damaged tail

edb

damaged tail

Post by edb » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Has anyone experienced a tail injury caused by a hinged dog door? My dogs tail has a bad bend in it the last 3 inches. It was only after I put on the solid hinged door for winter that it occurred. It is about same spot that door closes on it as he enters. Guessing this is what has caused the damage but could have happened hunting also. Hoping it corrects itself.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: damaged tail

Post by Sharon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:56 pm

If it's broken you're out of luck .

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:36 pm

Don't knoe much you have been running him, but limber tail can be caused by a number of factors, including the type injury caused by the door. It usually heals. If it is a field trial dog go to the vet for xrays. Otherwise, don't worry, you won't kill more birds no matter how high the tail.

Xhipi1

Post by Xhipi1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:31 pm

you should go get it x rayd just in case. try applying gentle pressure to various areas on the tail and move up to were the injury is and see how the pup reacts. if he cries of something along those lines it could be broken. i know my pup had his tail doing funny things on time and i too thought it was injured but it turned out to be a stomach ache. after he pooped out a chunk of plastic from God knows what, his tail was wagging again.