Trouble with G3 EXP.

Stoneface

Trouble with G3 EXP.

Post by Stoneface » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:52 pm

I have had this unit for about three years. Great unit and have never had any issues with it. I have three receivers for it. It seems like all the sudden it just stopped working at any kind of range. I can hold the collar in one hand and transmitter in the other and it work fine, but I'll give it to my brother and walk down the road a quarter mile or eighth mile and the stimulation is nil. The light wil indicate, but the stimulation does not kick on and the tone does nothing. Not sure if it's the transmitter, receiver or whatever. I'm no electrition, so this is beyond me. I'll call TT tomorrow, but was wondering in the mean time if anyone has had this sort of issue before?
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

willt

Re: Trouble with G3 EXP.

Post by willt » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Have u ever changed out ur battery in ur transmitter? If not try that.

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:34 pm

Yes, it's a fresh battery. Not more than a month old. When you are a quarter mile away you can hold the continuous and the collar will blink (a quarter mile from the transmitter), but will emit no stimulation.
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

Doc E

Post by Doc E » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:36 pm

Call TriTronics and ask 'em.

Doc E & HR UH MHR WR SR Black Forest Casey
and
Nami E & HRCH UH HR Sauk River Tucker

rinker

Post by rinker » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:59 pm

All three receivers didn't go bad at one time. I would think it has to be in the transmitter.

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:16 am

Well, the oldest transmitter pooped out first and almost completely. The other two work better, but not altogether great. I thought someone here may have had the problem before. They are open during my EXACT work hours, so tech support may be an issue. I was trying to get some advice from the board in case I can't reach TT. Thanks for the input.
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------

donnie_19

Post by donnie_19 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:27 am

Sounds like a transmitter. Have you changed the battery in the transmitter or receiver? Doubt all three receivers would fail at once.

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:02 pm

Talked to TT today and they said just send it in and they'd fix it for $65. Guess we'll find out what's wrong with it when I hear back from them.
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------