Even the Pet Stores Hate the Law

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Even the Pet Stores Hate the Law

Post by mcbosco » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:31 pm

IMG-20120617-00003.jpg
Punishable with a fine of $250 - $1,000 fine and 6 months in prison.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SpinoneIllinois

Re: Even the Pet Stores Hate the Law

Post by SpinoneIllinois » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:34 pm

Amen brother.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:45 pm

Blow up your meth lab with a baby in the house and you get put in a program. I fear for society. I think I shall get DIY service dog certification for a turn signal alert dog.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Redfishkilla

Post by Redfishkilla » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:01 pm

In New York it's now a 200 dollar fine for a soda over 16 ounces and a 100 dollar fine for pot......

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:32 pm

NYC is considering a law making it illegal for taxi drivers to pick up "scantily clad" women because they could be hookers. I am serious.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:35 pm

mcbosco wrote:NYC is considering a law making it illegal for taxi drivers to pick up "scantily clad" women because they could be hookers. I am serious.
DISCRIMIINATION! :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:55 pm

The problem is there is really no way of fixing stupidity like this. You vote out one moron and vote another in and even if the guy you vote is competent then just as soon as he takes office he falls in with the rest of the ignorant morons making laws in this country. I am afraid no amount of voting is going to help. Shy of a coup and complete restructuring of the government I don't foresee a happy ending for the American voter.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Not on topic exactly but thought it wa something you all might like to read if you didn't hear him a couple of weeks ago.
New high school principal

We watched high school principal Dennis Prager of Colorado, what a dynamic, down
to earth speaker.

A Speech Every American High School Principal Should give.
By Dennis Prager.

To the students and faculty of our high school: I am your new principal, and honored to be so. There is no greater calling than to teach young people. I would like to apprise you of some important changes coming to our school. I am making these changes because I am convinced that most of the ideas that have dominated public education in America have worked against you, against your teachers and against ourcountry.

First, this school will no longer honor race or ethnicity. I could not care less if your racial makeup is black, brown, red, yellow or white.
I could not care less if your origins are African, Latin American, Asian or European, or if your ancestors arrived here on the Mayflower
or on slave ships. The only identity I care about, the only one this school will recognize, is your individual identity -- your character, your scholarship, your humanity. And the only national identity this school will care about is American. This is an American public school, and American public schools were created
to make better Americans. If you wish to affirm an ethnic, racial or religious identity through school, you will have to go elsewhere. We will end all ethnicity, race and non-American nationality-based celebrations.They undermine the motto of America, one of its three central values -- e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."

And this school will be guided by America 's values. This includes all after-school clubs. I will not authorize clubs that divide students based on any identities. This includes race, language, religion, sexual orientation or whatever else may become in vogue in a society divided by political correctness. Your clubs will be based on interests and passions, not blood, ethnic, racial or other physically defined ties. Those clubs just cultivate narcissism -- an unhealthy preoccupation with the self -- while the purpose of education is to get you to think beyond yourself. So we will have clubs that transport you to the wonders and glories of art, music, astronomy, languages you do not already speak, carpentry and more. If the only extracurricular activities you can imagine being interested in are those based on ethnic, racial or sexual identity, that means that little
outside of yourself really interests you.

Second, I am uninterested in whether English is your native language. My only interest in terms of language is that you leave this school speaking and writing English as fluently as possible. The English language has united America 's citizens for over 200 years, and it will unite us at this school.
It is one of the indispensable reasons this country of immigrants has always come to be one country. And if you leave this school without excellent English language skills, I would be remiss in my duty to ensure that you will be prepared to successfully compete in the American job market. We will learn other languages here -- it is deplorable that most Americans only speak English --but if you want classes taught in your native language rather than in English, this is not your school.

Third, because I regard learning as a sacred endeavor, everything in this school will reflect learning's elevated status. This means, among other things, that you and your teachers will dress accordingly. Many people in our society dress more formally for Hollywood events than for church or school. These people have their priorities backward. Therefore, there will be a formal dress code at this school.

Fourth, no obscene language will be tolerated anywhere on this school's property -- whether in class, in the hallways or at athletic events. If you can't speak without using the f-word, you can't speak. By obscene language I mean the words banned by the Federal Communications Commission, plus epithets such as ""bleep"," even when used by one black student to address another black, or "bitch," even when addressed by a girl to a girlfriend. It is my intent that by the time you leave this school, you will be among the few your age to instinctively distinguish between the elevated and the degraded, the holy and the obscene.

Fifth, we will end all self-esteem programs. In this school, self-esteem will be attained in only one way -- the way people attained it until decided otherwise a generation ago -- by earning it.
One immediate consequence is that there will be one valedictorian, not eight.

Sixth, and last, I am reorienting the school toward academics and away from politics and propaganda. No more time will be devoted to scaring you about smoking and caffeine, or terrifying you about sexual harassment or global warming. No more semesters will be devoted to condom wearing and teaching you to regard sexual relations as only or primarily a health issue... There will be no more attempts to convince you that you are a victim because you are not white, or not male, or not heterosexual or not Christian. We will have failed if any one of you graduates this school and does not consider him or herself inordinately fortunate -- to be alive and to be an American.

Now, please stand and join me in the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of our country. As many of you do not know the words, your teachers will hand them out to you.

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:29 pm

AMEN !!! Long past due!! Ezzy.

BigTub

Post by BigTub » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:57 pm

While the Dennis Prager speech was not actually given at a school according to SNOPES, it still is good stuff and "SHOULD" be given.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:03 pm

BigTub wrote:While the Dennis Prager speech was not actually given at a school according to SNOPES, it still is good stuff and "SHOULD" be given.
It was given at a seminar that included Tom Brokaw and others. Suppose I should have noted that but didn't see that is had anything to do with it. It was on TV and very interesting stuff about our schools and public education.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

TChism

Post by TChism » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:25 pm

Redfishkilla wrote:In New York it's now a 200 dollar fine for a soda over 16 ounces and a 100 dollar fine for pot......
thats a $300 ticket really. After they get high, they go get a 32 ounce soda, and get busted for both!

It is smart to wear a seatbelt. It is smart to wear a helmet. But, it should not be forced upon anyone.

SpinoneIllinois

Post by SpinoneIllinois » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:09 am

The sign reminds me of a story. A citizen was having a problem with an issue, so he called his state representative.

Citizen: "Is Representative Smith in today?"
Secretary: "I'm sorry, but Representative Smith passed away this morning."

The next day, the citizen calls again.

The secretary thinks the caller's voice is familiar, but replies anyway: "I'm sorry, but Representative Smith passed away."

The next day, the citizen calls again.

The secretary is sure it's the same caller: "Why do you keep calling? I told you yesterday and the day before, Representative Smith has passed away."
Citizen: "I just enjoy hearing you say it."