Uploading pictures

trasmuson3

Uploading pictures

Post by trasmuson3 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:27 am

Is there anyway to upload pictures using the iPhone 4s?

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Re: Uploading pictures

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:59 am

I have an iPad. I've always stored my pictures on Photobucket and posted an image link here.

MO_GSP

Post by MO_GSP » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:23 pm

download the photobucket app

trasmuson3

Post by trasmuson3 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:30 pm

So now that I have downloaded the photobucket app and created an album, how do I share it?

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:24 am

I feel your pain, i can take a picture and post to facebook in a heartbeat off my androind. I tried to setup a photobucket account and post to it from my phone. About an hour into it and still no luck.

Then on the bottom of the Gdf it says "UPLOAD ATTACHMENT" i click on that and it reads "uploads disabled"

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:43 am

When you select the thumbnail of the picture in the album, it will bring up a dialog box with a number of text fields. Select the one with the PHP IMG tags. Open a post here on the forums and paste that image tag in. Then hit submit.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:10 am

Greg Jennings wrote:When you select the thumbnail of the picture in the album, it will bring up a dialog box with a number of text fields. Select the one with the PHP IMG tags. Open a post here on the forums and paste that image tag in. Then hit submit.
So what you're saying is don't use the upload images button because it doeset work.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:27 am

I post pictures to the one place and links to them from others because it helps me retrain control of the pictures.

If I screw up and leave geo-tagging data in a picture, I have only one place to go take care of it.

Greg J.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:34 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:I post pictures to the one place and links to them from others because it helps me retrain control of the pictures.

If I screw up and leave geo-tagging data in a picture, I have only one place to go take care of it.

Greg J.
Would it be possible for you to unlock this disabled feature for the rest of us who Use our cell phones to post. I can't put my laptop in my pocket when my supervisor comes around. I try to only get on here while i am at work.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Wed May 09, 2012 5:46 am

Greg Its been a while and i haven't heard anything about unlocking the disabled feature. Maybe i am the olny one who cares?

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed May 09, 2012 6:06 am

I don't get much chance to read the forums this time of year. I have two kids playing varsity lacrosse...3-4 games a week each. If anyone needs my attention, they need to PM me.

I've seen other people attach pictures to posts here. I've just never tried to do it. I guess I could give it a try tonight...scratch that...Thursday or Sunday night and let you know.

I have some admin privileges, but I don't have, nor would I want, privilege to change the way GDF works. For anything like that, you need to PM "admin" here to get Rob Snell.

Greg J.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed May 09, 2012 7:20 am

This is how it works on IE 8 on Windows 7 Enterprise.

Notice that below the text box where you type your post, there are two tabs: Options and Upload Attachment.
Select the Upload attachment tab.
Select the Browse button to and find the file to attach. Hit Open, OK or whatever affirmative that comes up.
Select the Add the file button
Select the Place Inline button
Select the Submit button.

Now, I haven't had an opportunity to see how it works through Safari on my iPad. I'll let you know. It may be Thursday evening or even sometime Sun.

Greg J.
3149.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Wed May 09, 2012 8:06 am

Thanks for the help. It may be a setting on my phone that it comes up uploads disabled. I have posted off my laptop before. But i can't get signed in off that one.
I am not too computer saavy but i can find the stuff i shouldint find real easy.