Flying with pup?

mydoghasfleas

Flying with pup?

Post by mydoghasfleas » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:29 am

Any tips on flying with the dog? Any airlines that are better? or worse? Any recommendations appreciated!

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Re: Flying with pup?

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:53 am

It's been a couple of years and I don't know if Southwest is an option for you but I had good luck with them. Take some big Zip Ties and tie the door shut. I carry a small set of wire clippers in my carry on to cut the ties when I get to my destination. Without the ties it's too easy for the door to open and then you have a lost dog. Also, I freeze the water bowl so that it lasts longer on the flight.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Southwest does not fly dogs. They do allow small pups in the cabin with you if the crate is the size of a carry on.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

KwikIrish

Post by KwikIrish » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Hands down, Delta is the way to go.
Happily owned by red heads-
Cairncross Cat Ballou
Donegans Deal Me In (11/25/2008-6/14/2012)

uplandguide

Post by uplandguide » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:51 am

Just flew American home from Tennesee, 8 week old pup and I used a soft sided kennel to help fit under seat in front of me. 125 dollar fee with current health records. It was easy even had a layover. Take some piddle pads .
The website gives all the in and outs of what sizes of kennel will fit under the seat. I still opted for a soft sided and glad I did, I fit really easy and the dog was nestled in there nice.

Good luck
Mcshane's Bringing on another Chance "Hattie" NA PR 1

Sire : DC Gambles Sam Man MH UT PR1
Dam : Friedelsheim's Greenwood Greta NA PR1

Jesse

A/C Guy

Post by A/C Guy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:00 pm

mydoghasfleas wrote:Any tips on flying with the dog? Any airlines that are better? or worse? Any recommendations appreciated!
We have had puppy buyers fly home with their new pups. They used a soft carry on case designed for the task. Looks like a oversized modified purse. The pups enjoyed being with their new owners during the trip. They only cost $30 to $50 online.
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams.