out the culprits as I'm £150 down from vet bills it could of been worse but I'm still angry about it none the less

Xhipi1

Re: Litter

Post by Xhipi1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:26 am

ouch. at least the dog is OK. it could have been much worse.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:10 am

Sorry that happened. There are several hazards involved - with much more $$ needed to fix - in letting your dog jump in and out of the truck/van.

reba

Post by reba » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:16 pm

I was invited to hunt with my dogs on a ranch that had lots of roosters. I was happy to get my dogs on so many birds that I let the owner and his buddy do all the shooting. My four year old GSP required 4 stitches on the top of his front foot. I assume it was from discarded barbed wire. I think a lot of ranches have many dangers for running dogs. Give me the wide open spaces.